What's pissing you off today?

Discussion in 'BHM/FFA' started by Surlysomething, May 16, 2012.

1. May 16, 2012 #1

Surlysomething

Surlysomething

Surlysomething

In Remembrance In Remembrance

We have a what's making you happy and a what's making you sad thread. Don't you think a pissed off thread would be a great place to vent as well?

I'm pissed off that the people that live in the apartment above me NEVER GO OUT. Seriously, I think they're semi-agoraphobic. GO OUT. GET SOME FRESH AIR. I don't need to hear your every goddamn movement 24/7! And take your miserable kid with you!

Your turn! :mad::)

2. May 16, 2012 #2

ConnieLynn

ConnieLynn

ConnieLynn

has left the building.

Thank you!

My coworker. We have good benefits, including insurance, but she can't "afford" the extra 20 bucks a month it would take to put her two kids on the policy. So while she is insured, my taxes are picking up the bill for her kids, while she gets tax breaks for having kids.

But she can afford to feed them take out food every single night instead of cooking, maintains artificial nails, and she and each kid has a laptop, the newest iphones, kindles, etc.

I am a firm believer in helping those in need, but damn those $50 a month nails and her frequent announcements of new gadgets piss me off.

iheartsquishys likes this.
  3. May 16, 2012 #3

Crafty Barnardo

Crafty Barnardo

Crafty Barnardo

The police!!!!!

4. May 17, 2012 #4

pepsicola93

pepsicola93

pepsicola93

My grandma moved in with me recently. She's a total slob, the last place she lived looked like something off of that show Hoarders. I got over that, but there's one thing I just can't seem to ignore. She doesn't wash her hands.

I know you're probably thinking it's gross, but don't really get why it annoys me. Well, it annoys me because she keeps touching my ice, my food, and my dishes. I'm just utterly disgusted. So I have to throw a ton of food out and have been drinking everything warm&with no ice. And since she has something against my dishwasher and has been handwashing stuff and putting it back in the cabinet, I have had to wash ALL of the dishes everyday before using any of them again.

I know I'm probably overreacting, but even just thinking of it grosses me out :(

I hate to say it because she's family and all, but I really want her to leave.

iheartsquishys likes this.
  5. May 17, 2012 #5

HeavyDuty24

HeavyDuty24

HeavyDuty24

Come on rise up

I can actually feel you on that one, maybe you could politely tell her or try to for her to wash her hands more often. Everyone should wash there hands at some point you know.

6. May 17, 2012 #6

viracocha

viracocha

viracocha

Hot like sauce

Agreed. My boyfriend does this too. Thankfully he doesn't get to touch my stuff except for limited durations of time.

Work is driving me crazy. I really like that ad hoc structure most of the time, but it's a bit much when I'm doing IT for the whole dang company and coordinating my bosses to follow through. Not to mention catching flack constantly for only working 10 hours a week of OT and coworkers (who are paid more than me) that need me to hold their hand through everything. :/ help.

7. May 17, 2012 #7

likeitmatters

likeitmatters

likeitmatters

happiness as finally come

what really pisses me off is when I am driving and you have these rather huge wideload vehicles in my way and not doing the speed limit or they are texting or talking on the phone.

pull over and text and talk please. :mad:

8. May 17, 2012 #8

LeoGibson

LeoGibson

LeoGibson

Happy

Not speaking to texting or talking while you drive, because we are in agreement there. As to wide loads I understand aggravation with them and I have even done that for a living. However, something for your consideration is that those type of loads are governed by permit of the state it is traveling in. The state decides what the route and maximum allowable speed depending on total weight, height, or width. So even if the speed limit is 65, by permit that load's speed limit may only be 45 mph. It also governs what time of day you can drive as well with said load. Believe me when I say that most truckers will drive as fast as the law or whatever speed their company will let them drive as rarely are these types of jobs paid by the hour, so we want to complete them as quickly as we are able to.

9. May 17, 2012 #9

Melian

Melian

Melian

Ultimate Chimera

What's pissing me off? Oh I'm SO glad you asked! :p

Several things, really:

1. I have been sitting in limbo with a 99% finished thesis for over a month, because my dumbass stats guys can't be bothered to write up their methods section!!

2. Every day, I have to hear about this idiotic student "strike" that is going on in Quebec. They are having their fees raised a nominal amount and, even after the increase, they will still be paying the lowest tuition in the country by far, yet they're super pissed off and acting like whiny babies who shit themselves 50 times and want the government to change their diapers. My fees are about 8X what they would pay with the increase (and rent here is at least double what they pay) - they can go fuck themselves. I hope the police get tired of listening to them and just cave their faces in with batons.

3. A guy who decapitated a sleeping passenger on a bus, then paraded around the bus with the head, while eating parts of it, was found "not criminally responsible" due to his mental state, and will soon be released from his VERY short period of psychiatric treatment. WTF. Someone should decapitate that piece of shit.

4. A while back, we had a mandatory 5 cent fee applied to purchases that required a plastic bag - it seemed that the money collected would be used to fund recycling programs etc. Now, it turns out that the fee just went to the companies, ie. they made a shit ton of money for something that used to be free. The fee is no longer mandatory, but companies will probably continue to charge it - the suggestion is that they will donate a portion of it. Ugh. Instead of dealing with it this way, why couldn't they make it mandatory to donate the fee? This doesn't affect me, because I have used cloth bags for over a decade so they're not getting my money either way, but the whole thing is so fucking stupid that I can't bear to hear about it anymore!

5. There is a transgendered contestant in the Miss Universe Canada competition. This is not what's pissing me off, as I fully support trans individuals and all that. What pisses me off is the fact that she's fighting so hard for the right to be objectified as much as other bimbos who were born with a vagina. What a waste of time.

That's enough for now. There's more, though.

ETA: While I was typing this, I heard on the news that you can now receive a $10K fine if you are caught washing your car in your driveway in Toronto. Ugh...I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

vardon_grip and MattB like this.
  10. May 18, 2012 #10

Surlysomething

Surlysomething

Surlysomething

In Remembrance In Remembrance

I love you in so many ways.

:bow:

11. May 18, 2012 #11

BigChaz

BigChaz

BigChaz

His Eggy Roundness

I have no problems with people who smoke weed. However, I do have a problem with them smoking so much weed next door that my house constantly smells like it and it's fucking disgusting and it reeks.

If I could get away with it, I would go over there and put out their joints one by one by shoving them into their fucking eye sockets and making them eat their fucking bongs shard by shard.

12. May 19, 2012 #12

djudex

djudex

djudex

I'm out

Why in the name of flat-footed fuck would you get a $10k fine for washing your car in your driveway?? Are you supposed to do it on the street or something?

13. May 19, 2012 #13

Melian

Melian

Melian

Ultimate Chimera

It has to do with illegal dumping of solvents into the sewer system or some shit like that. Meanwhile, most people wash their cars with small amounts of plant-based, non-toxic soap and warm water.

14. May 19, 2012 #14

samuraiscott

samuraiscott

samuraiscott

True Story

People who had kids at such an early age that they never outgrew the childish high school mindset.

15. May 20, 2012 #15

likeitmatters

likeitmatters

likeitmatters

happiness as finally come

I have the upmost respect for truckers as I was a trucker back in the day however those people with hummers and suv's and whatever that are not doing the speed limit because they may not be able to afford the gasoline and are in my way drives me nuts.

16. May 20, 2012 #16

LeoGibson

LeoGibson

LeoGibson

Happy

:blush:I would have known that if I paid a modicum of attention to your subject line and seen you what you were referencing.:doh: Sorry. I agree, those tools drive me nuts too.:D

17. May 29, 2012 #17

MrBob

MrBob

MrBob

I've woken up and my entire body aches and it's seriously pissing me off. Epic length band practise last night in a stifling oven of a room has left me unbelievably dehydrated and every muscle in my frame knotted beyond belief. Heavens-to-Betsy, I would give anything in the world for some deep tissue massage right about now!

18. May 30, 2012 #18

biglynch

biglynch

biglynch

http://www.facebook.com/#!/aiden.j.lynch,
    My nextdoor neighbour's little shit waggon of a dog. The dirty midnight barking, angry bastard.:mad:

19. Jun 1, 2012 #19

lovelocs

lovelocs

lovelocs

Nunc est Bibendum

I am about to have to turn my heat on in JUNE.

20. Jun 1, 2012 #20

Librarygirl

Librarygirl

Librarygirl

THURSDAY! What was it yesterday? Do I speak a foreign language (well, I do, but i wasn't!)? Spent all morning with readers and volunteers developing apparent deafness every time my assistant or I opened our mouths to ask/ tell them anything. :mad:

Then ended up having a bizarre online chat with a friend who suddenly flipped at something I said and lost it with me, when I really hadn't meant anything by what I said and was baffled by the reaction I got.

The whole day left me feeling SO angry and frustrated. It has always been a pet hate of mine since childhood - people misinterpreting what I say and feel / patronising me and the general sense that some people are on a different wavelength and there is no way of reasoning with them.:mad: