What's pissing you off today?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

ODFFA

It feels a little gross to say there's been something about this lockdown period that I've found blissful... but there has been. It was the first time that I'd ever experienced living in SA and not being particularly worried about crime. The drop in our crime stats over these last months has been staggering.

I knew it would be temporary. And, yep, here we go again with the neighbourhood watch posts and the break-in alerts. Safety has always been one of the things at the heart of my love-hate relationship with SA (along with racism, poverty & sexism). And after this blissful break, I just feel especially pissed off about having to live in such a crime-ridden country.

ETA: I just listened to our president's latest national address, and am overcome with gratitude at his recognition of the concerns I was just bitching about above. It'd be remiss of me not to mention this, because it truly did move me 😭 No president before has been this outspoken against gender-based violence, not even Mandela.

Last edited:

Shotha

DM Supporter
It feels a little gross to say there's been something about this lockdown period that I've found blissful... but there has been. It was the first time that I'd ever experienced living in SA and not being particularly worried about crime. The drop in our crime stats over these last months has been staggering.

I knew it would be temporary. And, yep, here we go again with the neighbourhood watch posts and the break-in alerts. Safety has always been one of the things at the heart of my love-hate relationship with SA (along with racism, poverty & sexism). And after this blissful break, I just feel especially pissed off about having to live in such a crime-ridden country.

ETA: I just listened to our president's latest national address, and am overcome with gratitude at his recognition of the concerns I was just bitching about above. It'd be remiss of me not to mention this, because it truly did move me 😭 No president before has been this outspoken against gender-based violence, not even Mandela.
I never thought that I would here the word "blissful" in connection with a COVID-19 lockdown. However, now that I've heard it, yes I found the lockdown in New Zealand had it's blissful moments. Thinking about all the lives saved by our lockdown brings me a feeling of bliss.

Latest posts