When/how did you notice, "Wow, I got fat?!"

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

loopytheone

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Went to an agility competition and one of the pics managed to capture my cellulite mid motion *gag*

I am not that fat, but i am curvy and muscly, and the photographer somehow managed to catch that exact instant i was sprinting, muscle flexing and fat moving all at once.

Now i feel like i cant eat ever again. :(

Yes, i know the irony of a girl who likes fat guys disliking excessive pounds on herself. Just gettin tooo curvy lol.
For the record, I think you look gorgeous. =3

SSBHM

If you want to see chub in the middle...

Well, you look lean and lythe to me!

Nice photo, well balanced dog too.

Chuck

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
Two that have happened to me recently.

First, there is a discount store near us that is the nearest place to get milk at a reasonable price, and to get to the milk you have to pass through the clothing. The other week I noticed they had some decent looking long sleeved t-shirts for eight bucks, and a little further investigation showed they were 100% cotton and felt quite nice, so I grabbed one tagged as XL and took it home. When I wore it I really liked it; it skimmed my torso without being stretched over my chubs. In fact, I liked it so much that I went back and grabbed a second XL, but when I wore the new one it was noticeably snugger, indeed having to stretch over the chubs. That is when I took a careful look at the original, and saw that despite whatever had been on the price-tag, in the garment it was clearly marked as XXL. And it fit perfectly :blush:

Second, I went out for a walk at lunch today, wearing a windbreaker I’ve had for years which has elastic at the bottom of it. My walk was to go to a coffee shop half a mile away to pick up a bag of beans for home, and after buying it I just shoved it inside my jacket—with the elastic at the bottom I’ve often used it as an impromptu giant pocket in this way in the past. Except apparently I haven’t done that for a while, because it was really hard to get the zipper done back up, apparently there just isn’t much slack left between my belly and the jacket these days.

Snow Angel

Southern Chick
I think I was in grade school when my Mom had bought me some jeans during the summer and when school started she had to go buy me some more because the others wouldn't fit. I really started to put on weight when I got out of high school and started working in a back office. I wasn't very active and that's when I really started to gain. I started walking and drinking water and lost some weight but I have gained it all back.

Pinkbelly

Generally? I can tell I'm getting fat as I step out of the shower. Catch myself in the mirror and think "Wow, what happened?" :p

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
I wore a nylon wind-shell jacket this morning, as it wasn't that cold out. I Walked half a block, then notice my belly if feeling cold. I look down, and see that the zipper is attached at the top and bottom, but has come apart in the middle, leaving the jacket gaping wide open over my wide middle. I thought I'd gotten too fat for the jacket, and it was my belly pulling the zipper apart. A definite 'whoa, I really got fat!' moment.

A bit of experimentation showed that it was all about the zipper failing, and nothing (or at least little) to do with me putting any stress on it. Had a mixture of relief and disappointment once I figured that out. And fortunately there were snaps to close a flap over the zipper, so I could still do those up and keep the jacket more-or-less snugly done up.

I reached my goal weight of 250lbs last year and lost about 15lbs after a rough summer which included a breakup among other things. I'm at about 240lbs now deciding if I want to gain back up to 250lbs. In the last year, at least 3 of my jeans or pants have buttons missing if I can fit in them.

This week a pair of corduroys ripped as I was bending and reaching for something before heading out to work. I was too lazy to change them and since there was nothing really showing there was a rip other than loose threads, I just rolled with it. I chucked them when I got back home.

Lear

I work at a McDonald's and i'm apparently too fat to clean the lobby since I can't fit in our supply closet. Kinda thankful for this as its a super dull task in the morning.

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
When I plopped down in my recliner and broke the ass end out of it!
We had this happen to our couch after less than two years – on the side where we most often sit first one spring broke off then another. I was not willing to spend the money on a new couch so soon, so I un-stapled the fabric on the bottom so I could see inside, and found framing at appropriate places front and back such that I was able to screw in a nice strong piece of plywood. It worked out pretty well, the springs are still in there and have their arced shape, they just rest on the plywood on the loose end now, which means there is still some springiness (and the padding in the seat above that), but then there is a firm support too. Now we all use that end of the couch by preference because we find it more comfortable than the end where the springs didn’t break – I really should put a board in on the other end too.

No idea if that would be a possibility for you or not.

(because an ass of destruction shouldn't always mean having to buy new furniture!)

Deannie

I guess I really noticed when I needed a seatbelt extender when flying.

Deannie

No, it is just that it is almost a public statement. Sitting down, realizing, putting the call bell on, asking and waiting...all while other passengers are waiting.

landshark

Happy to be part of Dims!
No, it is just that it is almost a public statement. Sitting down, realizing, putting the call bell on, asking and waiting...all while other passengers are waiting.
My wife hates flyes no for this reason. She lost weight at one point and didn't need that extender but now the pounds are back and they brought some friends. She's not too thrilled with herself about this, despite having a husband that fawns all over her.

Reactions: Tad

Latest posts