• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Why I love being a big girl

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blondeegrldd

I actually posted this on my Space but had to share it with ya'll of course...

A lovely member of my family constantly nags me to lose weight. [HINT: its in the word 'nag.'] Listed below are what I am guessing she is most worried about...

A) My size jeans is much more -cough- generous than hers.

B) My health.

Oops. Only two reasons.

My answers...

A) She must be jealous of this.

B) In reality, I am in perfect health. Since the pedi-surgery two years ago which was unrelated to weight... I've never felt better. I am aware that I am young and it is too soon to be declaring I will live to 100. But really, who wants to live that long anyway?

Here's the thing: Aside from what E! and Top Model (which is one of my fave shows, by the way) and Weight Watchers wants me to think... I love being a big girl. Love it. I love feeling physically powerful. I love being feminine and curvy and soft all over. I love flying past the normal sizes to plus sizes. Shopping has become more of an adventure than ever.

I used to be concerned. I used to ask myself - "I am not supposed to feel this way, right? I am supposed to look in the mirror and call myself a 'Fat, disgusting pig' before going on an all grapefruit diet that will no doubt fail in less than a week and drive me into the loving arms of Ben & Jerry for comfort. I am supposed to hate this. I am supposed to severly bruise my hips and belly from grabbing them hard in hopes they would disappear."

And, for the longest time, that's exactly what I did. No wonder any significant amounts of weight I lost came crawling right back. My heart wasn't into it. Does it have to be?

Well, life is too short to pretend to be something I am not. Not that I am opposed to shedding a couple pounds here or there. But a couple pounds won't take away the glorious title of Big Girl which I am finding myself most in love with. So, I officially do not regret being the way I am. Maybe that will change in the future. I am young, and I know I will continue to change in these next few important twenty-something years. But right now, I am completely, utterly, satisfied with the role I play in my life.

Trust me, I have no problem finding nice, attractive men to date and adore me. I have more of a problem keeping them at arm's length, truth be told. I have no problem looking at a beautiful, skinny friend and recognizing she is sexy in her own way and I am sexy in my own unique way.

Besides, isn't unique so much more interesting?

[Next time Nagging Woman gets on my case, I will print this out, and hand it to her with a smile... because I know if I open my mouth to talk, my point will be shot]

Latest posts

Back