World Cup 2010 Thread

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

JMCGB

If England wins today do they celebrate by popping a top on some oil cans? ;)

GregW

I'll take a draw with England! I saw us losing to England, beating Algeria, and considered Slovenia the toss-up game.

Wild Zero

ǝןʇıʇ ɹǝsn
In crucial games with his team holding a lead he fouls on the edge of the box.

Despite being a tenth of the player Le Tissier was, he's managed to be capped nearly 60 more times than him.

His managers' infatuation with him is so intense that he's played at striker with no discernible finishing ability.

For a signature move Ronaldo has the pedalada, he has the "hang onto the ball for far too long, get far too close to the keeper and a)kick it 10 feet over the crossbar or b) kick it directly at the keeper's chest."

He is Emile Heskey, and he is the worst international footballer in the world.

Adrian

??
I was so happy for the USA this morning. Sure the British goal keeper made a mistake but, so did some defenders who were out of position and could not prevent the shot on goal.

Proner

Scruffy Scruffy
Maradona doesnt know what he's doing...Gutierrez at right back? He doesnt know how to defend!

Sure they're winning but i think that's in spite of Diego, not because of him.
He's not a good coach at all, he's an icon and he's here to inspire players more than coaching them. Gutierrez is here because he could make lots of efforts and run during the game but that's all, he's not good at defend and not very technic...

Damn I'm not very enthusiast for France they played such a boring game on Friday! We have talented players but they don't play as a team thay all try to be the "hero" who finally score. The only light of the game was Abou Diaby who could be one of the revelation of this cup if the France go far in the competition.

Oh and it seems it's a tradition for English's goalkeeper to do BIG mistakes, and yeah I could make this kind of comments as goalkeeper is one of the only strong position in the French team :D

rellis10

tuh-maw-tow
Are Oz's team any good?

I know they're a driving force in Cricket, but I have no idea about Football.
They're ok, not the best but not the worst either. Comparable to the USA team in alot of ways. They're getting pretty badly beat by Germany at the moment though :(

mango

Mustachio Nut
Are Oz's team any good?

I know they're a driving force in Cricket, but I have no idea about Football.
And we're out...

Down 0-4 (so far) to Germany with a key striker red-carded. I don't even know if we can qualify in second place in our group conceding that many goals. :confused:

We fared much better in our games in 2006 making it to the playoffs. In that tournament, we were knocked out by Italy (who went on to win the whole shebang) in a dubious goal from a free kick in the 89th minute.

:(

rellis10

tuh-maw-tow
It's not that bad. You have a decent chance of beating Ghana and Serbia will need to improve if they want to qualify.

So say you beat Ghana and draw with Serbia (Leaving you with 4 points)
I reckon Germany will sweep the group with 3 wins (putting them on 9).
Ghana would lose both remaining matches (leaving them on 3).
And Serbia would lose to Germany and draw with the Aussies. (giving them 1)

So yeah, in that scenario you go through in second :D

mejix

meh
if its any consolation i thought australia's uniforms were way cooler than germany's.

KittyKitten

Nerdysillysweetspicysaucy
LOL at Britain's prissy white uniforms, don't want to get them too dirty! Love the dance the South African players were doing after they scored.

MuleVariationsNYC

Math ap Mathonwy
It pains me to say it, but Germany looks good - really good timing on their through passes, lots of team speed. Australia looked VERY poor. I think Serbia will give the Germans a much better match.

Great result for Ghana, they can wrap up advancement by beating the Cahill-less Aussies next match.

Very good result for the U.S. Now we need to mount a sustained, creative offense against Slovenia.

Off to bed, up in a few hours to catch the Holland game before work! :)

Proner

Scruffy Scruffy
Yeah I think Germany will go really far in this competition, they play a good, simple and quick game and they have very young talented players. I was impressed by their performance yesterday.

iglooboy55

black is looking white
and i'm so bummed about Davies! he came from my town, besides Adam Sandler the only famous person, and that crash was terrible. next time he'll hopefully follow team rules.
P.S. lolz @ robert green. paahahahhahahaaahahaha!

Latest posts