• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Your "Stereotypical" Canadian Quirks...

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MattB

Well...I was thinking about starting a hockey thread so we could all commiserate over none of our teams winning the Cup again this year, as usual, but I changed my mind since I figured the late not-so-great Hyde Park wouldn't be able to hold a candle to a thread like that for fireworks and sheer brutality...

Then I got to thinking...y'know, the rest of the non-Canadians on the boards probably expect us to have a hockey thread down here! I started pondering stereotypical Canadians, how we are often portrayed by media/entertainers in other countries, and I realized that I am (I...AM...) like that sometimes! So let's give them what they want/expect to hear from us...List your TRUE Canadian quirks!!! I'll go first...These are all basically real about me, even if they seem less than serious...

1. I like hockey...no...I LOVE HOCKEY!!! (I used to love Baseball more, until the MAN took away my beloved Expos!!)
1A. My self worth corresponds to the success of the Ottawa Senators. Therefore I'm currently worthless...:(
2. I wear a toque from September through April.
3. I pronounce "Toronto" as "Tronna".
4. I've already had a poutine twice this week, and I may not be done yet...
5. I have relatives who think my fiancee may be too fat, but they never come out and say it outright, and justify it by saying that "At least she'll be warmer in the winter"...(Threw that in there in honour of the Dim boards, I suspect this may also be true in Minnesota...)
6. I spell "honour" and "colour" with a 'u' and sometimes I throuw extra 'u's in outher wourds just to be diffucult...
7. I have cousins who act like Bob and Doug MacKenzie- not on purpose.
8. I say "Pretty cold, eh?" to others when it's -40c with the windchill.

Oh man, I could go on forever but, it's like, your turn eh?

Latest posts

Back