• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Applying for Disability!

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goldendiamondeyes

goldendiamoneyes
I don't know just where to place this thread, so please Moderators help me here......

Hey I was wondering about Disability and has anyone applied for it because of being a SSBBW?

I am a SSBBW and finding work that I can do is very hard if not impossible. I have my Cosmotogy license and I have a degree in Business/Office Technology. (I was told that I'd never get a job in a Business Office (by my instructor) because "FAT" people were not good for business presentation.) Now with my size I can't stand or sit for long periods of time. when I sit my legs go numb..(Perils of having a huge hanging belly). Can't stand for long periods (over 10 minutes) because then I'm so stiff in back,hips,legs and ankles, they then refuse to work when I try to walk. This is not to even mention the pain of my hanging belly because most seats don't contain it very well.

Well with looking and having jobs that didn't last long enough, and working as a personal aide and then having a herniated navel with profusely bleeding, I had to stop working. I have had to apply for disablilty. (not fun)

I have been rejected several times and Now I have a Lawyer on the case, but the real problem is that It could take up to 3 years if not longer. I'm trying to get into Low Income houseing, but that has a waiting list of 2 years...Seems I am getting RED FLAGS every avenue that I try... How do people survive this? I mean here I am a new seperated women with no job and looking for housing, and trying to live,.....

Is there anyone that has any tips? help? What is everyones opinion on this? All I guess I'm asking for is HELP.....

Latest posts

Back