Awkward pick-up lines and topics

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

DazzlingAnna

DM Supporter
During the last days I was confronted with some "unconventional opening phrases and topics" when talking to someone.
I'd like to ask you to share your gems here, what it was (related to size/shape or not) and how you reacted.

Here is one of mine...
Yesterday when I was outside on a playground a guy approached and was talking to me. A bit of small talk, quite ok.
Next he was recommending a beauty surgery on my face, a removal of my moles on skin of my face.

I just laughed out loud and asked him why I should do that if these are part of me and don't cause a health issue...

So what did you experience? I am curious if I am the only one that meets such people.

Shh! Don’t tell!

I’ve had boys try to get my attention by loudly speculating about what my ethnicity is. On two different occasions!

DazzlingAnna

DM Supporter
Another one today, actually not a pick-up line but conversation starter I guess.

"Did you notice that you have a lot of small pimples in your face?"

No conversation started.

There obviously seems to be something about my face, disfigured by moles and pimples. 🤣

Have a look...

20200622_184409.jpg
🙄

Joker

I had a female message and start by saying she loves a big tattooed bad boy. Then she asked if I would put a baby in her. I replied that I didn’t know where to get a baby nor would I know how to put it in her. She never contacted me again. Lol
Scream.jpg

Tattoocharlie

I good friend of mine got his girlfriends name tattooed on his arm. After they broke up he turned it into a memorial tattoo. When we would go to bars he would give a sad story about his poor girlfriend that passed away and that he held her hand till the end. Said he didn’t know if he could ever love like that again. A few girls fell for it. He even married one that did. He eventually told her it was a lie

Joker

I good friend of mine got his girlfriends name tattooed on his arm. After they broke up he turned it into a memorial tattoo. When we would go to bars he would give a sad story about his poor girlfriend that passed away and that he held her hand till the end. Said he didn’t know if he could ever love like that again. A few girls fell for it. He even married one that did. He eventually told her it was a lie
We have a winner. The rest of us can now just quit trying.

Sonic Purity

Jiggle Junkie
This is off-topic, but i’m not seeing a better place to put it, so here we go…
So am i. Which is why it was timely that some months ago at this age i bought this:
Acme siren.JPG

Those familiar with 1960s rock music (whether from having experienced it as new, or retroactively as musical history) may understand:

* What this is
* Why i bought it
* What i do with it
* Why those last two reasons have a time element

Dragging this post back kinda-sorta on-topic: it’s somewhat the antithesis of a pick-up line/device. At least for me.

What’s awkward with me and pick-up lines is how long it takes me to realize i’ve encountered one.
Not minutes.
Not hours.
Not days.
Not weeks.
Years.
In some cases, decades.

Is it any wonder that much of my life has been solitary?

LarryTheNoodleGuy

This is off-topic, but i’m not seeing a better place to put it, so here we go…

So am i. Which is why it was timely that some months ago at this age i bought this:
View attachment 136505

Those familiar with 1960s rock music (whether from having experienced it as new, or retroactively as musical history) may understand:

* What this is
* Why i bought it
* What i do with it
* Why those last two reasons have a time element

Dragging this post back kinda-sorta on-topic: it’s somewhat the antithesis of a pick-up line/device. At least for me.

What’s awkward with me and pick-up lines is how long it takes me to realize i’ve encountered one.
Not minutes.
Not hours.
Not days.
Not weeks.
Years.
In some cases, decades.

If I ever form a cover band and we need a whistle after Eddie Van Halen's guitar solo in "Running With The Devil," I hope I can call on you and your Acme siren!

Sonic Purity

Jiggle Junkie
If I ever form a cover band and we need a whistle after Eddie Van Halen's guitar solo in "Running With The Devil," I hope I can call on you and your Acme siren!
Thaaat’s the other famous song that uses it. Really hard to hit that far higher-pitched note, at least for me. Takes a lot of air and i have a lot of air, but apparently not enough. Or don’t have the technique down yet.

Joker

Thaaat’s the other famous song that uses it. Really hard to hit that far higher-pitched note, at least for me. Takes a lot of air and i have a lot of air, but apparently not enough. Or don’t have the technique down yet.
You fail I front a Leonord Cohen Cover band. My side job is working for ZZ top. ;)

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
Not minutes.
Not hours.
Not days.
Not weeks.
Years.
In some cases, decades.

I feel you on this. A couple of decades afterwards I suddenly put the pieces together to realize that the first young woman I sort-of-kind-of dated was likely some degree of FFA. Kind of wish I could reach back through time and give myself a smack upside the head, you know?

BigElectricKat

Have a question? PM me!
Staff member
Global Moderator
I can't ever remember an awkward pick up line but I do remember one or two good ones.

One night I was out dancing and I was wearing a shirt that said "Eveready" (like the battery company). A gal (who just happened to be a BBW) walked past me and remarked, "Eveready, huh? Are you?" To I replied, "Yes!" It was on after that!

Sonic Purity

Jiggle Junkie
One night I was out dancing and I was wearing a shirt that said "Eveready" (like the battery company). A gal (who just happened to be a BBW) walked past me and remarked, "Eveready, huh? Are you?" To I replied, "Yes!" It was on after that!
(impressed) Wow. That’s the sort of thing i’ve read about over the years and write into my own fiction now and then that has never, ever, remotely even once happened in my actual life, regardless of the nature or even existence of pick-up lines.

BigElectricKat

Have a question? PM me!
Staff member
Global Moderator
In my younger days, I've had a few of those "chance encounters" that you normally read about in fiction. I remember walking into a club one night and I passed a brunette with crystal blue eyes. I thought "wow". Took a few steps and turned around to look at her and she had done the same! Every now and again, God smiles on me.