Best Movie Line Ever?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

swamptoad

Top Secret (1984)

Nick Rivers: Listen to me, Hillary. I'm not the first guy who fell in love with a woman that he met at a restaurant who turned out to be the daughter of a kidnapped scientist, only to lose her to her childhood lover who she last saw on a deserted island, who then turned out fifteen years later to be the leader of the French underground.

Hillary Flammond: I know. It all sounds like some bad movie.

[Long pause. Both look at camera]

LoveDDD

What do you think was the best line you ever heard in a movie?

I loved:

On Golden Pond= "My whole Goddamned Body is falling apart!" :eek:

Breaking Away= "It's OK, Cyril. I understand." :doh:
I loved the line Rosie O delivered to the young men ogling girlie mags in that indie movie about how women with breasts like those come with bodies like these (something like that). ;)

doubledeezer

Its a bit more than a line ,but its such a great piece!

"My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, Commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next."
Gladiator

1claire

“Love means never having to say you're sorry.” Love Story, 1970

Classis movie line is my favorite.

wrenchboy

Here is another quote from one of the most excellent movies EVER!

"Fourscore and...seven minutes ago we, your forefathers, were brought forth upon a most excellent adventure conceived by our new friends, Bill... and Ted. These two great gentlemen are dedicated to a proposition which was true in my time, just as it's true today. Be excellent to each other. And... PARTY ON, DUDES!"

From another classic...

"Oh, really? You guys think I'm just some untouchable peasant? Peon? Huh? Maybe so, but following a broom around after shitheads like you for the past eight years I've learned a couple of things; look through your letters, I look through your lockers...I listen to your conversations, you don't know that but I do. I am the eyes and ears of this institution my friends...By the way, that clock's
Here is another quote from one of the most excellent movies EVER!

"Fourscore and...seven minutes ago we, your forefathers, were brought forth upon a most excellent adventure conceived by our new friends, Bill... and Ted. These two great gentlemen are dedicated to a proposition which was true in my time, just as it's true today. Be excellent to each other. And... PARTY ON, DUDES!"

From another classic...

"Oh, really? You guys think I'm just some untouchable peasant? Peon? Huh? Maybe so, but following a broom around after shitheads like you for the past eight years I've learned a couple of things; look through your letters, I look through your lockers...I listen to your conversations, you don't know that but I do. I am the eyes and ears of this institution my friends...By the way, that clock's twenty minutes fast."

Put them in the iron maiden.
Excellent! (Guitar playing)
Execute them.
Bogus.

Group builder