comic book nerds UNITE!

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Weirdo890

Took your advice and I head down to Golden Age, it's a great store. Lots to look at, and lots to pick up, but definitely a money sink :D
Half-Price Books is becoming my money sink. I've found so many good comics there. I've found American reprints of material from Britain's 2000 AD, great Indiana Jones comics, and so many others. The 25-cent bin is your friend. :D

Hozay J Garseeya

Rooder. Crooder. Neuter.
Half-Price Books is becoming my money sink. I've found so many good comics there. I've found American reprints of material from Britain's 2000 AD, great Indiana Jones comics, and so many others. The 25-cent bin is your friend. :D
I used to frequent half-priced books in AZ, but I haven't tried them here for any comics. I'll definitely have to check them out.

Hozay J Garseeya

Rooder. Crooder. Neuter.
anybody reading anything good lately?

I'm currently working my way through the Alan Moore run of Swamp thing, along with Vampireboy thanks for our boards very own Wierdo, and catching up on Chew!

Mckee

Next week I should receive some of the "Before Watchmen" comic books series...it's a prequel to the 1986 Alan Moore's Watchmen. Hope will meet the expectations.

Weirdo890

I've been reading John Byrne's underrated (and sadly short-lived) Danger Unlimited series. I have three of the four issues that were released and they are amazing. I wish I could find the last issue.

marlowegarp

I wanna meet that dad
Storm Dogs is by David Hine and Doug Braithwaite. Only three issues are out, but I'd say it's like if Dune were a police procedural. Great art in particular.

Manhattan Projects is a really entertaining alternate history. Wernher Von Braun, "Albrecht Einstein", Oppenheimer and other brilliant scientists make wild discoveries and fight the Illuminati. Laika the Russian space dog is a character.

Weirdo890

I haven't been able to get to the comic book shop lately, and there is one titile that I would like to get. That's The High Ways, written and drawn by John Byrne. It looks like a cool science-fiction book, with lots of suspense and surprises. This takes place in John Byrne's Next Men universe (another book I like). I hope to get them soon.

Cobra Verde

Lupus Dei
Do comic book nerds really need to unite on the internet of all places? That's like saying "drinkers UNITE!" at a frat party or "white people UNITE!" at CPAC.

marlowegarp

I wanna meet that dad
Odds are someone on here knows this:

After 20 years of actively collecting, I'm trying to wind down my comic collection. I still plan to get new stuff, but mostly just trying to finish runs I've already started.

To this effect, has anyone read the Silver Surfer run that JM Dematteis did in the late 90s-early 2000s? And if you have, can you tell me which issues it covers and (for bonus points) which are necessary for the run? I know it goes roughly from 124 to 145 of volume 3, but I'm not sure beyond that and I have a smattering of those issues. Thanks, all.

drew_edwards

I am coming off a few years of reading the Hickman FF titles. Now I am following Captain America and Uncanny Avengers, both have been good fun so far.

I am also a fairly avid Hack/Slash fan.