Quantcast

Dear Conrad:

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

vardon_grip

Consistently smarmy
One thing I really enjoyed about several forums I used to be a member of, automotive and record collecting/tape trading, were the stickied rip-off alert threads.

If you shipped another forum member a cracked header and refused to replace it or accepted a payment but never shipped a tape or record your info was added to the list of offending posters with links to the listings and any complaint threads that arose from your fraud.

Egregious cases or repeat offenders resulted in a permaban with the users' Paypal, ebay and shipping info posted to prevent them from sockpuppeting their way around the ban.

Otherwise the user was free to continue using the forums, temporarily banned from the marketplace subforums and allowed to eventually rebuild their reputation.
I like this idea.

I believe that such action was attempted with the Goddess Patty situation on the paysite board. It looked like the poster that made the report was wrongly made the bad guy. It seemed like a blind eye was turned to the complaint

Shosh

Susannah
I like this idea.

I believe that such action was attempted with the Goddess Patty situation on the paysite board. It looked like the poster that made the report was wrongly made the bad guy. It seemed like a blind eye was turned to the complaint
How do you know a " Blind eye" was turned to that complaint?

How do you know what occurs behind the scenes here in terms of complaints and moderation etc?

Just because such information is not put in the public arena here, it does not mean it is not investigated and considered.

In terms of the Goddess Patty complaint, the business transaction happened between Goddess Patty and the customer/member of her paysite.
Various attempts would have been made to resolve the complaint between those two parties, as it should be.

Just because Conrad hosts the paysite board on this forum he is not responsible for the individual business transactions of such paysites and the problems/complaints that can arise between paysite models and their members/customers.

For goodness sake, do some people want Conrad held responsible for absolutely everything? Do you need him to hold your hand?

This is an adult site that you access of your own free will.

Discussion of incidents namely the incident that occured where the young woman was ripped off by another memeber should be allowed to be discussed here, but the individual behaviour and actions of members are just that, their individual behaviour and actions, and they must held to account for that, not the webmaster of this site.

vardon_grip

Consistently smarmy
How do you know a " Blind eye" was turned to that complaint?

How do you know what occurs behind the scenes here in terms of complaints and moderation etc?

Just because such information is not put in the public arena here, it does not mean it is not investigated and considered.

In terms of the Goddess Patty complaint, the business transaction happened between Goddess Patty and the customer/member of her paysite.
Various attempts would have been made to resolve the complaint between those two parties, as it should be.

Just because Conrad hosts the paysite board on this forum he is not responsible for the individual business transactions of such paysites and the problems/complaints that can arise between paysite models and their members/customers.

For goodness sake, do some people want Conrad held responsible for absolutely everything? Do you need him to hold your hand?

Discussion of incidents namely the incident that occured where the young woman was ripped off by another memeber should be allowed to be discussed here, but the individual behaviour and actions of members are just that, their individual behaviour and actions, and they must held to account for that, not the webmaster of this site.
You are correct in saying that we have no idea what happens behind the scenes. There could a lot of customer service or there could be a lot of lip service. More transparency would be needed to determine which was which.

I say that it seemed that a blind eye was turned because in that particular thread the moderator said that it wasn't a board matter and wouldn't get involved with business matters.
(Similar to this topic.)
The paysite model admitted in several emails that after NINE MONTHS she didn't send the complainants DVD's that were paid for.
(It's called theft. Same as this topic. There is screen cap proof)
The complainant was banned and the paysite model continues to post.
(Possibly inconclusive, but still weird timing)

I look at the top of this webpage and see a banner for Amazon.com. If a Dims members clicked on the link, placed an order and found that their money was taken and nothing was sent; or if a vendor in the Dimensions Marketplace took an order for some costume jewelry, got paid through Paypal and never sent/refused to send the item...I feel Dimensions has a responsibility to protect its members and it should take the Amazon.com banner down or in the case of the vendor; suspend selling privileges and warn everyone that there have been complaints of fraud. More information is better than less.

Yes, Dimensions is not legally responsible for crimes committed by members against members. Whether it is a paysite model, admitted thief or a vendor in the Dimensions marketplace; if evidence is provided that fraud or some other crime has been committed THROUGH THE USE OF/OR RELATED TO THE USE OF THIS SITE, the offenders should be removed or in the case of vendors, not allowed to sell/advertise anything through this site and the members should be warned.

The point of the matter:
Dimension may not be able to stop crimes, but it shouldn't give thieves the venue to commit their crimes.
It's called: protecting your community.

NancyGirl74

I agree for the most part. However, I think what is being asked here is not that Conrad take responsibility for every individual and their actions. I think what people want (and forgive me if I'm incorrect in assuming this) is for the leader of this community to help in protection of its members. Conrad has chosen to be the leader of this site. He took on the task willingly. Perhaps he didn't know all that would come of it or how big and important this community would become but even so he is it's leader and it is a leader's job to lead. Part of that job is allowing the members of their community to protect themselves from those who would knowingly do them harm. Does this mean Conrad has to police every post and poster, get involved in every detail and aspect of every member's personal lives? No. That is impossible and ridiculous. We are grown ups, after all, and accountable for ourselves. However, being a leader does mean that if something affects the entire community he should be open to discussion about what is best for the whole. Someone scabbing unwitting members affects the whole as far as I am concerned. Turning away with an "it is not my responsibility" attitude does a huge disservice to all that has built here.

Shosh

Susannah
You are correct in saying that we have no idea what happens behind the scenes. There could a lot of customer service or there could be a lot of lip service. More transparency would be needed to determine which was which.

I say that it seemed that a blind eye was turned because in that particular thread the moderator said that it wasn't a board matter and wouldn't get involved with business matters.
(Similar to this topic.)
The paysite model admitted in several emails that after NINE MONTHS she didn't send the complainants DVD's that were paid for.
(It's called theft. Same as this topic. There is screen cap proof)
The complainant was banned and the paysite model continues to post.
(Possibly inconclusive, but still weird timing)

I look at the top of this webpage and see a banner for Amazon.com. If a Dims members clicked on the link, placed an order and found that their money was taken and nothing was sent; or if a vendor in the Dimensions Marketplace took an order for some costume jewelry, got paid through Paypal and never sent/refused to send the item...I feel Dimensions has a responsibility to protect its members and it should take the Amazon.com banner down or in the case of the vendor; suspend selling privileges and warn everyone that there have been complaints of fraud. More information is better than less.

Yes, Dimensions is not legally responsible for crimes committed by members against members. Whether it is a paysite model, admitted thief or a vendor in the Dimensions marketplace; if evidence is provided that fraud or some other crime has been committed THROUGH THE USE OF/OR RELATED TO THE USE OF THIS SITE, the offenders should be removed or in the case of vendors, not allowed to sell/advertise anything through this site and the members should be warned.

The point of the matter:
Dimension may not be able to stop crimes, but it shouldn't give thieves the venue to commit their crimes.
It's called: protecting your community.
Once again, we are all adults, and we choose to access this site. We are under no obligation to do so.

People have to be responsible for their own decisions when it comes to accessing the internet and it's content.

People have to be responsible for their own actions and behaviour.
That is the problem within society these days, everything has to be passed off as somebody else's fault or responsibility.

vardon_grip

Consistently smarmy
Once again, we are all adults, and we choose to access this site. We are under no obligation to do so.

People have to be responsible for their own decisions when it comes to accessing the internet and it's content.

People have to be responsible for their own actions and behaviour.
That is the problem within society these days, everything has to be passed off as somebody else's fault or responsibility.
Dimensions is not responsible for/to its members or the safety of its members. Every man for themselves. Let the buyer beware.
Those words don't describe a COMMUNITY.

IF we are not a community...IF that is the case, then let's just be honest and say so. Give people all the information so they can make informed decisions. A bunch of members use that "community" to describe Dimensions. It seems that it is not true, at least by your description. We are not a community that shares responsibility to each other. We do not protect each other.

Are we just a bunch of strangers that just happen to be in the same place because of fat?

Shosh

Susannah
Dimensions is not responsible for/to its members or the safety of its members. Every man for themselves. Let the buyer beware.
Those words don't describe a COMMUNITY.

IF we are not a community...IF that is the case, then let's just be honest and say so. Give people all the information so they can make informed decisions. A bunch of members use that "community" to describe Dimensions. It seems that it is not true, at least by your description. We are not a community that shares responsibility to each other. We do not protect each other.

Are we just a bunch of strangers that just happen to be in the same place because of fat?
This is a web board, and a community of likeminded people , BBW's/SSBBW's and the men that admire them.
That however does not extend to the webmaster or this site being responsible for the behaviour and actions of individuals who choose to use this site.
I am not sure what part of that you are not getting.

People are legally responsible for their own actions.

Caveat emptor!

vardon_grip

Consistently smarmy
tell you what lets kill this thread, old fashion black plague style
I don't think this should be killed. Thread killing was the reason this one was started. Having a better understanding of a place and its people is always a good thing. Eyes open is way better than eyes shut; even if it hurts to keep your eyes open.

Surlysomething

In Remembrance
In Remembrance
That however does not extend to the webmaster or this site being responsible for the behaviour and actions of individuals who choose to use this site.

People are legally responsible for their own actions.

Caveat emptor!
I fully agree with this. Take some accountabilty and move on with your life, people.

Marlayna

tell you what lets kill this thread, old fashion black plague style
Haha, yes everyone has had their say, and we've given this idiot Fez more placetime than he deserves. :(
This wasn't his first scam, but I hope it'll be his last.
It's wrong to steal, don't do it!:mad:

KHayes666

Go away
Haha, yes everyone has had their say, and we've given this idiot Fez more placetime than he deserves. :(
This wasn't his first scam, but I hope it'll be his last.
It's wrong to steal, don't do it!:mad:
It won't be. With guys like that there will always be more victims. 5-10 years from now when his contemporaries have moved on he will most likely seek out a new crowd that's never heard of him...and it begins again.