Do you believe in aliens?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

D_A_Bunny

www.peaceoneday.org
I believe and am also in the camp that the government might know something, but is keeping it under wraps. What I don't believe, however, is that all aliens are interested in are abducting rednecks and doing needless anal probing.
I'm not sure that all the rednecks would agree about it being needless.:eek::D

activistfatgirl

donuts at the finish line
I don't know! Shut up!

That's my normal reaction, honestly. Scares the eff out of me, so I'd rather be an Amerikun with a shotgun yelling obscenities from my front porch on this topic.

In other news THANKS BLACKJACK FOR CRASHING MY BROWSER. Deep space, grumble, grumble.

Suze

Too Vanilla For You
little green men? no
the possibility of life on other planets? yes

MissToodles

dead peasant
is mass hallucination possible? as much as I want to be a cynic, there's just too many stories of sightings. I was told that one theory is that aliens are us evolved from the future, studying ourselves in the past. yes, for reals! Although wouldn't it create all sorts of paradoxes? I'm getting a headache thinking about it.

Ernest Nagel

is old
And in today's news, just fyi:

http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/081027-mm-solar-system-twin.html

I think for me extraterrestrial life has always been SEP*. :happy:

* "An SEP," he said, "is something that we can't see, or don't see, or our brain doesn't let us see, because we think that it's somebody else's problem. That's what SEP means. Somebody Else's Problem. The brain just edits it out, it's like a blind spot." Life, The Universe & Everything by Douglas Adams

Zandoz

Highly irregular
I believe that it is highly unlikely that there are not other forms of life elsewhere in the universe. What form(s) they may be, I really do not try to speculate. When it comes to them having already visited here, maybe, but I'm skeptical of most of the claims of UFOs and contact. I have seen things I can not identify in the sky, but I do not attribute any of them to aliens.

Blackjack

Fupa Troopa
I don't know! Shut up!

That's my normal reaction, honestly. Scares the eff out of me, so I'd rather be an Amerikun with a shotgun yelling obscenities from my front porch on this topic.

In other news THANKS BLACKJACK FOR CRASHING MY BROWSER. Deep space, grumble, grumble.
YOUR WELCOME TIFFANY. It was definitely worth it though, if you saw what I was showing.

* "An SEP," he said, "is something that we can't see, or don't see, or our brain doesn't let us see, because we think that it's somebody else's problem. That's what SEP means. Somebody Else's Problem. The brain just edits it out, it's like a blind spot." Life, The Universe & Everything by Douglas Adams
*Gasp* Someone else who uses S.E.P.! I've added it to my vocabulary and I actually use it quite a bit at work. Nobody knows what the hell I'm talking about. It's great.

moore2me

Lions don't need to spank
I don't know! Shut up!

Dear Activistfatgirl, My neighbors do this very thing most evenings. On the weekends, they put on a special show that also involves firecrackers, loud music and a bonfire. Good times.

(I love it when they set the woods on fire too. Yee haw!!)

Chimpi

into the shining sun
I do believe and am very convinced that there is life not like our own - or even very much like our own. Who's to really know exactly what type of life is out there.

Everyone else has said pretty much all of what I would have said, so just go read this thread again if you want my post. :p

Also, one minor little detail about the universe: it is ever-expanding. Odds are very, very good that there's life out there somewhere else.

Windom Earle

Ghostwood Forest Sage
...although I subscribe to the option that they may also be time-travellers from a far distant future in Earth's history...that one actually makes more sense to me, but I am imagining that our deep future will involve contact with many alien races. As a follower of H.P.Lovecraft, father of the idea of Cosmic Terror (the movie "Alien" is pure Lovecraft), I imagine that they are not all nicey-nice, either...that would explain some of the strange and negative behaviors reported with encounters of the close kind. I also keep a sense of humor about the whole thing and I crack up at L.Ron Hubbard's incredible tales of alien overlord Xenu....as the Anonymous and Anti-Scientology folks are like to say: "Xenu is my homeboy!" :D:D:D I think Ned Sonntag and I have carried the torch for alternative explanations at Dimensions for nigh on ten years now and it is good to find others of an open mind! Huzzah!

View attachment xenu6.jpg

View attachment sace me xenu.jpg

Observer

Editor/Writer/Commentator
If you believe either the bible or traditions of various cultures or the reports of thousands of witnesses, then non-human forms of life exist, probably in many different forms.

To believe otherwise is to be in denial or requires a presently unavailable explanation for the basic consistancy of thousands of independent reports.

Fascinita

Jeez, we're blessed!
If you believe either the bible or traditions of various cultures or the reports of thousands of witnesses, then non-human forms of life exist, probably in many different forms.

To believe otherwise is to be in denial or requires a presently unavailable explanation for the basic consistancy of thousands of independent reports.
I don't believe the bible or traditions of various cultures as anything other than collective dreams of peoples.

Scorsese86

Likeable conservative
Angels... perhaps.

Aliens? Dennis Kucinich, he's seen them right? I don't trust him.
But I also remember Buzz Aldrin saying something about seeing some UFO's... him, I like. But then again, he was a bit of boozer when he was younger... so... I say no. Until I've seen them myself, that is.

alecia23

I believe, there is definitely life on other planets. But have they visited us? I cannot say I believe that to be true. I came across an interesting opinion poll, where 73% of voters believe that there are aliens.