Do you often feel conscious about the weight

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

op user

Having various friends on the largish side and particularly females I often found them to be more careful on how they sit on a chair or waiting to take the next lift rather than getting on the next one.

Do you feel like that avoiding situations where your weight might attract attention?

SSBHM

I've found overeating in public is both a turn on and also at times embarrassing. I guess it depends on reactions I get and the type of people that are looking at me. Therefore, I try to sit somewhere I feel like the people won't be too judgemental. I try to avoid sitting near skinny or thin pretty people. I don't mean to have a bias or anything, but this category of people seem to be much more judgemental toward me.

I'm also careful about where I sit. I worry about breaking something that might not support my weight. That's not maybe a big deal, but I am always conscious of the fact that I need to be careful about it.

Meeting someone for the first time is interesting too. I worry that their reactions will either make me feel bad or worse, make me somehow angry. So, I try to think positively and be as cheerful as possible. It's definitely a very, very conscious effort.

nsandru

Not at all. In fact I go shirtless most of the time, except for places where I have to wear a shirt. I don't care what others say about my protruding belly.

BigElectricKat

Have a question? PM me!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Generally, no. But I do avoid getting into an elevator with only one or two females on it. I just feel uncomfortable about the whole situation.

extra_m13

i must admit that i am mainly aware of the size of my belly. when is begins to look and feel like a really pot belly i do cut it a bit on the food side and try to eat better, of course i advice just the opposite to my lady

SSBHM

I don't think I am clostraphobic but I notice in more confined spaces I bump into things. It's kind of fun or funny too.
Still don't think I am that big. I work out and feel strong and just big, not really big.

Marshmallow Minotaur

Short fat bear
About the only time is in the kitchen/break room at work. There are booths to sit in. They are bolted and don’t move. I’m finding it increasingly difficult to get in and sit comfortably. Other than that I’m only conscious in a positive sense that I’m getting fatter.

Reactions: Tad

Shotha

DM Supporter
As a gainer, I'm always conscious of my weight. I deliberately draw attention to it.

These days at meetings I always try to get a seat at the end of a row. If someone pulls an extra seat to the end of the row I ask, if we can swap places, "so that I don't space-invade on the people sitting either side of me." It draws attention to the fact that I'm both fat and considerate.

Shotha

DM Supporter
I love being aware of my weight. The night before last I put on a spontaneous stand-up comedy show with a lady that I had only just met. My routine was almost entirely made up of fat jokes, e.g.:-

My friend: Hey, Frank, do you realize that people think it's a bit weird that you seem to enjoy being fat.
Me: Well, I'd be in a pretty bad head space, if I enjoyed being slim, wouldn't I?

Reactions: Tad

Latest posts