Do you often feel conscious about the weight

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

SSBHM

Not sure where to post this thought, but I work out at a gym and feel pretty conscious of having perhaps the biggest belly there all the time.

I get stares and hear comments, and more regularly as I have been gaining the past couple of months.

I've responded to certain people directly, "If you think I'm big now, just wait till you see me 6 months!."

Shotha

DM Supporter
I could discuss this topic for ever. As I'm a gainer, I'm always aware of my weight or at least of my bulk. I made a conscious decision to be a fat man and so I enjoy it. I overhear people making comments like: "Jeez, look how fat that guy is!" or "Go and have a word with the big fat guy over there." It makes me happy to hear these comments, because they only tell me that I've achieved developing the sort of physique that I want.

I have quite a number of fat friends, who are not so happy about their bodies. Some of them have given up on themselves. They believe the negative things that people have said to them. They believe that they will never enjoy love, sex, romance, marriage, admiration... So, I feel that it's important for them to see someone who is fat and has a positive attitude about themselves. I make sure that I dress the way that I think looks good and when I find a good deal on a clothing item, i.e. good quality, looks good on a fat guy and good value for money, I share it on Facebook, with photos, where it can be bought, price and size range. I know some of my friends buy these same items. They also know that I get dates and have quite an online following. I don't brag about these things; I'm just open about them. I just hope that it makes some fat people realize that we can enjoy all of the things that everyone else enjoys and that we can feel good about themselves.

When it comes to answering back to fat-shaming remarks or comments, I think that a humorous reply is best, because anger does not give a positive impression. Anger shows that other people have managed to control our feelings. Humor shows that we're in control of our feelings and our lives.

Aqw

When it comes to answering back to fat-shaming remarks or comments, I think that a humorous reply is best, because anger does not give a positive impression. Anger shows that other people have managed to control our feelings. Humor shows that we're in control of our feelings and our lives.
So true, but sometimes so difficult

SSBHM

I could discuss this topic for ever. As I'm a gainer, I'm always aware of my weight or at least of my bulk. I made a conscious decision to be a fat man and so I enjoy it. I overhear people making comments like: "Jeez, look how fat that guy is!" or "Go and have a word with the big fat guy over there." It makes me happy to hear these comments, because they only tell me that I've achieved developing the sort of physique that I want.

I have quite a number of fat friends, who are not so happy about their bodies. Some of them have given up on themselves. They believe the negative things that people have said to them. They believe that they will never enjoy love, sex, romance, marriage, admiration... So, I feel that it's important for them to see someone who is fat and has a positive attitude about themselves. I make sure that I dress the way that I think looks good and when I find a good deal on a clothing item, i.e. good quality, looks good on a fat guy and good value for money, I share it on Facebook, with photos, where it can be bought, price and size range. I know some of my friends buy these same items. They also know that I get dates and have quite an online following. I don't brag about these things; I'm just open about them. I just hope that it makes some fat people realize that we can enjoy all of the things that everyone else enjoys and that we can feel good about themselves.

Very wise and insightful remarks. Thank you!

nsandru

I am a gainer too (most of my new weight is going into my belly) and I am also confident enough to go shirtless in public - or wear cropped shirts that expose my sizable belly. I am getting remarks about my belly and, when I am in the mood for it, I reply with some funny or stinging remarks of my own. I can withstand cold without problems so I am still shirtless at temperatures just above freezing.

Shotha

DM Supporter
So true, but sometimes so difficult
Very wise and insightful remarks. Thank you!
Examples;

Friend's little boy: Why have you got such a big tummy?
Me: Because I give it a lot of exercise.

Friend: Frank, I sometimes thing that you like being fat.
Me: Well, I'd be in a bad head space, if I liked being being slim, wouldn't I?

Trying out the garden chairs in a garden centre to find the most comfortable (i.e. biggest).
Passer-by: Look at that fat cunt. He can't fit in any of the chairs.
Me (loudly to sales assistant): Do you do these in 6XL?

I think that we need a thread for fat positive jokes to give people some inspiration.

loopytheone

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Examples;

Friend's little boy: Why have you got such a big tummy?
Me: Because I give it a lot of exercise.

Friend: Frank, I sometimes thing that you like being fat.
Me: Well, I'd be in a bad head space, if I liked being being slim, wouldn't I?

Trying out the garden chairs in a garden centre to find the most comfortable (i.e. biggest).
Passer-by: Look at that fat cunt. He can't fit in any of the chairs.
Me (loudly to sales assistant): Do you do these in 6XL?

I think that we need a thread for fat positive jokes to give people some inspiration.
Gosh I would love a thread like that! I'm so slow with thinking up witty responses to things, it would be great to have some I can remember and roll out some time.

John Smith

Some women I used to frequent were quite-- how do you tell, "weight conscious" ? What does that even means? I would rather say self-abashing about their appareance.

Barrett

DM Supporter
I go back and forth with it.
Some days (more often than not, if I'm honest), I'm ok with my weight, because deep down, I love my belly and I enjoy being fat (and the eating that made me fat).
Other days, I am extremely self-conscious about my size and I just want to hide.

Shotha

DM Supporter
When people stop and stare at us, I think that there is one question that we need to ask ourselves. Are they staring in shock and horror, or are they staring out of admiration and attraction? I'm certainly aware that I have jumped to the former conclusion before now, which is probably rather judgmental of me. We need to remember that sometimes positive emotions lie behind a stare.

JDavis

DM Supporter
When people stop and stare at us, I think that there is one question that we need to ask ourselves. Are they staring in shock and horror, or are they staring out of admiration and attraction? I'm certainly aware that I have jumped to the former conclusion before now, which is probably rather judgmental of me. We need to remember that sometimes positive emotions lie behind a stare.
Reading this site has made me think just that when people stare at me now. I know it is a mix of both and can usually tell which it is. If a man is with a fat woman, than it is obvious to me which it is. Otherwise I look at their faces to try and guess. Sometimes I think it is just curiosity as well. In the USA we are so lucky at this time to have so many "breeds" of humans all in one place. I know when I see an immigrant from somewhere like Ethiopia, I marvel at how beautifully small, thin and black they are. I am sure they do the same with me; I must seem like a giant, blonde muscle woman to them!

Being older though I do feel conscious of my belly as a sign of aging, and in women aging is generally negative. I have struggled both in dating and job hunts since turning 50. Our society seems to be done with women who have started or past menopause which is a shame since we still have years ahead of us to give something to society.

Shotha

DM Supporter
Being older though I do feel conscious of my belly as a sign of aging, and in women aging is generally negative.
I believe in positive aging, as do a lot of my female friends. We accept our grey or white hair as a badge of honour. Just as we need to change attitudes about fat people from negative to positive, we need to also change attitudes to our senior citizens in the same direction.

Latest posts

Group builder