Do you often feel conscious about the weight

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

jakemcduck

Sometimes I do like when I'm visiting home where I grew up. I'm literally twice the size I was back then. I'm now heavier than the guys who were the 'fat guys' of the group. Sometimes people are staring hard like they think they know me (which they do, they just don't recognize me). Some people can't keep looking me in the eye when we talk, they keep looking down at my belly. Some people are just like, oh my gosh you put on so much weight!

Corey

Corey
I am considered skinny, so I won’t ever pretend to know what people on this thread go through daily. But let me tell you, when I side-glance at a ssbbw/bbw or ssbhm/bhm, it’s because I am drawn and attracted to you in a way that I can’t explain. It’s not even sexual. I think y'all are beautiful, truly. I can appreciate a muscular body, because as an athlete myself, I KNOW the dedication it took to get there. But someone with a soft rounded body, now that’s the good stuff. Add in a pair of fat, rosy cheeks and some extra chins. 👌🏼 Now we’re talking. That’s the true mouth watering stuff for this girl.

Someone mentioned above that they would avoid sitting at a table with an attractive skinny woman and choose to sit somewhere else. At first that hurt my feelings, because as a skinny woman who is considered attractive, I have much more depth and kindness to me than I’m often given credit for. I care way more about your mind, your life and if you love animals. Sometimes I feel like our worlds collide. I’ve spent my entire life hearing people crack jokes about my hair color and lack of intelligence and depth. I’ve been made fun of, judged and shamed by plenty of “nerds” who would not even consider giving me the time of day because I looked like one of “those girls”. Well, I’m not.

But you know what? That’s okay, because I know the world has given y’all shit for way too long. The world is full of people who are so caught up on appearances that they forget the person they’re judging has a whole damn brain behind the skull that makes them a person. Y'all deserve to live your life in peace and to eat without the lingering fear of being watched by people who are so out of touch with reality that they think their opinions should matter. (Except for you, Slotha, You keep bringing attention to that big belly of yours. 😁)

It breaks my heart and makes me mad that others have been cruel, and that that cruelty has caused self-doubt at one point or another in your lives. Shame on them for doing that. You are worthy and deserve a place at the table just as much as the next person. I will say though, if I walked in a room and saw a nice plush body with a kind face sitting at a table, I’d choose to sit down next to them, 100%. Even without a kind face, I’d probably sit down next to them (just can’t help myself). I struggle here sometimes feeling like I fit in. Not due to my intelligence being in question this time, but because I’ve seen comments here and there about thoughts on skinny people, and some have been so mean that they’ve really hurt and discouraged me. But those comments are very rare, I think. There's so much good on here that it far outweighs (😏) the bad.

I didn’t mean to get so wordy. I’ve wanted to share this for a while but I didn’t know where or how. I just want y’all to know that you’re great and that I hope one day, all bodies will be considered worthy of praising.

happily_married

Happy to be part of Dims!
@Corey thst was an incredible post. I almost didn’t stick around when I first joined because there were a few members who were hostile to me because I was a fit, athletic male. Then I realized I was weighting their opinions and comments higher than those of all the wonderful people I’d met here and decided not to let a few ruin it for me.

Also, like you if I give a sideway glance at an attractive woman and she notices I hope she understands I’m looking because I find her attractive, not because I’m judging. In the event I’m noticed noticing her I always smile as pleasantly as I can and hope she reads the expression correctly.

I also deliberately choose to be around bigger people in social settings if I’m able to do so. It doesn’t always work that way But where the opportunity is there I take it.

I could say a lot more on this but I’ve let the time escape me and I need to get my ass to work! I appreciate you being here though because I feel like you are are are the M-F versions of each other to some extent. I hope you are able to filter out the hurtful comments you experience and enjoy being around here. This place is awesome and has some awesome people!

Shotha

DM Supporter
I am considered skinny, so I won’t ever pretend to know what people on this thread go through daily. But let me tell you, when I side-glance at a ssbbw/bbw or ssbhm/bhm, it’s because I am drawn and attracted to you in a way that I can’t explain. It’s not even sexual. I think y'all are beautiful, truly. I can appreciate a muscular body, because as an athlete myself, I KNOW the dedication it took to get there. But someone with a soft rounded body, now that’s the good stuff. Add in a pair of fat, rosy cheeks and some extra chins. 👌🏼 Now we’re talking. That’s the true mouth watering stuff for this girl.

Someone mentioned above that they would avoid sitting at a table with an attractive skinny woman and choose to sit somewhere else. At first that hurt my feelings, because as a skinny woman who is considered attractive, I have much more depth and kindness to me than I’m often given credit for. I care way more about your mind, your life and if you love animals. Sometimes I feel like our worlds collide. I’ve spent my entire life hearing people crack jokes about my hair color and lack of intelligence and depth. I’ve been made fun of, judged and shamed by plenty of “nerds” who would not even consider giving me the time of day because I looked like one of “those girls”. Well, I’m not.

But you know what? That’s okay, because I know the world has given y’all shit for way too long. The world is full of people who are so caught up on appearances that they forget the person they’re judging has a whole damn brain behind the skull that makes them a person. Y'all deserve to live your life in peace and to eat without the lingering fear of being watched by people who are so out of touch with reality that they think their opinions should matter. (Except for you, Slotha, You keep bringing attention to that big belly of yours. 😁)

It breaks my heart and makes me mad that others have been cruel, and that that cruelty has caused self-doubt at one point or another in your lives. Shame on them for doing that. You are worthy and deserve a place at the table just as much as the next person. I will say though, if I walked in a room and saw a nice plush body with a kind face sitting at a table, I’d choose to sit down next to them, 100%. Even without a kind face, I’d probably sit down next to them (just can’t help myself). I struggle here sometimes feeling like I fit in. Not due to my intelligence being in question this time, but because I’ve seen comments here and there about thoughts on skinny people, and some have been so mean that they’ve really hurt and discouraged me. But those comments are very rare, I think. There's so much good on here that it far outweighs (😏) the bad.

I didn’t mean to get so wordy. I’ve wanted to share this for a while but I didn’t know where or how. I just want y’all to know that you’re great and that I hope one day, all bodies will be considered worthy of praising.
Quite apart from my finding our diversity to be something of great beauty, I'm quite happy to sit or stand close to thin people, because the contrast highlights my fatness. One also has to remember that if every one was fat, then there would be no fat people because the contrast would be lost. Mother Nature has a place for all of us. And that's why she's the goddess that I worship.

Latest posts

Group builder