Everyday Food Pics - Part II - keep snapping!! :D

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

HottiMegan

I'm a fat geek!
In Remembrance
ooh my mouth is watering looking at those! Too bad i have given up cookies and such in search of healtier eating.

DitzyBrunette

Well, filibuster.
Fresh from the oven.

It looks so good, the crispy brown edges are killing me here.. I can see the coconut, and mixed with chocolate, GOD, my weakness. If there was peanut butter in there I'd be trying to jump through my computer. I am SO making that this weekend. Perfect for an Easter treat! My son hates coconut, but everything else sounds perfect so I can make a tray for him and everyone else, sans coconut, and one for me which no one else will touch *evil grin* :D

smithnwesson

Drug dealer
Finally remembered to take pics while making dinner tonight. These are my Stuffed Shells. I took several different stages of pics. My kids absolutely :wubu: these.
Holy Crap, Mz! Would you consider adopting me? I'm a little old and rough around the edges, but I'd be a very, very good boy. I wanna be one of your kids. :bow:

MzDeeZyre

Fatty McFatCakes
Holy Crap, Mz! Would you consider adopting me? I'm a little old and rough around the edges, but I'd be a very, very good boy. I wanna be one of your kids. :bow:
Sure!! I could always use someone to eat the extras. No one in my house ever wants to eat left-overs. :eat1:

Jigen

Finally remembered to take pics while making dinner tonight. These are my Stuffed Shells. I took several different stages of pics. My kids absolutely :wubu: these.
They look excellent. Better than the ones I did. The difference is that I prefer to dust some parmesan, so that they will have a crispy layer on them, which I appreciate a lot. As a final touch, I dusted a little Cayenna chili peppers on them.

View attachment DSCN6906a.jpg

Ruby Ripples

Dis Member
oooh these pasta shells look so nice! I've never seen those big shells in the shops here, I'd maybe need to go to a delicatessen.

Thanks to the two of you for sharing the pics.

Jigen

oooh these pasta shells look so nice! I've never seen those big shells in the shops here, I'd maybe need to go to a delicatessen.

Thanks to the two of you for sharing the pics.
You're welcome.
They are a rather peculiar kind of pasta, and are pretty hard to find even here. I usually find them at my local mall, when there are special pasta offers. They are manifactured by small local firms, this is why they are hard to find.

Ruby Ripples

Dis Member
Bread Pie. ^_^
ooh that looks like bread and butter pudding, is it similar? b&b pudding is slices of buttered bread layered in an oven dish with raisins/sultanas on it, then milky custard mixture poured over, then baked. yummmm

Jigen

ooh that looks like bread and butter pudding, is it similar? b&b pudding is slices of buttered bread layered in an oven dish with raisins/sultanas on it, then milky custard mixture poured over, then baked. yummmm
No. No butter. The simplest recipe is just bread left in the milk for 24 hours. In this case, i have added raisins and other things to make it more tasty. :D

D_A_Bunny

www.peaceoneday.org
so....tell me more! What are Hello Dolly Bars??
I use basically the same recipe, but also include butterscotch chips.

You make a graham cracker and melted butter crust and press it into a 13x 9 pan. (one whole sleeve crushed crackers and 1 cup melted butter, mix and pat into the bottom of the pan). Then you pour on 1 cup of chopped nuts (I prefer pecans), 1 cup of milk or semi sweet chocolate chips, 1 cup of butterscotch chips and 1 cup of sweetened coconut. Then you pour a can of sweetened condensed milk on top to cover. Do NOT stir. Bake @ 325 for 25 minutes until slightly browned around the edges. Remove and cool to cut. They are super rich and delicious.

Latest posts