Game of Thrones

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

olwen

Disco Bear
Dinklage totally deserves the emmy for best supporting actor and the show deserves the best casting category too. How exciting.

Miss Vickie

I agree. Dinklage is doing a great job. Reading the books now, after watching the first season, I can't imagine Tyrion being anyone else!

I can't wait for my stats class to be over so I have more time to read!

frankman

The Eternal Cowboy
He's a shoe-in for it, no question. He outshines a great cast with ease. Though I have to say, I have a soft spot for Bronn (Jerome Flynn).
Is he that burn-scarred dude? I think he's pretty cool too.

JoyJoy

Is he that burn-scarred dude? I think he's pretty cool too.
No, Bronn is Tyrion's companion..the one who fought for him at the Eyrie (the castle on top of the mountain). The one with the scars is Sandor Clegane, "The Hound", Joffrey's bodyguard.

ConnieLynn

has left the building.
I'm reading book three. I'm one of those people who will read a book in a day because I have a hard time stopping once I get into it. Anyway, I kept reading and reading, then thought to look to see how many pages -- 1100+. Guess I'll have to practice some patience!

penguin

Fnord
I'm still reading Game of Thrones, and was thwarted by being unable to find my book. Turns out it was under my bed, so now I'm back into it again. I have no idea how it got under there, but I'll blame the child.

And because it's on topic and funny:

moore2me

Lions don't need to spank

moore2me

You'll love this. I downloaded it and put it on my ipod as soon as i listened to it. I thought it was amazing.. . . (snipped)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GC-ZmlwBWKM
Deacone, I really, really liked the "Thrones" themes you provided the links to. The pictures that go with them are pretty neat too. Thank you for providing this info to us.

Just a side note to help relate the world of young girls to older (way older) women of my age - The link between our ears and auditory system and our female reproductive system below the waist becomes broken in later life. I am about six months from sixty years old and that neural/sexual pathway has been broke since . . . .

Jane Fonda starred in Barbarella, which by the way Hollyweird is remaking. :huh: :huh: :huh:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

snipped . . . . once again, I apologize for quoting myself but . . . .

[ this website that has additional info for rapid fans (like myself) - I really meant that to read rabid fans(like myself)
:doh:

olwen

Disco Bear
I'm in the middle of book five and I'm finding it to be kinda....I don't have a proper word. It's not boring but I'm not so excited that I can't put it down. All the books are starting to run together for me. And somehow there's even more intrigue than the last four books and I'm having a tough time keeping track of all the subterfuge and all the minor families, for which there are no genealogies. And there's too many fracking Freys! I'm starting to feel like I need a Cliff notes version. LOL Gods be good, I think I might be in the beginnings of Song of Fire and Ice overload.

ConnieLynn

has left the building.
I'm in the middle of book five and I'm finding it to be kinda....I don't have a proper word. It's not boring but I'm not so excited that I can't put it down. All the books are starting to run together for me. And somehow there's even more intrigue than the last four books and I'm having a tough time keeping track of all the subterfuge and all the minor families, for which there are no genealogies. And there's too many fracking Freys! I'm starting to feel like I need a Cliff notes version. LOL Gods be good, I think I might be in the beginnings of Song of Fire and Ice overload.
Damn, I was hoping they'd kill off all the Freys, and I'm only in book three! By the time I'm ready for book 5, it will be available in paperback.

moore2me

http://www.hbo.com/game-of-thrones/index.html

At the above location, HBO has posted a new trailer dealing with what's coming up in Season Two (a little over a month away).

My favorite part is when the Targaryen Queen says "When my dragons grow up, they will lay waste to armies and burn cities to the ground!".

http://winteriscoming.net/2012/02/the-daily-raven-episode-1/
The HBO website has also linked to a blog called "The Daily Raven" that discusses what is going on in production, casting, etc, in creating the show.

MRdobolina

tasty kakes
I just started the 3rd book and let me just say I love this series.I haven't enjoyed reading anything this much since "Wheel of Time"...*the first 4 books anyway* and the "Sword of Truth"*the first four books anyway*. I pray that this doesn't go down hill after book 4.

More than any other fantasy book I've ever read. This author does a fabulous job of making you understand the motivation of each character and you fully understand why they feel justified in their actions.
there seems to be a 4 book limit to fantasy books .. read Dance with Dragons .. and i was "mehhh"

HDANGEL15

GREATFUL
I Spent the day watching the last 1/2 of the season~!

SO PSYCHED to see what happens NEXT!!!!!

can anyone say TRUE BLOOD coming up NEXT!!!!

moore2me

I was a little disappointed in last night's episode "The North Remembers". (I will try to write this without spoilers.)

I think the problem was two fold - poor editing and too much content/too little depth. I have watched all of Season I several times and know this production can do better than this. I think that they tried to cram too many new characters/ lands/conflicts in one hour and the net effect was confusing.

Also, my opinion is that a good editing job could have gotten rid of some of the above problem. Some of the best characters had little of no face time on screen whereas a ghost wolf, a scene from a strange Gaelic type ceremony on a beach, and a nasty, boring old man's homelife had way too much screen time with several actors sitting around glaring at each other for what it seemed to be hours. (Heck, my family does this during our holiday dinners - big deal.)

The GoT production team needs to get their game on. So far, the magazine ads have been the best of this season's products!

P.S. I also seem to remember that we were guaranteed one beheading an episode. I protest that we were ripped off in this episode. If this show doesn't come up to their standards from Season One, I am going to start watching "Dance Moms" - it's much scarier.

ConnieLynn

has left the building.
I remember the second book starting a bit slow. Actually I remember thinking "I'm bored with this war stuff, pick up the pace".

Last night was sort of dreary for the season starter, but I think it actually moved through stuff a bit quicker than the book, so I expect to see some action next week.

Of course I also expect to see hot naked men, so I may be disappointed.

I was a little disappointed in last night's episode "The North Remembers". (I will try to write this without spoilers.)

I think the problem was two fold - poor editing and too much content/too little depth. I have watched all of Season I several times and know this production can do better than this. I think that they tried to cram too many new characters/ lands/conflicts in one hour and the net effect was confusing.

Also, my opinion is that a good editing job could have gotten rid of some of the above problem. Some of the best characters had little of no face time on screen whereas a ghost wolf, a scene from a strange Gaelic type ceremony on a beach, and a nasty, boring old man's homelife had way too much screen time with several actors sitting around glaring at each other for what it seemed to be hours. (Heck, my family does this during our holiday dinners - big deal.)

The GoT production team needs to get their game on. So far, the magazine ads have been the best of this season's products!

P.S. I also seem to remember that we were guaranteed one beheading an episode. I protest that we were ripped off in this episode. If this show doesn't come up to their standards from Season One, I am going to start watching "Dance Moms" - it's much scarier.

fatgirlflyin

needs a vacation
Have you read the books? Because all that stuff that you think could have been "done without" plays a part in the overall story.

Latest posts