• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Getting Clever on a Tight Budget

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eightyseven

Ridiculous.
I know everyone has their own recipe like these, so let's see them! Anything that is cheap, tasty, healthy (or not?)... whatever not-so-gourmet but darn good concoctions you've thrown together with not so many resources (say you're a college kiddo like me) or options. Here's two I happen to come up with for the last two dinners I've had:

So I wanted to make macaroni and cheese. It's my favorite food, and lucky for me it's cheap. However, it's not the best thing for you so I thought to myself... how could I make this somewhat (emphasis on the somewhat) nutritional? Ah. Veggies. I got out one of those "Steamfresh" bags of broccoli, and into the macaroni it went. Then I was like... some meat/protein would be nice but I don't have any chicken or anything around since it's not in the budget. So I went to the fridge... ah! I have some deli meat. I took four or so thin slices of turkey and put a LITTLE bit of vegetable oil in a pan and sort of... okay, I fried it. So much for health. But I put all of that in the macaroni and I had somewhat of a meal going on. You should try it.

The night before, I was really craving Chicken Parmigana. Okay, so I can't make that either... or can I! All I've got to say is THANK YOU TYSON CHICKEN COMPANY. I had some frozen chicken patties that I pulled out and baked (they're good and so cheap... you get 10 for like $2.50 or something unreal like that) them, put some store-brand slices of cheese on them, and poured some store-brand tomato sauce over top... all over a bed of pasta (not the best for you, but cheap). It worked. The macaroni was better, but this hit the spot too.

I can't wait to see what everyone else comes up with! I'll have to try them this semester :)

Latest posts

Back