• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Good For You, But...

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, I read this article and am happy for this guy. Truly. He was obviously unhappy and uncomfortable prior to his weight loss. If his quality of life was diminished before and now is better, wonderful and good for him.

However, my problem with this article, is that I feel it adds fuel to the fire of those who love to say things like "fat people smell", "fat people don't have sex", "all fat people do is consume large quantities of fast food", etc.

I feel he could have expressed his happiness at being healthy and feeling better without his list, especially in such a public way (not to mention the fact that he made sure to call himself *morbidly obese*). It just feels like people will read it and go "See! Even fat people admit they are all these negative things and hate fat".

Sometimes it seems "ex fatties" can be the most negative towards fat and those who are fat because they hated it about themselves and their experiences when they were/are fat.

Am I just being too sensitive? :blink:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/tony-posnanski/nine-things-i-hated-about_b_5945006.html

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back