Home Remedies

Discussion in 'Health Forum' started by SamanthaNY, May 25, 2007.

1. Jul 18, 2010 #81

truebebeblue

truebebeblue

truebebeblue

Balls,I kicks em.

Just remembered a few...

Wood splinters... cut a tony square of raw bacon... small enough to fit on a bandaid (the pad area) cover the splinter with bacon and cover bacon with bandaid... in the morning the splinter with usually be out chilling on the bacon... may take two days though,so you may have to switch bandaids and bacon occasionally... much better than trying to dig a splinter out of a screaming kids foot or hand!

Another,
    Bee stings
    Take the tobacco out of a cigarette make a paste with a little water (or spit if you dont mind lol)
    apply to site of sting and bandage.. with draw the stinger and pain out.

crushing flaxseed works the same...

Have more will be back as I recall!

2. Jul 18, 2010 #82

fatgirlflyin

fatgirlflyin

fatgirlflyin

needs a vacation

The tobacco thing works! When I was about 11 years old I sat on a wasp and the damn thing kept stinging me over and over again. I had probably 8 or 9 stings by time my parents figured out what had me screaming. My dad did the tobacco remedy and I thought it was disgusting at the time but it really worked.

3. Jul 18, 2010 #83

truebebeblue

truebebeblue

truebebeblue

Balls,I kicks em.

Same thing kinda happened to me... flew up my long skirt and got me.
    I keep remembering stuff my mom did when I was a kid...Oh!

This one is a little odd and I have never done it myself but my mom suggested to my cousin when her kid had a heavy nosebleed...
    I dont even know if people keep heavy metal scissors in their houses anymore this was probably 15 years ago!

You lean forward NOT BACK holding whatever you are using to catch the blood to the nose and have someone place a pair of heavy metal scissors on your upper back right below the nape of your neck.... on fat chicks this is gonna be the Dowagers Hump area... heheh.... they said it worked...
    Maybe has something to do with the metal??I know alot of metals are said to have healing properties. Or maybe it is a diversion of attention for the kid? the have to stay still and concentrate on not letting the scissors fall off? I dunno but its worth a try I guess.

One more..
    When cutting dogs nails... cigarette ash can be used as styptic...If you cut it a bit too short pack it with cigarette ashes...Another trick from my mom... seen her do it with her dog before..

4. Jul 19, 2010 #84

Green Eyed Fairy

Green Eyed Fairy

Green Eyed Fairy

Moving Forward

Mud or baking soda paste also work.

5. Jul 10, 2011 #85

crayola box

crayola box

crayola box

As a preventative measure Rosemary oil is fantastic, lice hate rosemary apparently . Weleda brand is available at whole paycheck and lasts forever. When I was a camp counselor I would dab a teeny bit on my scalp behind my years and at the nape of my neck every morning.

6. Sep 20, 2017 #86

ashishverma011

ashishverma011

ashishverma011

Applying Aloe Vera or cucumber also works really well to alleviate the sunburn.

7. Sep 22, 2017 #87

ashishverma011

ashishverma011

ashishverma011

Applying a dry soap or toothpaste also works well.

8. Sep 25, 2017 #88

ashishverma011

ashishverma011

ashishverma011

Thank you for sharing this, I have been struggling with my eyeliner as well. I will try this

9. Nov 10, 2017 #89

swamptoad

swamptoad

swamptoad

How to Use Horseradish for Bronchitis – Remedy Recipes

Horseradish can be used as a home remedy to help relieve bronchitis, sinus congestion, asthma, cold, flu and cough. It can also be used to relieve headaches, sciatica, gout, rheumatic and arthritic pains and swellings, and urinary tract infections.

Horseradish (Horse radish, Armoracia rusticana) is a perennial plant of the Brassicaceae family. Horseradish has been used in Europe as a cooking spice and medicine for centuries. Horseradish sauce made from horseradish root, vinegar and cream is used in roast beef, sandwiches, salads, soups, meat, chicken, and fish. Horseradish contains potassium, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, and volatile oils, including mustard oil. Horseradish has the intense pungency and aroma. It is warming, pungent, antibiotic, antibacterial, expectorant, and diuretic. Studies have found that some compounds in horseradish kill some bacterial strains. Horseradish stimulates the body’s immune system, warms body, reduces mucus and excess fluids. Thus it can help treat bronchitis, sinus congestion, cold, urinary tract infections and joint pains.

How to use horseradish – home remedy recipes
    To help treat cold, flu, bronchitis, asthma, sinus congestion, sciatica, gout, joint pains and swellings. You can make horseradish tea, syrup, tincture and plaster. Here are the home remedy recipes:
    1. Horseradish tea
    – Fresh horseradish (grated) 1 teaspoon
    – Honey 1 teaspoon
    – Boiling water 1/2 cup
    – Mix horseradish and honey in the water
    – Consume it, 2-3 times a day
    – This remedy is used for treating bronchitis, asthma, sinus congestion and cold
    2. Horseradish syrup
    – Fresh horseradish (grated) 4 table spoons
    – Honey 1 cup
    – Water 1 cup
    – Put water in a pot and bring to a boil, then turn off the heat
    – Add horseradish to the boiling water, cover it
    – Let stand on the stove for 2 hours
    – Strain
    – Heat the liquid to warm
    – Add honey to it, stir and mix well
    – Store in a jar
    – Consume 1 teaspoon, 2-3 times a day
    – This syrup is effective for treating bronchitis, asthma, sinus congestion and cold
    3. Horseradish tincture
    – Fresh horseradish (grated) 4 table spoons
    – Alcohol 55-85% 500ml
    – Soak horseradish in alcohol for 2 weeks
    – Strain and store in a bottle
    – Rub a few drops on the forehead to relieve headache
    – Rub it on the affected area to relieve sciatica, gout, joint pains and swellings
    4. Horseradish plaster
    – Fresh horseradish (grated) 1 table spoon
    – Flour 1 table spoon
    – Mix horseradish, flour and some water to make a plaster
    – Apply it to the forehead to relieve headache
    – Apply it to the affected area to relieve rheumatic and arthritic pains and swellings
    – Place it on the chest to relieve cold, bronchitis, asthma and sinus congestion
    – Be sure to rub the area with oil or put the plaster on a cloth before applying
    – Please note, if a burning sensation appears, you should stop the treatment or adjust the ratio of horseradish and flour by adding flour or reducing horseradish
    – Use the plaster on the area for 30-60 minutes
    Please note, if you suffer from gastric ulcer, goitrous problems or renal illnesses, it is not recommended to consume horseradish. Before using horseradish, you should consult your doctor.

10. Nov 9, 2018 #90

Orchid

Orchid

Orchid

I put eucalyptus essential oil and water in an oil burner heated with tealight to aide for healthy indoor air now in the cold months of fall/autumn and winter.A little drop on wrists helps to stop any starting colds.

11. Jan 5, 2019 #91

Orchid

Orchid

Orchid

All my homemade ointments pots are empty... So applied some commercial Vicks Vaporub on achy shoulder. And yes it helps.Applied a thin layer of it on skin and covered it with two scarves to keep it warm. Was doing some crafts painting this morning when the daylight was still good when I noticed it.

12. Apr 11, 2019 #92

Orchid

Orchid

Orchid

Wintergreen essential oil helps but you need the true gaulteria procumbens e.o. not the factory made oil. Also use only sparingly on small areas. It helps with aches, pains. Do not overuse and do not use on large areas skin. I use it few days on joints and stop use. Wait few days and do few more.
    As it can be toxic in overuse. Only for adults to use and buy it from a pharmacy of a good safe brand.

13. May 13, 2019 #93

RockyAO

RockyAO

RockyAO

Here is my list of home remedies which can solve some hair problems:
    1. Lemon juice. It's good for hair growth, you just have to apply it to your hair and scalp before shampooing
    2. Coconut oil. Awesome stuff for hair moisturizing. A great decision for people with dry locks
    3. Egg mask. A good remedy for avoiding hair breakage
    4. Olive oil. Good to avoid hair breakage too. Also a great nourishing for your locks
    But you should know your hair type to decide which natural product is better for your hair. Here you will find an answer for what type of hair do I have. Some natural care tips are there too.