How come I don't see these cars at my Walmart?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Blackjack

Fupa Troopa
Alright, let's insult all those women who aren't fat by telling them that they're not good enough! Wooooo!

Blackjack

Fupa Troopa
Nothing like having the shoe on the other foot!
But it's not on the other foot. It's valuing one body type over another based solely on how attractive you find that particular body type. This is not at all different from anything that ridicules a man for being attracted to fat women, except for which group of men it's intended to insult.

The women being described here, no matter what their weight is, are being reduced to a sexual object whose sole purpose is to be admired by men (or, insultingly, beasts). Which means that this really isn't any different because it's intended to ridicule men at the further expense of women.

Jack Secret

tickle my amygdala
http://www.facebook.com/kenneth.c.phillips,
But it's not on the other foot. It's valuing one body type over another based solely on how attractive you find that particular body type. This is not at all different from anything that ridicules a man for being attracted to fat women, except for which group of men it's intended to insult.

The women being described here, no matter what their weight is, are being reduced to a sexual object whose sole purpose is to be admired by men (or, insultingly, beasts). Which means that this really isn't any different because it's intended to ridicule men at the further expense of women.
Of course it's valuing one body type over another! Dude, I have to take yourself too seriously :)

penguin

Fnord
DimensionsModel
Of course it's valuing one body type over another! Dude, I have to take yourself too seriously :)
You can enjoy your preferences without putting down those you don't like. Not into skinny chicks? No problem. Calling them skinny bitches? There's a problem.

This IS a serious issue.

Jack Secret

tickle my amygdala
http://www.facebook.com/kenneth.c.phillips,
You can enjoy your preferences without putting down those you don't like. Not into skinny chicks? No problem. Calling them skinny bitches? There's a problem.

This IS a serious issue.
Is the comedy of seeing something like that written on the side of a Van lost to everybody but me? Don't get me wrong though… The guy has to be a creep. To be sure, he multiplied his chances of impressing a potential larger partner by zero.

penguin

Fnord
DimensionsModel
Is the comedy of seeing something like that written on the side of a Van lost to everybody but me? Don't get me wrong though… The guy has to be a creep. To be sure, he multiplied his chances of impressing a potential larger partner by zero.
I don't see comedy, I see body shaming. He can be out and proud a out living fat bodies - that's great! But the shaming aspects aren't acceptable. If the words were about how unattractive fat bodies are, would you still find it funny?

LoveBHMS

default title
It is body shaming and it's sexist.

The concept of the "shoe being on the other foot" is as acceptable as using a racial slur against a white person or practicing sex discrimination against a male employee of a business.

gangstadawg

the wanderer
It is body shaming and it's sexist.

The concept of the "shoe being on the other foot" is as acceptable as using a racial slur against a white person or practicing sex discrimination against a male employee of a business.
two wrong don't make a right basically.

Piink

That guy has to be a total creeper! I've got plenty of reasons to avoid Wal-Mart and he would be another!

Plus, a mini-van isn't going to get my motor running. I'm a muscle car type of girl! ;)

Donna

wait...what?
Just that it's not comedy. It's sad and degrading. How would you like to be defined just by your wheelchair? Putting aside the insult to other body types, no woman (okay, none that I know anyway) wants to be defined by her body type be it "bones" or "meat." We are not peices of meat. Sorry, but this is just the creepy FA version of the "No Fat Chicks" bumper sticker I see often at our local Walmart.

PlumBlossom

At least it's not another "no fat chicks" bumper sticker. If skinny people find that offensive well they'll just have to deal with it just as much as fat chicks have to deal with other offensive stuff.

Anyway, I can bet some dollars that the guy who put up all those stickers on his car isn't really a FA. The comment about a man liking curves, I bet he's the type of guy that THINKS he likes fat girls but not really, he probably only likes curvy average sized girls but when he sees a 300lb he looks at her with disgust. It's easy for a guy to say he likes curvy women (as in ass and boobs) and not really mean a FAT woman. I'm fat and I'm not curvy, I'm just round. Where's the guy that says he likes the round fat bubbly women?

penguin

Fnord
DimensionsModel
At least it's not another "no fat chicks" bumper sticker. If skinny people find that offensive well they'll just have to deal with it just as much as fat chicks have to deal with other offensive stuff.
This attitude isn't okay. Body shaming of any sort is NOT okay. It's not okay to say "well, they did it to us first", because all you're doing is perpetuating the cycle of hate and shame.

Zoom

Rogue
Who came up with "Bones are for the dog..." anyway? The artist LordSkot has that on his deviantART page. Is this something that goes back decades in the FA movement?

I don't think it's his car though; he seems more the heavy metal type.

Marlayna

It's obvious it's supposed to be humorous, and not offensive. I agree with you.
I doubt that any skinny women are gonna go home crying over it. :rolleyes:

Marlayna

Anyway, I can bet some dollars that the guy who put up all those stickers on his car isn't really a FA. The comment about a man liking curves, I bet he's the type of guy that THINKS he likes fat girls but not really, he probably only likes curvy average sized girls but when he sees a 300lb he looks at her with disgust. It's easy for a guy to say he likes curvy women (as in ass and boobs) and not really mean a FAT woman. I'm fat and I'm not curvy, I'm just round. Where's the guy that says he likes the round fat bubbly women?
I don't agree, I think he loves very big women, and he's proud of it.

penguin

Fnord
DimensionsModel
It's obvious it's supposed to be humorous, and not offensive. I agree with you.
I doubt that any skinny women are gonna go home crying over it. :rolleyes:
It IS offensive and there are MANY women with body and self esteem issues who would take it to heart.

Why is it so hard to believe that thin women can have body issues too? Why is BODY SHAMING AT ALL IS BAD such a hard fucking concept to get?

It is NOT okay to say "well, they did it first!" or to assume that because they're not fat they won't find it offensive or hurtful. The whole "real women have curves" line is utter bullshit and if you spout that belief then you are part of the problem, even if you are fat or love fat women.

Saying "I prefer fat women" is VASTLY different than saying "bones are for dogs." One is a preference, one is proof you're an asshole.

Latest posts