How do you feel about marijuana?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

FredtheFA

I believe it should be legal for responsible adult use. It would free up a lot of judicial time for petty possession. As far a the consumer part I hate dealing with most sellers i would like to just grow my own supply and not worry about a middleman. That and i know for a fact I have full control of the grow process.

Zandoz

Highly irregular
Never used it...first hand...LOL.

As far as I know, no society in the history of man has ever successfully controlled "controlled substances". The so called "war on drugs" is a shining example of Einstein's definition of insanity. Regulate it for safety/purity and to penalize excesses and endangering others, similar to alcohol.

PunkyGurly74

History wonkette
"In 2007 there were over 850,000 marijuana arrests (PDF). The United States has only 5% of the worlds population but imprisons 25% of its prisoners. The federal government spent over $15 billion on the drug war in 2010, or a rate of $500 a second. Our country is 66% non-Hispanic white people but 70% of our prisoners are non-white. The justice system is overwhelmingly unfriendly to the poor. And on and on." (http://lhote.blogspot.com/2011/03/marijuana-legalization-is-human-rights.html)

The prison systems are a for-profit business and are largely behind the continuation of imprisonment of victimless crimes.

The "War on Drugs" has cost us Billions and billions of dollars and is now costing lives. There are countries who finally decriminalized drug. Instead they decided to treat the true addicts (i.e. heroin and crack and meth) and make sure they have access to clean needles as to stop the spread of HIV and AIDS. Portugal is one such country. Since changing their drug policies they have seen a drop in drug use. I am so disappointed with Obama and his appointment as the "drug Czar" there was a much better choice...the guy from Seattle who has implemented free needles and decriminalization of pot...and they have seen a decrease in drug usage, and a decrease in the spread of HIV and AIDS in that community.

The most harmful drug however is perfectly legal - alcohol. http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/11/01/alcohol.harm/index.html

There is no rational reason someone should serve time in prison, and give up their entire future for a dime bag. It makes no sense. We have let our puritan values get blown out of proportion. And our views on pot in particular, how we refuse to decriminalize it or make it legal makes us look backwards in comparison to other westernized countries.

The Fez

Welp.
I left my tin in my bag, brought it to work, and on opening the bag, discovered the lid had come off and the weed is everywhere.

I mean seriously my work desks stinks of bud now. Urf.

jnp782

Or at least here in Manhattan :)

I left my tin in my bag, brought it to work, and on opening the bag, discovered the lid had come off and the weed is everywhere.

I mean seriously my work desks stinks of bud now. Urf.

Noir

*lights bowl to wake and bake*. What? It's always 4:20 somewhere in the world :p haha

KittyKitten

Nerdysillysweetspicysaucy
Personally, I do not care if a man that I am dating smokes weed. I do have a problem if one abuses alcohol. Alcohol, when abused, to me is far worse than weed. I've seen what alcohol abuse does to a person, it really fucks them up. I've been in a relationship where the man was an alcoholic, and became verbally abusive (once I was punched in the face when he became so drunk). The next day, he claimed not to remember. Then he apologized and the cycle began again.

Also, marijuana use is less likely to cause automobile accidents than alcohol. Studies of marijuana smoking while driving showed that it does affect reaction time, but not nearly as much as alcohol. In addition, those who drive `stoned' have been shown to be less foolish on the road because they demonstrate increased caution. The marijuana using public has the same or lower rate of automobile accidents as the general public. Alcohol is a major problem in our highways and marijuana does not even come close to being as dangerous. Still, many people are smart enough not to even think about driving when they are getting high unlike too many alcoholics.

TheNowhereMan

Rambling Rover
While I am fond of it from time to time I do feel that in social situations it dulls my brain in such a way that I am rendered unable to coherently communicate with anyone for longer the 5 minutes. It's as if it wipes my mind blank sometimes so I tend to only use it as a spiritual herb. I should also explain that I am what most would call pagan, but what I call in touch with nature.

Latest posts