How do you feel about marijuana?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

LordQuas

¢reflow Dollar$
I was reading an old thread on here where someone was talking about how being driven by someone who was under the influence of marijuana and some of the comments really...stuck with me, particularly in comparison to alcohol.

So, how do you feel about it? Should it be legalized? Do you feel it affects driving and other activities as much as, say, alcohol? Do you have any friends who use it for medical purposes? I understand if you dont want to say whether you use it or not but that shouldnt stop you from posting any relevant comments or experiences.

I was a bit wary of putting the word marijuana in the title but I wanted people to notice the thread and click on it, please don't ban me!

Anm4521

Good topic...Well i'm just gonna be completely honest and hold nothing back... Most of the negative things said about marijuana are lies and nonsense. It's all propaganda in the United States. All these people against weed don't even smoke or ever even tried anway. They just listen to what the gov has told them. They have no idea what they're talking about. Yet they will drink themsleves into a coma and say it's fine. Alcohol is so much more destructive and dangerous it's not even comparable. It's not a gate way drug either. I don't drink, smoke cigs or do any other kind of drugs, but I smoke everyday. The entire history of pot in this country has been based corruption and lies. Even down to little things like saying that it makes you lazy. Maybe If all you chose to do is sit around and do nothing but constantly smoke you will feel lazy. I actually smoke and go on 6 miles runs stoned. Or right before I go into work. Or before I do numerous other things. No one even knows i'm high when I am. I dont even consider it a drug at all. As far as driving goes it depends on the person. How use to it they are and thier tolerance/grade of weed being smoked etc. I smoke nothing but medical grade and I drive high everyday and i've never been in a car accident in my life.

ThatFatGirl

Why am I still here?
I have mixed feelings about it. I enjoyed it during my college years as often as I could get my hands on it, but not much since. In fact not in the last seven years and I personally have no desire to ever smoke it again. If I was single, I wouldn't want to get involved with anyone who smoked it regularly as it's no fun to be the sober person around the giggly-high/waxing philosophical stoner (had that experience and it was no fun).

I think laws should be less stringent against it. People should not be in jail for having a small amount on them. I can't support legalizing it because I am afraid in doing so, it may become more available to younger people whose brain development is not yet complete. I also wonder if young people who start smoking it early on might be curious about stronger drugs after getting high from weed doesn't seem as exciting anymore.

Sorry, Anm, but getting high and getting behind the wheel of a car is totally irresponsible. Impaired driving is not acceptable and I feel anyone who causes another person harm while in this state should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

I absolutely support medical marijuana use - in the privacy of one's home.

Anm4521

Nah you don't understand what it's like for me. When i drive high i'm not even impaired. I have done it every day for years and years. I'm very use to it. It doesn't impair my reaction time or the attention im paying to the road.

CarlaSixx

Just Another Weirdo
I have mixed feelings about it too.

It does help people who are ill. Like a pain reliever and hunger inducer for those with cancer and other severe illnesses. I've seen it first hand many times. But, for years I believed it should ONLY be for that purpose.

Then I recently picked it up. It actually started with hash for me, but since That's such a rare find, regular weed has to suffice, and I get a weirder high on weed than hash. I would NEVER drive while high.

I'm barely affected if even at all by alcohol, but while high on weed, my reactions are slower because if I move at my normal speed, I get dizzy. Never would I even step foot out of anywhere until the high was gone or mostly gone. Let alone drive!

LordQuas

¢reflow Dollar$
I have mixed feelings about it too.

It does help people who are ill. Like a pain reliever and hunger inducer for those with cancer and other severe illnesses. I've seen it first hand many times. But, for years I believed it should ONLY be for that purpose.

Then I recently picked it up. It actually started with hash for me, but since That's such a rare find, regular weed has to suffice, and I get a weirder high on weed than hash. I would NEVER drive while high.

I'm barely affected if even at all by alcohol, but while high on weed, my reactions are slower because if I move at my normal speed, I get dizzy. Never would I even step foot out of anywhere until the high was gone or mostly gone. Let alone drive!

Are you saying that you drive drunk and don't feel it affects your driving negatively?

Dr. Feelgood

intellectual nerd
Marijuana may be legalized some day, but let's not do it in the middle of a recession. The reason marijuana was made illegal in 1934 was because alcohol had been legalized the previous year, putting thousands of prohibition agents (and probably quite a few lawyers) out of work: it was enough to make a visible increase in unemployment, and '34 was an election year. I have read that the necessary legislation was rammed through the House of Representatives in half an hour with virtually no discussion. Today, marijuana is big business: not only is it the leading agricultural crop in Oklahoma, surpassing cotton, but it keeps the DEA busy, the court dockets packed, and the prisons full -- all of which gives people jobs (and, in many cases, hefty bribes). Legalizing marijuana would knock the economy for a loop; moral, ethical, and legal arguments aside, the bottom line in America is ...the bottom line. :D

Scorsese86

Likeable conservative
I know too little about it, but still, I would choose not to do it. Not just because it's illegal, but that's probably my main reason for not doing it. Still, even if it was legalized, I still wouldn't feel the need to try it out, either. This is my personal opinion. Any adult can do whatever they want with their own life, and I choose not to try it. I am not even curious. I've found my poison of choice in Jack Daniel's a long time ago, and I'm sticking by it.

KHayes666

Go away
Here's my take on it:

I have never and will ever do it but if you're going to do it, do it at your house or at a party.

DON'T fucking do it at work where you could fuck up on a hazardous piece of machinery which could leave you or others injured. Not to mention getting high at lunch and falling asleep on the said machinery an hour later won't make the foremen or the superintendent happy when it comes time for the evaluation period.

I can't tell you how many times I've seen co-workers stick their hands in the insert machines and come within inches of getting it caught because their motor skills are too shot to move it in time. Not to mention if I had a nickel for every time I saw someone get high at lunch and fall asleep by 3:30 I'd be a millionaire.

Other than that, I really have no problem with it. Medicinal purposes are just that and as long as recreational purposes are out of the public eye, none of my business anyway.

imfree

In Remembrance
Uhhhhhhhmm......Haven't smoked in more years than some of you Guys are old! The stuff gave me the munchies, made me laugh at stupid things that aren't funny when straight, made me forget what I was going to say in the middle of a sentence, and made me not give a shit at work. Don't need it.

Marijuana, exhibit A!, Arlo Guthrie-Comin' Into Los Angeles http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcYTmICY1yg

KHayes666

Go away
Oh and I forgot.

If the promoter of the bash you're going to is on thin ice with a particular hotel because of past bad behavior, don't risk getting thrown out by having a hemp fest and inviting half the patrons and the hotel staff. Chances are in your drunk/stoned state inviting members of the staff and normal people doesn't seem like a bad idea, but when they call the cops you'll be like "Wow, how'd we get caught" when you come down.

Miss Vickie

I think we should treat it as we treat alcohol. Make it legal, regulate it and tax it, but don't you DARE drive or perform a potentially dangerous job if you're high.

You may think you're not impaired, but the reality is, you probably are. How many people drive drunk, sure they're not impaired and do it safely "all the time". Until, of course, they don't.

snuggletiger

Clowns Fear Me
Legalize it, Tax it, And watch all the 60's hippies and their offspring have to work for a living because Phillip Morris either got them sharecropping or flat ass broke. Get ready for Marlboro Green.

KHayes666

Go away
Legalize it, Tax it, And watch all the 60's hippies and their offspring have to work for a living because Phillip Morris either got them sharecropping or flat ass broke. Get ready for Marlboro Green.

Forget Phillip Morris....what about Garret Morris?

Christov

smoking-downer-stoned-eyes.jpg

feels good man

CastingPearls

Go Big Or Go Home
Legalize it for use the same as alcohol--but impairment?

One of my brothers is a chronic pot-head. He swears on his own life he's never impaired but I know him as well as I know myself --regardless of what YOU think---you ARE impaired. You may not have been in an accident....YET.

He's been in several car accidents and has blamed it on everything but himself (the other driver, only no one else was on the road at 4AM or the icy road (It was 60 degrees out) or hydroplaning (It hadn't rained for days) Fog (the sun was shining, sky was blue, etc) I can go on but the bottom line is like alcohol gives you liquid courage, weed gives you herbal acuity which means nothing but danger to others.

Enjoy it safely but stay the hell off the roads.

Latest posts