Mandatory stay at home weight gain?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

BouncingBoy

Formerly known as Dragorat
Sweatpants are pretty much ALL I wear yr. round.Once in a while I may put on a regular pair of pants & during the warmer months I do wear shorts.

Barrett

OMG, Becky, look at his belly.
DM Supporter
To be fair, this particular pair was never intended to be part of a "fat clothes" wardrobe.
In fact, none of my current clothes were meant to have to deal with me in my current condition; they were intended for the smaller me.

So if I keep gaining weight at the rate that I have been, I'm going to outgrow all of my clothes at some point, sooner than later.

Last edited:

jakemcduck

When I'm not working I still pretend to be under quarantine. Today my indulgence is/was pizza, potato skins and cookies and cream. Literally a box of cookies and a pint of cream to wash them down.

I hope for the next pandemic I get to stay home.

Barrett

DM Supporter
It seems my new favorite "Quarantine Cuisine" "meal" is four pints of Ben & Jerry's ice cream.
(Chunky Monkey, Cherry Garcia, New York Super Fudge Chunk, and Everything But The...)

In a single sitting.

(they've had two separate "Buy One, Get One Free" sales on Ben & Jerry's in recent weeks, and that stuff rarely goes on sale, so it induces a feeding frenzy when I see it happen. I ain't proud.)

(oh, and Chubby Hubby would absolutely be a fifth pint if I could find the stuff. But it's probably better that I can't, I guess. Four pints on the regular has already inflated me out of my pants...)

Shh! Don’t tell!

It seems my new favorite "Quarantine Cuisine" "meal" is four pints of Ben & Jerry's ice cream.
(Chunky Monkey, Cherry Garcia, New York Super Fudge Chunk, and Everything But The...)

In a single sitting.

(they've had two separate "Buy One, Get One Free" sales on Ben & Jerry's in recent weeks, and that stuff rarely goes on sale, so it induces a feeding frenzy when I see it happen. I ain't proud.)

(oh, and Chubby Hubby would absolutely be a fifth pint if I could find the stuff. But it's probably better that I can't, I guess. Four pints on the regular has already inflated me out of my pants...)
That’s a whole 4000+ cals

Barrett

DM Supporter
You know 3500 calories is a pound, and most people burn like 1500-2000 a day, so you’re gaining almost a pound a day
Oh, gosh. I don't eat ice cream like that every day. I'd be SO much fatter than I am now. 😆
I haven't yet exceeded 8 pints in a single week during the lock-down; the "4 pints at a time" thing no more than twice a week, and I haven't done that every single week.
(two pints a day two or three times a week has been my baseline.)

First, I'd get bored with Ben & Jerry's really quick, and I could never allow that to happen.
And B, Ben & Jerry's is too expensive to eat in quantity on a daily basis, long-term, as much as I personally feel it is worth its price.

@DazzAnn -- There isn't a flavor of Ben & Jerry's that I dislike, and I do love peanut butter cups, in general. And there are peanut butter cups in the "Everything But The..." flavor. :)

Last edited:
Group builder