New to gaining, need advice

Discussion in 'Weight Board' started by FirstTimeGainer, Apr 18, 2019.

1. Apr 18, 2019 #1

FirstTimeGainer

FirstTimeGainer

FirstTimeGainer

I'm new to intentionally gaining weight. I was a kinda smaller girl through high school, then over the years I've steadily been putting on a couple of pounds a year. I'm unsure about how much I want to gain, but I want to know:

-what do you like about getting bigger?

-what do you like about being bigger?

-how did you set your goal?

-how did you mentally get past the mental wall of thin being the only body type acceptable by society?

2. Apr 18, 2019 #2

BigElectricKat

BigElectricKat

BigElectricKat

Are you intelligent? Staff Member Global Moderator

I was very recently asking myself some of these very questions. Luckily for me, a few concerned folks here talked me off the ledge. So I will ask you something that was asked of me: Why do you want to gain?

AmyJo1976 likes this.
  3. Apr 18, 2019 #3

FirstTimeGainer

FirstTimeGainer

FirstTimeGainer

I've been gaining naturally over the years. I've been married to the same guy the whole time. I was always worried what he was thinking about the weight I was gaining, especially in my belly. It turns out that he's an FA and admitted to me that my gain has been sexy. Now instead of watching what I eat, I'm more open to getting bigger, enjoying food more, and have even found some joy in my softness now that I'm not so self-conscious about it. The only mental block left in my way is society's expectations of how women are supposed to be thin with flat stomachs.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
    ffju likes this.
  4. Apr 19, 2019 #4

extra_m13

extra_m13

extra_m13

some very important questions. cannot answer in first person because i am not a gainer but a true FA and i think i can add some to this thread. you mentioned several topics. first of all. what is it that you are enjoying... i mean, if you are gaining there may be several reasons for that. or if you tend to gain weight. why do you over eat? if the answer is for some deep shit emotional issue and you do not enjoy getting a bigger belly attend that, if the answer is, everything is fine i just love to over eat, then yes, being to love your belly and be ready to see it get bigger, it all goes back to the root i guess, limits? why put a limit to something that you enjoy doing? be free

5. Apr 19, 2019 #5

Mr. 23

Mr. 23

Mr. 23

A few years ago I hurt my leg. Naturally I put on some weight. It was like I was becoming myself. If you feel that way, keep at it.

6. Apr 19, 2019 #6

kgainer

kgainer

kgainer

-what do you like about getting bigger? I have enjoyed the whole process of gaining weight. I find over-eating a most arousing process. I like growing out of my clothes and having to buy new ones in ever larger sizes. I like the way obesity restricts what I can accomplish physically. How it has gradually changed my posture an gait.

-what do you like about being bigger? I like everything about being obese. I was hard-wired that way. I enjoy the stigma that attaches to a morbidly obese person and how I am perceived.

-how did you set your goal? I wanted to be as fat as I could become while still being able to function effectively and earn a living. I promised to myself that I would stop when it affected my health but when health issues arose I decided to live with them.

-how did you mentally get past the mental wall of thin being the only body type acceptable by society? One of the attractions of being obese is that it is runs completely counter to the fashion and image conscious world we live in. I might be percieved as a loser and a glutton who has no self-control but I know I am a winner and it has taken real commitment to get to a place I am completely happy to be in.

ffju and Frogman like this.
  7. Apr 19, 2019 #7

AmyJo1976

AmyJo1976

AmyJo1976

SSBBW & FFA

If you and your husband are both enjoying it, then I see no problem. Enjoy yourself and have fun. As for the mental block, that will go away over time if you have the feelings that you stated.

SSBHM likes this.
  8. Apr 20, 2019 #8

Shotha

Shotha

Shotha

Things aren't that simple. Many gainers do not want to put on endless amounts of weight. Many gainers have set ideas about how much extra weight would make them look more attractive or sexier. Not all gainers want to gain to the point of immobility. How much we gain has to be balanced against the other things that we want out of life. What sets the limit for me is that it's an identity issue. I like to be seen as the fat man. If I gain to the point of immobility, then I won't be able to get out and about and no one will see me as the fat man.

SSBHM and Tad like this.