Padding!

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

shadowcat

Padding was a big part of me as it was the only way I could live my fantasies. I would love to hear your experiences.

Around the age of six or seven, after being fascinated by weight gain on others, I started to fantasize about getting fat myself. The weird feelings I got were more intense. So intense, I convinced my childhood friends to play games in which I was the fat character. I remember loving the feeling. Looking down seeing a belly bulging out, how thick I felt, and feeling my belly rest on my lap, gave me a sense of heart racing excitement which could have been some form of arousal. I could not understand why I liked/wanted this.

Around 9, I started doing it in private in the dead of night. I was starting a quest to make it look and feel as realistic as possible. At 12, I was slowly gathering materials such as sweat pants and special pillows. Eventually, I finally got the weight and jiggle I desired when I filled a beach ball with water. But it was so heavy it kept falling out. I got a hold of a one piece swim suit to hold everything together. Over it I wore a flesh colored shirt, even going as far as to sew a bellybutton on it. I basically built my own fat suit.
Late 12, my first sexual experience happened while padding. Since then, all my padding sessions had to end that way.

I padded up every chance I knew I would be alone for hours at a time. My curiosity led me to leave my room to my parents room so I could see myself in their wall high mirror. Looking at myself in my fattened form the feeling was other worldly. I often loss track of time watching myself sitting and laying to exercising to eating. I got more daring and started roaming around the house living like a fat person.

Then one day at 17, after a few day of false alarm noises, I became reckless. I was in my parents room in a state of fullness and arousal the world faded away. I was imagining being full after being fed by someone. I was then jolted back to reality. My family came home earlier than expected! They were already in and I couldn't run to my room. I could hear my heartbeat in my ears as I bolted to the bathroom all padded up. My parents talked to me asking about my day through the bathroom door. I answered calmly. I took everything off and his it under the sink and snuck to my room in a towel.

I felt so strange. This is not normal, I thought. I still was in a state of panic. Under the darkness, I threw away everything I had relating to this fetish- padding clothes, stories I wrote, and drawings. Ending a weird chapter of my life.

This whole time I though I was the only one. Never had a clue that there were others. I still had the occasional fantasy. It wasn't until I was 23 I found this place.

curtis

Yes, very familiar. I started at about 4 or 5. Forced feeding and weight gain scenarios from cartoons and television fueled my early imagination. In these nascent fantasies, I would be a girl who is fattened against her will. I am certain that my first organisms were a product of padding role-play. A favorite resource was my mother's panty hose. The fear of detection only added to the excitement. There were, of course, a number of close calls.

I continued into adolescence and adulthood. I don't remember exactly when I finally stopped fantasizing I was a fat woman and embraced the concept/fantasy of a girlfriend/wife who would be my feeder. In my 30s I started going out padded in public -- to weight-loss clinics, bakeries, diners, and bars. I usually found myself very invisible. On one or two occasions I felt I had been identified as being in costume -- when I was particularly thin and my angular face didn't reconcile with my torso.

Gaining almost 40 pounds in my 40s, I developed just enough of a shadow of a double chin that I was more convincing in my presentation.

I would love to invest in a realistic, professional fat suit and be subjected to a professional make-over artist, at least once. However, I don't believe my wife would understand this kink, so I keep it under wraps.

My wife has "struggled" with her weight since the age of 12, and this past year she is proud to have gone from a size 16+ to a size 10. I think the fat fetish would alarm her, and we already have enough problems with our relationship.

kawazoo

I had a similar experience in childhood, taking padding from something I did around others without reservation to something I realized was unusual, and needed to be private. When I was little I would casually pad at home, but it quickly became something I only did in private once I noticed that nobody else I knew seemed nearly as fascinated by fat as I was. Around 11 or 12 (forget exactly when) is when it first took on a sexual tone, because that's when I realized that the excitement I felt was arousal. I've had my share of close calls as well, some just as close as yours! Though I never threw out my padding gear in an attempt to rid myself of the kink.

shadowcat

Yes, very familiar. I started at about 4 or 5. Forced feeding and weight gain scenarios from cartoons and television fueled my early imagination. In these nascent fantasies, I would be a girl who is fattened against her will. I am certain that my first organisms were a product of padding role-play. A favorite resource was my mother's panty hose. The fear of detection only added to the excitement. There were, of course, a number of close calls.

I continued into adolescence and adulthood. I don't remember exactly when I finally stopped fantasizing I was a fat woman and embraced the concept/fantasy of a girlfriend/wife who would be my feeder. In my 30s I started going out padded in public -- to weight-loss clinics, bakeries, diners, and bars. I usually found myself very invisible. On one or two occasions I felt I had been identified as being in costume -- when I was particularly thin and my angular face didn't reconcile with my torso.

Gaining almost 40 pounds in my 40s, I developed just enough of a shadow of a double chin that I was more convincing in my presentation.

I would love to invest in a realistic, professional fat suit and be subjected to a professional make-over artist, at least once. However, I don't believe my wife would understand this kink, so I keep it under wraps.

My wife has "struggled" with her weight since the age of 12, and this past year she is proud to have gone from a size 16+ to a size 10. I think the fat fetish would alarm her, and we already have enough problems with our relationship.
I can relate to those strange things! But I never went out in public.

I had a similar experience in childhood, taking padding from something I did around others without reservation to something I realized was unusual, and needed to be private. When I was little I would casually pad at home, but it quickly became something I only did in private once I noticed that nobody else I knew seemed nearly as fascinated by fat as I was. Around 11 or 12 (forget exactly when) is when it first took on a sexual tone, because that's when I realized that the excitement I felt was arousal. I've had my share of close calls as well, some just as close as yours! Though I never threw out my padding gear in an attempt to rid myself of the kink.
Thanks! Would love to talk more about padding!

curtis

So, after years of fantasizing about wearing a Santa suit, I finally went ahead and bought one this week off of Craigslist. Of course, this year/season is the most unusual/depressed Christmas holiday season ever to be wearing the big red suit. I certainly can't go pub crawling during a pandemic! Still, wearing the big man's suit under layers of padding, IS arousing.

Barrett

OMG, Becky, look at his belly.
DM Supporter
I padded occasionally from a young age through most of my grade-school years, at which point its appeal gradually diminished and was supplanted by intentional weight gain.
Padding was a private affair for me, which started as a way to live out my fat dreams, which were very intense (to the degree of being formative) as a very young child, but have lessened in occurrence as I've aged.
I very rarely get fat dreams any more, which makes me a little sad.
From around 4th grade through 7th grade it was mostly a way of re-enacting the teasing I got pretty much daily from my friends, even my other fat friends, about my weight.
My urge to pad started to be replaced more and more often during this period, and had faded completely by the time I hit 8th grade, in favor of its new matrix, intentional over-eating.
Pretending to be fat was no longer as fulfilling as the real thing; an evolution?, which was driven in no small part by the teasing I received, verbal and physical (pokes, pinches, being on the receiving end of a "pink belly" train [getting restrained or even held down while people take turns slap-patting your belly to make it turn pink, for those unfamiliar with the term], etc.)

And these days, I certainly don't need to pad. :eek:

Shotha

DM Supporter
Pretending to be fat was no longer as fulfilling as the real thing; an evolution?
Interesting comment, as it contrasts so sharply with my experience. I started padding, when I was about four years old, and I've never really stopped. There have been times, when I do it less often than at others, mainly because of work pressure.

These days I pad partly as a means to gain real weight. It just feels so good to be so huge that it motivates me to work harder at gaining more real weight.

And then I find that padding takes things into a whole new dimension. I think that it's because fantasy can take us places that reality can't. Apart from being interested in fat, I like the notion of inflation and padding allows me to explore that.

Barrett

DM Supporter
Interesting comment, as it contrasts so sharply with my experience. I started padding, when I was about four years old, and I've never really stopped. There have been times, when I do it less often than at others, mainly because of work pressure.

These days I pad partly as a means to gain real weight. It just feels so good to be so huge that it motivates me to work harder at gaining more real weight.

And then I find that padding takes things into a whole new dimension. I think that it's because fantasy can take us places that reality can't. Apart from being interested in fat, I like the notion of inflation and padding allows me to explore that.
Oh, I completely understand and empathize with your perspective.

But for me, padding became just like waking from a fat dream; the fulfillment I experienced was fleeting, because it wasn't real, and I felt a pang of loss when I woke up from such a dream, or when I had to remove the padding.

Or even if I thought too hard about the padding while I was padded. Padding is the wish, or desire; intangible. Being fat is real; tangible.
And in this paradigm, I can have the reality almost as easily as I can create the fantasy. I can become as fat as I want to be. It just takes more time to get there.
But that journey is very satisfying. An actual full belly is way more enjoyable than stuffing a pillow or other type of padding under my shirt.

I think it boils-down to a difference in intensity; a need which I think I can attribute to the addictive nature of my brain (I have struggled with several forms of substance dependency in my lifetime; opiates, alcohol, food...).
With alcohol, for instance, I progressed from drinking beer, to wine, to hard liquor, before I quit drinking. I barely noticed the effect of two beers versus the effect of two shots of tequila. The beer lost its appeal because it wasn't strong enough to satisfy me.

Padding became like the beer. Being fat/getting fatter for real is like the tequila.

Shotha

DM Supporter
I think that we have some common ground about the disappointment of taking the padding off. For me the disappointment had another aspect to it. You can't strip off down to a pair of speedos in public, e.g. on the beach, at a poolside party, etc., if you're padded. You can only do that with real fat. For me being fat is an identity issue. I like to be seen to be "the fat man". You can't do that with padding. It always fascinates me how different people can have different angles on the same pursuit.

Barrett

DM Supporter
I think that we have some common ground about the disappointment of taking the padding off. For me the disappointment had another aspect to it. You can't strip off down to a pair of speedos in public, e.g. on the beach, at a poolside party, etc., if you're padded. You can only do that with real fat. For me being fat is an identity issue. I like to be seen to be "the fat man". You can't do that with padding. It always fascinates me how different people can have different angles on the same pursuit.
Yes, I can definitely say that was another reason why padding lost its appeal for me, especially during the time when it did.

From 5th through 7th grade the amount of teasing I received for my weight increased like crazy. I ran with three different groups of kids back then, moving between groups kind of in a cycle, but the one common thread between the three groups was that I was always the fat kid.

It was super embarrassing to be singled-out for being fat, and getting poked and pinched, and being the target of pink belly "attacks;" getting restrained or held down while the rest of the gang took turns slap-patting your belly until it turned red. (Most of us guys ran around without shirts on.)
But it was also a secret thrill, and I'd go home at the end of the day and fantasize about getting fatter so they would tease me more. That was when purposely over-eating really started to eclipse padding and become second nature, because I didn't want it to be fantasy anymore.

Shotha

DM Supporter
Yes, I can definitely say that was another reason why padding lost its appeal for me, especially during the time when it did.

From 5th through 7th grade the amount of teasing I received for my weight increased like crazy. I ran with three different groups of kids back then, moving between groups kind of in a cycle, but the one common thread between the three groups was that I was always the fat kid.

It was super embarrassing to be singled-out for being fat, and getting poked and pinched, and being the target of pink belly "attacks;" getting restrained or held down while the rest of the gang took turns slap-patting your belly until it turned red. (Most of us guys ran around without shirts on.)
But it was also a secret thrill, and I'd go home at the end of the day and fantasize about getting fatter so they would tease me more. That was when purposely over-eating really started to eclipse padding and become second nature, because I didn't want it to be fantasy anymore.
I don't seem to get a lot of teasing about my weight or fat shaming. I think it's because I look rather ferocious, even though I wouldn't hurt a fly.

I've never experienced a pink belly attack. It probably wouldn't work on me, because I'm always bright red. When I was in Japan, I was given the nickname Akahito (赤人) meaning "red person", not to be confused with Akihito (明仁) the former emperor.

Barrett

DM Supporter
I don't seem to get a lot of teasing about my weight or fat shaming. I think it's because I look rather ferocious, even though I wouldn't hurt a fly.

I've never experienced a pink belly attack. It probably wouldn't work on me, because I'm always bright red. When I was in Japan, I was given the nickname Akahito (赤人) meaning "red person", not to be confused with Akihito (明仁) the former emperor.
I don't get teased or shamed anywhere near as much as an adult, and that's by my friends. And only because they know I'm a teddy bear under the surface that everyone else sees. I'm notorious for looking like I'm about to murder everyone.
I get occasional shaming comments from my family, but that has always been the case. And they're all a bunch of overweight hypocrites, so I shrug it off.

A pink belly probably wouldn't fly in most cases for an adult, either; not without violent reprisal, anyway.
It's one of those things that kids do, being the mean little shits that they are to each other.
I gladly took the abuse, at least from the kids I ran with, because it drew attention away from the other fat kids in our group(s) who were upset by being teased.

Shotha

DM Supporter
I don't get teased or shamed anywhere near as much as an adult, and that's by my friends. And only because they know I'm a teddy bear under the surface that everyone else sees. I'm notorious for looking like I'm about to murder everyone.
I get occasional shaming comments from my family, but that has always been the case. And they're all a bunch of overweight hypocrites, so I shrug it off.

A pink belly probably wouldn't fly in most cases for an adult, either; not without violent reprisal, anyway.
It's one of those things that kids do, being the mean little shits that they are to each other.
I gladly took the abuse, at least from the kids I ran with, because it drew attention away from the other fat kids in our group(s) who were upset by being teased.
Being a gainer, I find that fat jokes, fat shaming, prodding, poking and patting don't upset me. When people do these things, they're letting me know that I've got the body I wanted.

At this time of year, I get a few little kids waving at me and saying, "Hello, Santa!" This sometimes embarrasses their mothers but I think that it's so cute.

Barrett

DM Supporter
Being a gainer, I find that fat jokes, fat shaming, prodding, poking and patting don't upset me. When people do these things, they're letting me know that I've got the body I wanted.

At this time of year, I get a few little kids waving at me and saying, "Hello, Santa!" This sometimes embarrasses their mothers but I think that it's so cute.
The teasing doesn't bother me, either. When I think about it, I can say that the teasing I got back when I was a kid living in Florida (my 5th-7th grade years) was probably the main thing that caused me to gravitate toward intentional gaining and away from padding, once I realized that I actually craved being teased.

And it's funny how I can say that I still get teased by kids (usually very young ones who haven't developed any filters yet).
Not very often, but occasionally, one will point and say, to everyone within ear-shot, "Wow, that guy is FAT!" or ask, "Why is that man so fat?"
I can feel it bring a blush to my face, getting called-out, loudly, in a public space, but like you said, it embarrasses the heck out of their parents, which makes me laugh it off.

Shotha

DM Supporter
The teasing doesn't bother me, either. When I think about it, I can say that the teasing I got back when I was a kid living in Florida (my 5th-7th grade years) was probably the main thing that caused me to gravitate toward intentional gaining and away from padding, once I realized that I actually craved being teased.

And it's funny how I can say that I still get teased by kids (usually very young ones who haven't developed any filters yet).
Not very often, but occasionally, one will point and say, to everyone within ear-shot, "Wow, that guy is FAT!" or ask, "Why is that man so fat?"
I can feel it bring a blush to my face, getting called-out, loudly, in a public space, but like you said, it embarrasses the heck out of their parents, which makes me laugh it off.
Kids, unlike adults, often mean no harm with their comments and questions. Kids often like people who stand out, whether they're very fat, very thin, very tall, very muscular or whatever. A while back a friend's son was staring at me at an event. He finally plucked up the courage to come and ask me, "Why have you got such a big tummy?" The grown=ups on our table looked shocked to hear a child ask such a question. It told the boy, "It's because I give it a lot of exercise. The adults couldn't hide their laughter. The boy just said, "Oh," and walked away. He meant no harm. He was just curious.

And now back to padding, as that's the theme of this thread. A few years ago, I did a poll on a padding group, to see what people padded for. The responses showed many motivations and fantasies associated with padding. A lot of padding seemed to do with inflation fantasies and instant weight gain fantasies. I must look the results up again, because they were somewhat contrary to expectation.

Barrett

DM Supporter
My apologies for dragging the thread off-topic.
Sorry.

curtis

Yeah, it "diverged" -- even got sorta "post-padding", if you will. No big deal, although I find padding to be an end in of itself.

While I certainly did enjoy padding even while I was heavier (2 years ago I was 203 pounds and tettered between "overweight" and obese according to the BMI charts), I still find transgressive pleasure in padding now that I am 152. Early this evening, for example, I took considerable pleasure in waddling downtown in my new Santa suit. It was quite a kick engaging in random exchanges with people on the street.

Shotha

DM Supporter
Yeah, it "diverged" -- even got sorta "post-padding", if you will. No big deal, although I find padding to be an end in of itself.

While I certainly did enjoy padding even while I was heavier (2 years ago I was 203 pounds and tettered between "overweight" and obese according to the BMI charts), I still find transgressive pleasure in padding now that I am 152. Early this evening, for example, I took considerable pleasure in waddling downtown in my new Santa suit. It was quite a kick engaging in random exchanges with people on the street.
Yes, I find that padding and being fat for real (355 lb at my doctor's practice yesterday) give satisfaction in two completely different ways. However, the two interests intersect for me in the way that padding motivates me to work harder to put on some real weight.

Latest posts