Quantcast

Post an Old Music Video from "Back in the Day"

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Joker

I play fiddle and Banjo. Well I did until I killed some nerves in my fingers. But the thing is. Be yourself.

Velda Swank

And then later, in 1968, minus Billy J. Kramer, The Dakotas did this:
Dakotas - The spider and the fly (UK freakbeat psych)

(No actual video for this song that i know of, so it’s a still of the record label. Apologies for breaking the intent of this thread.)

I never even heard this song one time until it came into KALX in 1989 on the Psychedelic Snarl compilation (Discogs listing) and i auditioned it and immediately aired it. Ah, the memories of watching the LP slowly spin as it aired, occasionally sharing flirty eyes with fellow DJ Velda Swank as she pulled music for her show. (Truthfully we were actually both enjoying the song more than any flirting going on.)
Well, I am honored to have shared flirty eyes with you, so long ago. Hope you are well! I miss DJing—I have so many wonderful and hilarious memories at KALX.

Sonic Purity

Jiggle Junkie
Well, I am honored to have shared flirty eyes with you, so long ago. Hope you are well! I miss DJing—I have so many wonderful and hilarious memories at KALX.
Bear witness, Dims peeps: i am melted into the comfy couch (like a recliner comfy chair, but it’s a whole couch) upon which i’m currently seated from the sudden appearance in this venue of the venerable Ms. Swank. Blown away barely begins to describe the experience.

VS: check out the Due To The Pandemic thread here. I think you may have some things to contribute to edify and delight those following it.

Latest posts