Random FOODEE Thoughts and Confessions

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

plushkitty

I confessed this already on the BBW board- I drove to the next county today to buy of the world's best donuts.
No shame in driving to get good food! If I could drive (I have epilepsy so I can't), I would spend so much gas money driving to Los Angeles for ramen in Little Tokyo.

AmyJo1976

DM Supporter
No shame in driving to get good food! If I could drive (I have epilepsy so I can't), I would spend so much gas money driving to Los Angeles for ramen in Little Tokyo.
Sorry to hear that girl. I hope you have someone that can drive you?

plushkitty

Sorry to hear that girl. I hope you have someone that can drive you?
Sometimes, yeah. If I have another errand in the area... I just feel weird asking someone to drive me more than an hour away for lunch, you know? Even if I pay for their gas and buy them lunch, time is precious. Fortunately there is ramen that's almost as good much closer!

One of these days I will figure out how to make it myself.

Tracii

Kind of addicted to Baking Fresh Homemade Bread from scratch. The entire house smelling of warm fresh bread . . . simply orgasmic.
I make a really good pepperoni bread try that some time.
I know its not totally vegan but its sooo good.

AmyJo1976

DM Supporter
Sometimes, yeah. If I have another errand in the area... I just feel weird asking someone to drive me more than an hour away for lunch, you know? Even if I pay for their gas and buy them lunch, time is precious. Fortunately there is ramen that's almost as good much closer!

One of these days I will figure out how to make it myself.
You just need to find you a lunch buddy. Preferably one that likes good food as much as you and has a car:)

plushkitty

I must say that I prefer Trader Joe's Joe-Joes to Oreos, especially the Mocha Joe-Joes. They don't leave a greasy feeling on my tongue when I eat them. (Not that I would turn down an Oreo if somebody offered me one!)

AmandaLynn

cake, lots & lots of cake
I must say that I prefer Trader Joe's Joe-Joes to Oreos, especially the Mocha Joe-Joes. They don't leave a greasy feeling on my tongue when I eat them. (Not that I would turn down an Oreo if somebody offered me one!)
I don't turn down Oreos either.

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
For the most part I'm not a fan of people messing around with poutine -- I find most variants to be less good than a well made basic, and are mostly efforts to get away with cheaper ingredients, I think. But over the weekend had some 'butter chicken poutine' that was quite good. Something I'd try again, as more research is in order to reach a final conclusion :eat2:

Fuzzy

Just a dirty old man
I buy the Hydrox when I see them at Walmart. They're supposedly the cookie that Nabisco copied to make the Oreo. I like them better than Oreo, but they're hard to find.

Rojodi

I buy the Hydrox when I see them at Walmart. They're supposedly the cookie that Nabisco copied to make the Oreo. I like them better than Oreo, but they're hard to find.
In the summer, Hydrox were aways cheaper, so mom would get two packs of thrm: one for her, one for us kids.

SoVerySoft

No fat no flavor
In Remembrance
Actually, Hydrox came first! And hard to find because they were discontinued for several years then brought back by a new company. Not sure of their status today, but I think they're still around.

Rojodi

Actually, Hydrox came first! And hard to find because they were discontinued for several years then brought back by a new company. Not sure of their status today, but I think they're still around.
Looks like Walmart might be selling them.

fat9276

IC I am craving donuts! I don't have to work early so will definitely be making a run to a local awesome donut shop near me later :eat2: