Random FOODEE Thoughts and Confessions

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

SoVerySoft

No fat no flavor
In Remembrance
I find that things made with Stevia taste bitter or "off" to me.

lille

I had Ethiopian food for the first time yesterday, it was really good.

luvmybhm

waiting for spring!
one of the buzzfeed channels on you tube does a bunch of 'people try ___ food for the first time' sort of videos. some are studio things and then some are where the guys nab an uber driver not originally from the us and ask them to take them to their fave restaurant of food from their homeland. most of the uber videos are favorable. the guy that does them is a foodee and likes most anything. the studio ones tend to be a bit more realistic and they tell you what they taste like...good or bad.

here is the one for southern food. (best food ever!)

http://youtu.be/fDbtvpLHIpw

Tracyarts

I find that things made with Stevia taste bitter or "off" to me.
Same here. And I really have given stevia a good, solid try. I've tried powdered stevia, liquid stevia, actual leaves from the stevia plant crushed up in iced tea; as well as stevia sweetened products from the store. All of it bitter and just off and unpleasant tasting. Almost a sour bitterness if that makes any sense. It's not as unpleasant as splenda or nutrasweet, but still not good enough to enjoy. Last stevia disappointment was a probiotic drink that was lemon - hot pepper flavored. The bitter stevia aftertaste just ruined it for me.

lille

An old dear friend took me out for a celebratory dinner last night. It was fantastic. One of those places where you rode how many courses you want (there were two options) and then you get course after course of amazing food. Everything was delicious and it was so much fun and we were there for about 3 1/2 hours.

Rojodi

Last night, we had clean up. I had some marinara left over, son had some pesto. We mixed the two and OMG!

Rojodi

Went apple picking this morning

Tomorrow we're having "Peter Brady" dinner.

Surlysomething

In Remembrance
In Remembrance
I bought the store brand on the weekend and they were small and not that great.

On my way home last night I went through the Timmy's drive thru and got 3 of theirs "bulk". I was one happy girl last night/this morning. Timmy's are big and chewy and full of raisins.

I need an intervention.... :eat2:

Great. I didn't have to go to the local bread-and-bagel place...
...until just now.

It's 1 AM and they're not open until 5 AM.
*sigh*

VeganVixen

Kind of addicted to Baking Fresh Homemade Bread from scratch. The entire house smelling of warm fresh bread . . . simply orgasmic.

Group builder