• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Sexual abuse and obesity

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beckoo

I have read about the connection between the two for years and wondered how accurate it was or is? I was sexually abused and to this day struggle with it's aftermath. Am I fat because I need a shield of some sort or is it as simple as I love food? I hate my body and I hate that I hate it :confused: Do I hate myself because I am fat or is it the abused girl talking. All the years in and out of therapy and I am still fucked up. I was so happy when I found this website because I am so tired of being ashamed of being fat. But I haven't gotten it yet! I thought I could learn to at least acccept this aspect of myself and half the battle would be won. Why can't I just accept it? Why can't I be like the ladies here who have so much pride? I read the posts and try to take a little of everything you all are saying and I still am ashamed. I want to walk with my head up. I hope this isn't coming across as a poor me post. I need and want advice. I want to be.......positive and proactive. I want to be involved in life. I have been sitting by all these years watching others live and using my weight as an excuse to hide. I would love to know when I am going to have some sort of epiphany and finally realize that I am worthy. I guess I will have to keep on working on it. Sorry for rambling. Rebecca

Back