Single and/or childless in your 30s

Discussion in 'Daily Living' started by WVMountainrear, Dec 13, 2011.

1. May 15, 2013 #101

NYCGabriel

NYCGabriel

NYCGabriel

I would love to be a parent.

2. Jun 15, 2013 #102

Corwynis

Corwynis

Corwynis

I'll be 31 in July, and I've been separated from my wife for a while now. Just waiting on residency here in Utah, so that I can file for divorce. As far as costs go, the divorce process is cheaper without kids.

But at some point, if I can find the right person (and learn to trust again), I would love to raise a family of my own.

3. Jun 15, 2013 #103

lizzie_lotr

lizzie_lotr

lizzie_lotr

No kids for me, and I'm soooo happy about it too!!:D

4. Jun 17, 2013 #104

snuggletiger

snuggletiger

snuggletiger

Clowns Fear Me

at 37 almost 38, I find myself wishing I had kids. I always wanted kids, just never have been able to find someone that wanted to have that kind of life with me. Now in all likelihood if I want to have a kid I'll have to adopt, and how successful are single dads in the adoption game?

5. Aug 5, 2013 #105

BChunky

BChunky

BChunky

I just turned 37. I’m definitely hoping to find someone to start a family with in the future, I’m not getting any younger :) I have always wanted kids and now that most of my friends have started families, I want that for myself.

6. Aug 7, 2013 #106

Ashley1985

Ashley1985

Ashley1985

Take it easy on yourself.

I'm not 30 yet (28), but I get this all the time because most of friends/family members are married and some are starting to have babies, buy their first homes, etc. Since I have no marriage prospects, I feel like my married friends - ESPECIALLY the ones with kids - are starting to treat me like I "don't get it." Like I'm still stuck in middle school, while they are in high school and thus, I cant understand their "grown up" high school issues.

According to them, I can't understand fighting with my spouse that I live with, dealing with crazy in-laws, pregnancy issues, post-baby sex, etc. They act like I can't get it, empathize, sympathize or such so they don't want to talk to me about it. I get it, but it can be super offensive at times.

7. Aug 10, 2013 #107

Cutie77015

Cutie77015

Cutie77015

Well, I just turned 33 and I'm still single with no children. There are times where I'm happy that I only have myself to look after and that I do not face all of the stress that most parents are going through today. Other times I look around and wonder just what the heck is wrong with me that I don't have these things.

I keep getting asked by family and friends "when are you going to get married and have a baby already?" I say when the right person comes along it will happen. If it doesn't I just have to be okay with that. Now mind you, there's nothing wrong with staying happily single. Some people love it and can't imagine their lives any other way. Some people want the husband and 2.5 kids and they feel horrible when they don't achieve that perfect suburban life. I think that you should just need to be happy and live your life to the fullest. Travel, see the world and experience new things. After all, fairy tale endings usually happen when you least expect it.

8. Aug 10, 2013 #108

BigBeautifulMe

BigBeautifulMe

BigBeautifulMe

That was a heart.

I could have written this a year ago. I was 33 exactly an in the same situation. And last October, I got engaged. I never in a million years expected it. You never know what's going to happen! :)

9. Oct 6, 2013 #109

ToniTails

ToniTails

ToniTails

"so FLUFFY!"

my child is the best thing that ever happened to me- i am glad i had him when i did because I was just wild and reckless enough not to think about the ramifications of having a child - i'd love to have ten more if i could - as for being single- i love being single- i'm not against a relationship, but i'm in no hurry- if it comes along... great- if not? no worries- i want something real, comfortable, and best friend with bennies-like - i'll settle for nothing less!

10. Oct 6, 2013 #110

ChickletsBBW

ChickletsBBW

ChickletsBBW

Mostly a Voyeur :)

I've posted before but I'm now 37, still single and no kids.

As much as I don't want to, I've pretty much given up on the idea of meeting someone that would actually love me enough to want to marry me or even have kids.

It sux and its certainly not my wishes to be single but there are no men around here that seem to be the slightest bit interested in dating and looking for something long term.
    I've even tried getting to know someone online and then when it comes to the point of wanting to meet, they flake away and seem to be just lying and looking for some online fake attention I guess.

For any of u that have had luck meeting your significant other online, kudos to you :) guess I just don't have any good luck :p

I'm just trying to stay busy, but still feel I'm totally missing out when I see happy couples together, especially couples with kids. It hurts but guess I was meant to be single w/o kids.

But regardless, I'll always have a dog to make me smile and right now I've got my cute little "Princess" as my 4-legged kid :p

I still wish all the single folks good luck & happiness in what they seek for :)

Falling Boy likes this.
  11. Oct 12, 2013 #111

Jah

Jah

Jah

Veggie girl

https://www.facebook.com/candice.brown.71404,
    I'm 30 and I'm married and I have no children and it seems likely I'm not going to be having kids due to health issues. I've often thought I'd love to have kids but these days I wonder if all the hassle would be worth it now that I have siblings with kids and I've seen how difficult being a parent can be.

12. Oct 20, 2013 #112

indy500tchr

indy500tchr

indy500tchr

I am 36 and won't be married until I am 37 and I hope hope hope I will be able to have kids. With age, many health problems and my size I've got a lot going against me but I going to at least try.

13. Oct 24, 2013 #113

itjoe

itjoe

itjoe

Almost 30, single, no kids, and don't want any. :)

14. Mar 25, 2014 #114

mermaid8

mermaid8

mermaid8

mermaid

being single and childless is fun when your young and in your 20's because your experiencing life and experimenting. in your 30's it's seen as irresponsible that your wandering aimlessly without moving on to the next milestone in life; moving on to the appropriate next step.

both of my sisters (one is older and one is younger) are married with two children a piece and i'm single with no children. this would be fine if i didn't want a husband and children but i do. sometimes i feel like a disappointment to my parents and i know that they worry about how will take care of me when they are gone. they always say well i will be dead by the time you have children and get married.

i know i'm a good girlfriend, no one is perfect, but i have a admirable qualities that any man should want. i don't want a fairy tale (they don't exist), i just want to grow old with a man - to have someone to hold my hand as we walk through the darkness and the light. loving is the best thing we humans do and if we stop doing it then humanity should just stop altogether.

i hope there is someone for me out there in this crazy world.

15. Jun 16, 2014 #115

pagan22

pagan22

pagan22

Just getting out of a crappy marriage, no desire to ever have kids, and happy to be single. It's just me and the dog. Life is simpler this way. Men add too much drama to an otherwise good thing.

16. Jun 18, 2014 #116

WhiteHotRazor

WhiteHotRazor

WhiteHotRazor

Time Travelling

I think it's pretty funny when people act like because you're at this age, not married and do not have children that there's something wrong with you. Haha. Maybe I just didn't read the life guidebook when they were passed out by administration.

Sugar and Extinctor100 like this.
  17. Jul 22, 2014 #117

Sugar

Sugar

Sugar

I find small bits of comfort being alone and without kids. My days are mine, my sleeping in is never bothered, and I never have to check with anyone to do anything.

I figure when the big guy thinks I'm ready for love, he'll send me the right one. After all, when I'm left to decide...it's a soup sandwich all over cream suede.

I am just thankful I'm living in an age where it's okay to be nearly 37 and single. If I were considered an old maid there would be some very disappointed people. I am a terrible maid! :)

18. Aug 12, 2014 #118

CurvaceousBBWLover

CurvaceousBBWLover

CurvaceousBBWLover

Primordial

I am 38, almost 39, childless and never married. I would love to get married once I finish getting my masters degree and get a better job! I've been looking for awhile off and on for a suitable partner who lives within a one-hour drive. They are not easy to find.

lovelylady78 likes this.
  19. Sep 22, 2014 #119

Debbie.Dlite

Debbie.Dlite

Debbie.Dlite

Soon to be 36, never been married, only a 4-legged furry "kid" that I share with my ex...

I feel so-so about it: Happy to be free, but maybe I miss something wonderful?

20. Sep 25, 2014 #120

FluffyButterfly80

FluffyButterfly80

FluffyButterfly80

Let's be friends!

I'm 34, never been married, and never had any kids.
    When I was younger I really wanted kids, But as I get older and having worked 10 years in daycare- i feel like i've done my duty with the raising kids thing. LOL I am,however, looking forward to meeting the guy I will spend the rest of my life with. Some days It feels like that will never happen. I'm the last of all the cousins (and my siblings) who is still single. It does feel pretty crappy at family get together still being single and having to report yet again that I am still single.
    But like others have said- I'd rather be happy and single than just be in a relationship to be in one. So until then- I'll just enjoy the freedom, i guess!