BOTH Ten to One - by Xyantha (~BHM/~BBW, Romance, ~SWG)

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Xyantha Reborn

- Actually Very Tame!
Come on, it will be fun, she said.

Oh – it was beautiful, elegant and memorable, but fun would not be the word that he would use to describe the feeling he was experiencing. Every time the man ghosted his hands around her curves, every time he hugged her too closely, breathed onto her neck…indignation shot through every fibre of his being.

Indignation – not jealously, certainly. Jealousy was the feeling experienced by men with no self confidence, and who no trust in their partner. And jealously so soon after only a few days of dating would have made him creepy. Certainly not jealous. What was to be jealous of, he demanded as Steve’s hand grasped her waist and then slid downwards in a too-familiar manner.

“Relax, big guy,” Jeremy told him, looking cool and collected. The dance master was sitting on the chair next to him as he watched the team go through their ‘cooling’ exercises – a new term he had learned, because he had been unaware that exercise caused anything more than heat and exhaustion.

Surprised at the sudden intrusion on his thoughts, Ryan attempted to unclench his fists and jaw, both of which were bulging and tight under the strain. “Easy enough for you to say,” he shot back, misery clear in his tone in spite of himself. “My girlfriend - who is crazy for liking me and way out of my league - is being mauled in front of me.”

The other man’s snort made him look up into the handsome features. The quintessential silver fox didn’t seem to have a doubt in his entire, lithe frame. “Are you truly so self-conscious? I’ve told you before, and I will tell you again – Erin adores fat guys. To her, these boys are safe because she has zero interest.”

Safe? Ryan grumbled internally. Who knew what the horny asshole Steve was capable of? “I’m just feeling like shit. I’ll never be able to move like that,” he admitted on a sigh, envy tugging at him. As he shifted, he felt the bottom of his stomach rub his legs and wrinkled his nose. “She loves dancing so much, and I’ll never be able to do it with her.”

The older man leaned closer and bared his even teeth in a grin. “Lad, the only dancing she wants to do with you is writhing on top of your cock with her hands squeezing handfuls of your gut. Trust me.” He gave a roguish wink, eyeing him with blatant appreciation. “Or maybe pinned under the weight of your gut as you fuck her, eating icecream.”

It was hard to maintain eye contact, with such a hot guy teasing him, and heat crept up the back of his neck as he remembered the blizzards. “Do you always talk to relative strangers like this?”

A meaningful eye roll, and then he returned his gaze to the floor. One hand stroked his goatee absently, the other tapped a rhythm on the tabletop between them. “Only when they are fat, bisexual young men who whine and mope instead of focusing on the prize.” He snorted as Ryan jerked upright, a puppet on a string. “Yes, I can tell. My gaydar went off.” He mimed pointing his finger at the students, miming a slow and steady blip, and as he swung his finger towards Ryan, increased the tempo dramatically. “Eyes on the prize, my boy,” he added as Erin turned towards them.

“Ryan!” Erin called, breathless and pink cheeked. She shoved Steve away absently when he tried to approach. “Stop flirting with Jeremy – he is a no-good scoundrel!” There was no rancour in her voice, only playful teasing, but both men flushed. “Do you want to go for dinner after this?” was the hopeful request. “Sushi? There is a great place around the corner, and we were all thinking of going.

The vicious look on Steve’s face was frightening. “Does he need to eat again, like, ever?”

The handsome black man who had caught her mid air the first time mockingly repeated Steve’s last words in a slow tone. “’Again, like, ever?’” Ignoring the glare he received, he shrugged. “Really? Aren’t you an English major? Grammar, muchly?”

The petite female rounded on her accoster, driving a hard finger into his chest. “He’s way hotter than your skinny self!” She retorted, eyes snapping up at her admirer. “I’m a chubby chaser, dumbass. Didn’t that ever get through your thick skull in all this time?”

Last edited:

Xyantha Reborn

- Actually Very Tame!
“You lucky…” Chet shook his fist at his host, looking simultaneously happy, disgusted, and depressed. “Are you serious? You hooked up with her? Way to give us a heads up that it was a free for all.” He moved into the apartment, shaking his head.

Chad, on the other hand, pushed his glasses up on his nose with a bashful smile. “Congratulations, Ryan!”

“Thanks?”

Chet whirled, to face the duo, face screwed up. “I mean, what are the chances of finding a girl that hot, who is also into gaming?”

“Ten to one, at least,” Chad answered his tubby twin seriously.

“No way – it’s gotta be way rarer than that. The dude got an epic drop!”

“Yes – but epic drops become more common the more raids you play,” the thin man asserted with confidence.

Identical brown eyes glared at each other from across the room. “You calling me a pussy?”

“I’m saying that you don’t go out on dates – how are you going to get the best drops if you don’t participate?”

Chet’s lips moved for a moment before he smirked. “…You can always buy them….”

Gamer analogies, Ryan grinned ruefully, scrubbing a hand across his newly shaven face. It seemed like he should go to a bit more effort, given the circumstances. Instead of his normal jeans and a t-shirt, he had upgraded to button down. Classier, right? He smoothed a hand across the soft surface absently, still nervous that Erin wouldn’t show. It wasn’t as if he had given a great showing that first night…and she had been so busy at a preparing for, travelling to, then competing in an event across the country that all they could do was text. His pocked vibrated. Speak of the (she)devil…

Blegh traffic is gross. Be there in fiveish. Hope you are hungry!!

Ryan felt his copious stomach flip flop, and his throat bobbed in a hard swallow. The butterflies the past two weeks hadn’t ever fully subsided, making him always a bit too queasy to overindulge. Given how little he had eaten lately, surely he could get away with it on game day?

“Are you seriously going out with her?” The question was more plaintive than angry, this time.

“Yes. I mean, I guess? I mean, I didn’t ask her ‘do you want to be my girlfriend, pinky swear?’.”

Chet tore open his bag of Doritos and munched absently, his round face intent on the other’s face. “You bang her?”

His brother, still disgusted by his earlier comment, glared. “Chet!”

Chooosing not to answer, Ryan rolled his eyes. “Shut up.”

“You totally banged her.” When the door swung open a moment later, Chet gave her a leer and a chin jut. “Sup, Erin.”

Looking slightly unsure as to why she was receiving such an odd look, she blinked, tilted her head, then grinned. “Heyya, weirdo!” she replied with a grin, blowing her bangs out of her face.

Ryan didn’t have to see the flat rectangles clutched in her hands to know what she had hoped he would overindulge in. The rich smell of pepperoni, cheese, and bread immediately overtook the apartment. His traitorous mouth suddenly produced copious saliva as is to lubricate and expedite eating. It had been a mistake to tell her how much he liked pizza…

His girlfriend rose up on tiptoes to press her lips into his as he took the stack from her hands. When Chet made a gagging sound behind them, and she cheerily raised the middle finger on her right hand in a salute. “I wasn’t sure what kind of pizza you guys liked, so I got a cheese, a double cheese, meat lovers, and meat lovers with extra meat. I thought that covered all the major food groups.”

“You are a goddess!” Chet exclaimed, ignoring Ryan’s pointed glare to raise the lid of the topmost box.

“How was your competition?” Chad asked politely, remembering their conversation from the last game. His brother, a slice of pizza already clenched between his teeth, nodded in agreement to the question, making the thinner of the two roll his eyes in exasperation.

The blond was bent over at the waist, knees straight, undoing her runners. At the query, she turned her face up to beam at him. “Great! We won, but Steve hurt his ankle...he wont be able to dance for a few weeks at least.”

Not having another guy try and fondle her while he watched? Oh, the horror.“Ah, that’s too bad.”

Paul walked in, heavily burdened with the pop and chips. Chet moved to help, casting a wistful glance over his shoulder. “So – you and Ryan, eh?”

Her lips fought a grin back as she wrapped her arms around Ryan’s wide waist. Her arms sank several inches into the soft flesh, and she let out a happy sigh. “Uh huh.”

“Great. But careful, don’t let him keep holding those pizzas, or he will eat an entire one by himself,” Paul grinned, a hint of jealousy in his tone as he kicked off his shoes.

Erin’s eyes glittered, and a pale brow rose. “Promise?” Her left hand rose to stroke his gut from sternum to belly button.

Ryan flushed, but Chet’s mouth dropped open. “She is an epic drop,” His friend whispered in blatant disbelief.

The blonde tossed her hair over her shoulder. “Are we talking WOW? Because if so, epics have gotten much more common lately. I’d prefer to think of my drop rate as - legendary.

His smirking gaze became awed. “Ryan…I want one!”

Paul rolled his eyes as he padded through the apartment. “Don’t we all.”

Ryan bent his head to kiss her forehead. “I missed you.” He yelped as a cold hand squeezed his side, having snuck under his shirt.

“Missed you more,” she murmured.

The scent of fresh strawberries washed over him as he cautiously slanted his lips across hers.

“Sorry if I embarrassed you,” she whispered, face twisting with mild regret.

He was shaking his head before his brain kicked in. He did kind of mind…but then, did he? “It’s all good. I will end up eating one of those pizzas to myself, anyway…”

She snorted. “Right – you’re going to eat an extra large pizza all to yourself?”

How did she think he had gotten to this size in the first place? His gaze focused on her flushed face as she pressed her hips into his leg.

“I brought different ones than the last time,” she whispered, knees rubbing together like a shy child. “So...want to spend some quality time together after everybody else leaves?”

Last edited:

Xyantha Reborn

- Actually Very Tame!
“What are you thinking of getting?”

Official introductions had just been made, but he was terrible with names. Ryan believed that the leanly muscular fellow with the Jamaican accent who just spoke was Cliff. “I don’t know. I am torn between the salmon bento and the tempura dinner.”

“Why don’t you get both?” The feigned innocence in her tone made Jeremy snicker softly from behind his menu. They were seated on either side of him, which somehow bolstered his confidence.

“Quiet, you.” They both snickered again from either side of him and Ryan flipped his menu around to point at the bottom right pane. “There are enough of us – why don’t we get all you can eat?” And that way, he reassured himself, his eating would be less noticed. He already felt like a sperm whale among dolphins.

“Makes sense,” Cliff drawled, closing his menu. “I’m not picky, order a bunch of things and we will all try it.”

Blinking, Ryan looked up. “You’ve never had sushi?” Out of the twelve people at the table, the only ones who had eaten sushi besides himself were Erin, Jeremy, and Steve. “Wow – I kind of feel obliged to give you the full experience, now!” The latter of the trio was in a foul mood – one of the quiet silences of a truly angry man. Apparently, however, it wasn’t unusual, because no one paid him much mind as the food began to trickle in.

“I think sitting between you two was a bad decision.” What had started off as a feeling of bolstered support suddenly began to feel like predators closing in, as their attention focused on him.

“Nonsense,” both replied in unison, then leaned around his body to grin at each other. “You said that they needed the full sushi experience,” Jeremy added, his cup of green tea only half hiding his grin. In front of the group was tempura, sushi, sashimi, sushi pizza, wontons, fried calamari, miso soup, salad, several rolls, and assorted teriyakis.

Error one: assuming that a dozen people would eat a dozen people’s worth of food

Error two: assuming that he wouldn’t end up overdoing it

The problem with really good sushi places was that the food was delicious. His personal favourite was salmon sushi, and he tried to pace himself from that particular by nibbling from all the dishes as the table talked. Salty edamame and delicately sweet coconut shrimp passed his lips as the troupe talked about an upcoming competition. As a fusion restaurant, he freely partook in the gyoza and dumplings that came, not failing to neglect the vegetable and shrimp tempura while they were still hot.

The only ones at the table who seemed to be truly eating were Cliff and Steve – the former with delight, the latter with a brooding air. “So how did you get into dancing?” Ryan asked, desperate to keep the conversation from himself or his hobbies. A director of network who went home and played videogames in the dark, only getting minimal social time through tabletop roleplaying was not something he wanted to expound on. Particularly when the men in this group had done so many cool things; Cliff travelled the world to surf, the redhead skydived…

Making appropriate noises of interest, the pieces of wood delicately lifted salmon, whitefish, butter tuna, surf clam, shrimp. He could not talk when his mouth was full, and the conversation always skipped him. No one was eating the rolls, and he sighed in resignation.

“Isn’t anyone going to eat the rolls, or the second order of sushi?” he asked the table at large.

“I’m full,” one of them proclaimed, having eaten a seaweed salad, a miso soup, and four pieces of sushi.

The others concurred, and Ryan stared at them in dawning horror. Turning to glare at the man next to him, he hissed; “You could have warned me that no one ate anything!” One by one, the group got up and threw down their money before drifting out.

“And miss the hot spectacle of you gorging yourself?”

“I can’t eat this all by myself!” At least thirty pieces of sushi remained on the table, with a charge of a dollar per piece uneaten. An internal assessment of his tank revealed and a long history of judging food quantities told him he had room for ten, perhaps fifteen of those pieces. Most of which were the salmon sushi he had been holding out on.

Jeremy reached a hand below the table and smoothed a hand along his stomach, from the firm upper part of his stomach to his sides. Finishing off by grasping a hearty handful, he winked. “I bet you can.” Raising his voice, he learned over to wink at Erin. “Erin, your man is about to let us down on the sushi front.”

“What?” Erin leaned over, slapping at his hand. “Get your hands off him, you old pervert!”

Jeremy pouted, then raised a piece of sushi in his chopsticks. “Oh, shall I not do this, then?” and he slipped the piece into Ryan’s open mouth – open because he had been about to protest further.

“Ooooh,” Erin exhaled, slapping at him again. “Don’t you try and use my kink against me! The only one who gets to feed him is me! You are going to eat a little more, aren’t you?” She asked, her tone suddenly wistful.

Her tone was so entreating how could he refuse? Yet, when he extended his hand forward, only four pieces remained. Startled, he glanced up at the last man left at the table.

Steven glared at him, cheeks bunching, his skin sweaty. “Thanks for the meal. See you on Thursday,” he added to Jeremy and Erin. As he stood, Erin’s attention seemed to be caught. Following her gaze, Ryan blinked at the site of the taut middle, pushing out above unbuttoned jeans. The muscular man’s shirt was so fitted that it had slid above the curve, baring several inches of shiny skin.

“S- see you,” Erin called after him, looking rather perplexed.

Jeremy gave him a look full of meaning, shaking his head. “Not good,” Ryan thought he muttered.

Xyantha Reborn

- Actually Very Tame!
Something was off about Steven. Ryan hadn’t had the opportunity to come back in several weeks, and he was trying to figure out what it was. The man was sweating more, breathing harder, and seemed to be struggling to keep up. Rather than his hands busily groping Erin, he seemed to be hitching at his pants more.

And Erin was no longer pushing the fiend away as she had before.

Ryan bit into the donut Jeremy had offered with the cheeky grin and comment of, “Have one. Have two. Have a dozen, hot stuff.”

It only struck him what was different when the team took a break. Ryan was just coming out of the bathroom, and saw with surprise that the dancer scarfed several of the donuts before chugging a coke – every other time, it had been carrot sticks and water. It wasn’t just the food situation that was different, either.

“Come on, fatty,” Jeremy was telling his heretofore slim dancer, poking a finger into the buttery soft later of fat that bulged subtly above his tight pants. “Get your shit together.”

Steve, in the middle of chewing his fourth donut, scowled. “Uck oo,” he growled, picking up a fifth. “I’m hungry, leave me alone.” And damn if he didn’t jam that one in, too . It wasn’t just Jeremy that had noticed, Ryan realized with growing horror. His girlfriend’s eye kept returning to that strip of soft flesh that grew more exposed as the dancer’s waistband literally rolled underneath it, their tightness against his hips making the bulge above them all more apparent.

“You might want to ease up on the donuts,” Erin offered tentatively. “You’re going to make it even harder on yourself…”

“Why? Do you think I’ve gotten fat?” Steven sneered, and he pressed her hand into his stomach.

“You wish,” Erin sniffed. “Your ass is still skinny as hell. You’ll have to eat more than a few donuts, given the way you exercise. Besides, you have a dad gut. That’s gross.”

It was true. Steven was far from fat – especially compared to his own soft body. It would take a lot more donuts to catch Erin’s…

A sharp exhale puffed from his nose as the tumblers in his head suddenly stopped. “Shit,” he muttered, gobsmacked. “Is he doing what I think he is doing?” He demanded of Jeremy.

“You mean trying to gain weight to draw Erin’s attention away?” was the tight question in return. The older man slanted his eyes at him, lips firming.

*~*~*

Stay afterwards. Take a walk around the block and come back. Don’t tell Erin.

The brief message from Jeremy had perplexed him, but apparently not enough to prevent him from complying. A sweet kiss from Erin, a quick walk to the Tim’s across the road, and he was back inside Flight Of Fancy.

The older man was puttering, putting away equipment that did not look as if it was out of place. When he heard the heavy steps and breathing at the door, he smiled. “Okaerinasai.”

A grin tugged at his lips. The old guy had remembered he loved anime. “Tadaima,” he responded, putting his coffee on the table pushed into the corner. Rubbing suddenly damp hands against the denim of his jeans, he shrugged. “What’s up?”

A soft, long exhalation fluttered out of his mouth, and Jeremy tilted his head this way and that. He looked very much like a bird at that moment, with his thick head of silvered hair glinting in the harsh studio light and his intent expression. “You are not stupid.”

A bark of laughter escaped him, and Ryan shoved his fists into his pockets with a snort. “Thank you? I think?”

Swaying towards him with a panther’s grace, the other man rolled his eyes before poking a hard finger into the soft tissue between them. “I can see how envious you are of the team. And I can see that you see what Steven is doing. I can also see that you are fat - ”

“Brilliant observation.” When the other man’s eyes slitted, the heavyset man felt rather ashamed. It wasn’t Jeremy’s fault he was fat, that Steven was acting like a douche, or that he was jealous of him.

“- meaning,” the other man’s voice deepened for a moment in an irritated growl, “that you need a dance instructor versed in teaching heavyset individuals. Who understands wear and tear on the joints, who can adapt the movements to be safe, and who knows what a heavy man can do while looking sexy and not foolish.”

Flinty eyes stared at him as thick shoulders hiked. “I can’t dance.”

“Yet.”

The idea of shaking his fat gut out on that floor filled him with dread – otherwise known as acid reflux. At best he would look like a real life flubber, and at worst he might literally break a leg. Clearing his throat, he tried to smile. “Maybe I should start with something more simple – like walking more.”

“No.”

No?” His incredulous voice rang out in the empty studio, disproportionately loud to the rest of their conversation.

Rather then being offended, the other man inhaled deeply and crossed his muscular arms across his muscular chest. He might be svelte, but those muscles were from a lifetime of use, not an hour in the gym. “Not used to being naysaid, are you?”

“Jeremy, I’m flattered - ”

Ignoring his protests, the older man grasped his chin. “No you’re not. Your horrified, mildly offended, and just a spice of enticed.”

As a grown man, as a director in his field, Ryan had to admit he was not used to being denied. Or bullied. Which is rather what this felt like. And yes, that was a fair assessment of how he felt. And he would be damned if he let the other man know.

Releasing his grip, Jeremy placed both hands on his shoulders, his slate eyes searching the stormy pair in front of him. “And you are afraid to lose Erin.”

A convulsive swallow was the only response he gave for a long moment, before a grudging head nod was finally bestowed. She liked his body – but she loved dancing. And Steven had figured out he could be the best of both worlds.

A brief squeeze to his shoulders was interrupted by a deep, genial voice.

“Good evening, my love. How am I not surprised to find you enraptured by a younger man? I fear I seethe with jealousy.”

The man’s accented voice held only amusement, but Ryan instinctively twisted to greet the newcomer, eyes wide with anxiety, words of denial on his lips.

The stranger was at least as heavy as himself, with powerful arms and legs supporting a wide middle that took up every spare inch of his soft button down. A thick but short beard masked the details of what would have been an impressive double chin, leaving only a wide face to match the broad grin on his face.

The other man flicked his eyes up from his own perusal, one dark brow flaring briefly. “He is your type, no?”

“A bit young, jittery and self-conscious for my tastes,” Jeremy huffed. “I prefer my men older, steady, and confident as fuck. Which you know, Alejandro.”

Alejandro raised his arms out from his body beatifically, “Bueno. Of course. And I have arrived to retrieve my wayward pup. I find myself…famished.” The last word was whispered, a clear double entendre with his eyes fastened on the crotch of his partner, while one hand gently rubbed his belly.

“I always…rise…to the challenge.”

The other man’s grinned widened, eyes hooded with lust.

Sucking in a breath that filled his lungs and raised his belly, Ryan cast an awkward smile between the two as he backed up. “Ah, nice to meet you, Alejandro. I’m Ryan. Erin’s girlfriend. I’ll, ah, leave you two to it!” His eyes flew open as he lost his balance, and his adams apple bobbed beneath the layer of fat on his neck as the fat man effortlessly caught his elbow until he regained his balance.

“No – you must stay. How else will I teach you to dance?” Again, that brow flicked up, and he cast an amused look at his lover. “Jeremy will make himself useful obtaining sustenance for us. And we shall talk.” His smile deepened, teeth flashing against the blackness of his beard. “Remember, dearling, you have two mouths to feed.”

Last edited:

Xyantha Reborn

- Actually Very Tame!
He might as well have announced to a child they could open presents after eating breakfast – the other man fairly flew out of the door, a chuckle the only thing lingering in the air.

“Now. Come. Let me see you.”

As a child, Ryan recalled visiting Canada’s Wonderland and seeing a 3-D puppet show, and the movie characters talked to them on the screen. Although disembodied from the film, having the characters talk to him made him feel somehow more involved. This felt rather similar, he mused as he was steered towards the wall of mirrors. Like he was being talked at as he watched the movie, unable to alter its outcome.

“Very handsome,” Alejandro murmured, touching his chin. “You have lovely eyes. Like melted chocolate.”

Although the man in front of him was far from his type, a flush of heat still rose at the unexpected compliment. “They’re blue.”

“Yes – and soft. Just like your jaw.” And the other man gently pinched his double chin! Smirking, he skimmed his palms down his arms and then squatted to feel his legs. “Hmm. No muscle.”

He felt rather like livestock being examined, and the words bolted from his mouth like a runaway horse. “Of course not. I’m fat.” The other man wordlessly offered his own thick bicep, and the only thing he could manage was a weak “Oh.” Although covered in a layer of softness, the thick, hard muscle under it was unmistakable.

“We love food, and our lovers love that we love food. That does not mean all we do is eat. We need a strong frame – stronger than the average man. You think the weak little sprites Jeremy teaches could carry a hundred pounds and move as we do? No. I think not. This is why I will be the one to teach you,” he added with no small amount of confidence.

A deprecating laugh echoed weakly in the empty room. “I guess I don’t have a choice.”

The other man took his hands and moved closer. “You always have a choice. You could leave – but you want to surprise your little Erin, yes? You want to be on this floor, with her in your arms, instead of that little bug Steven, no?” When no response came, he chuckled. “Now. You must always play to your strengths. Can you imagine us leaping about like frijoles saltarines like Jeremy’s students? Of course not. We are heavy – we are grounded.”

Blue eyes followed his companion’s thick form, widening in surprise as the other man moved about the floor, arms and legs suddenly powerful, graceful, and purposeful. It was as if he had shed fifty pounds as he stepped with confidence and grace, arms up as if holding an invisible partner.

“For example, the rumba. Controlled, graceful, powerful movements. A gorgeous partner. Use your strength and girth to showcase your prize.” Dark eyes turned towards the door with a mischievous glint. “Ah, you have returned. Come, partner with my friend, Jeremy.”

The fox drifted closer after depositing his food on the table, a look of anticipation on his face.

Drifting to the table to inspect the food, the heavy snorted as he lifted a donut from the box. “This is what you bring me?” he sighed, teeth closing around the pastry with a dainty snip. “Hands on his shoulders, Ryan. Closer. Closer!” fingers snapped. “Are you afraid to touch him? You look like a boy at his first school dance. CLOSER!”

The scent of the other man was distracting, and the touch of another male felt both wrong and titillating. “I can’t!” He protested, looking anywhere but at the man in his arms. If I get any closer my gut will touch him!”

Alejandro snorted as Jeremy laughed aloud. “That is the point, no? The ebb, the flow, the sway – the rubbing of your belly against her as she moves….it is like sex on the dance floor for our partners. My friend, that is the point. Use your strengths! Now, closer!”

If someone had asked him what his most intimate areas were, Ryan would have answered nuts, dick, face. In that order. Somehow, at some point, his round belly had become an intimate, sensitive part of his body. There was something oddly private about it, despite it shoving itself into the world to be noticed. You can look, but you can’t touch sort of thing.

The man in front of him was professional, focused, and the only heated glances he sent was to his sexual partner. But that didn’t make it any easier to stifle the erection growing in his jeans as they swayed and at times, touched. To do this with Erin…

His lids closed, and when they reopened, they gleamed with determination, his firmed jaw imperceptible under the layer of softness. If he could learn this, maybe he could keep her attention. Potato chips and RPGs were not enough to keep a woman of her caliber interested.

Xyantha Reborn

- Actually Very Tame!
Steven called in sick for the next several practices. Ryan knew about it because, of course, his girlfriend was worried about the douche. After four weeks of no shows, she finally caved and called her irritating team mate. “He said he is going to give up dancing,” she fretted as she cuddled with him in bed. “I’m going to see him and see if he is ok tomorrow.”

“Do you mind if I come?’

She raised her head from his shoulder, golden hair tumbling around her face. Brushing it aside, a small line appeared between her brows. “Why, don’t you trust me?” She asked as she rose to go the bathroom.

“Of course I trust you,” he said, sincerely hoping he was preventing the thought of Steven screwing her from seeping into his voice.

The toilet flushed, the water ran, and the door opened. “Good – then I will see you tomorrow, after I am done visiting him.”

Not “Cool.” He muttered, desperately casting about for a way to change the subject, and to keep her here a while longer. “Hey, have you noticed I’ve been working out my arms?” he finally blurted, making a fist. The top of his bicep barely rose, and he chuckled as he let it fall.

“Actually, I have,” Erin purred, stalking across the bed on hands and knees. She gently kneaded the proffered muscle. “Me likes a lot. I’ve always been one who likes ‘compare and contrast’. I like extremes,” she added as the other hand gently made contact with the softest part of his belly.

Her hands felt lovely on his sore muscles, and he groaned as her skilled hands made their way into his hair and down his neck. “Me too. I love the dichotomy between a curvy female warrior and a chainmail bikini.” He snapped the elastic on her panties and grinned at her resulting giggle.

“Ere you calling me curvy?” she demanded playfully, a pout making her lower lip protrude enough for him to nibble.

She was curvy. And sexy. And everything womanly. And there was no way he was falling into that age old trap. “Are you interested in wearing a chainmail bikini?” he countered.

Her nose wrinkled as their eyes met. An impish gleam replaced the hesitation. “Sure. When you take me to GenCon next year.”

“Dear gods, woman, you are literally the sexiest thing on earth. A bargain has been struck!” he exclaimed as he rolled her onto her back and kissed her neck. “Why don’t you stay here the night?” he murmured, her skin soft against his lips.

Although she hummed in pleasure and writhed against him, she shook her head. “I can’t, not if I am going to make it to Steven’s by noon.”

Right.

Right.

Time to ask Alejandro when he was ready to try his moves with Erin.

*~*~*

“Fucking Steven!” Slamming the bottom of his fist into his cupboard, he roared out his emotional anguish – only to choke it back. Even as his hand throbbed, and his glasses within the cupboard hummed in distress, dozens of black shapes fell on the counter. Horrified, he stumbled backwards, catching himself on the wall. The things seemed just as startled, scurrying back up the backsplash.

“It’s ok, they wont jump out at you…” He reassured himself as he bent his head down to investigate under the cupboard. One of the bugs waved lazy antenna, and he gave a most unmanly squeal of horror. It beelined towards the backspash, and crawled upwards.

“Right. Right,” he breathed, puffing as his heart jackhammered in his chest. He bent down to see if any more were hanging out, and he blinked. “What the?” The entire cupboard was not actually physically adhered to the wall. The entire thing stood about a quarter inch off the wall. He stared at the dark space, shuddering.

“It’s fine. It’s fine. Maybe they are woodboring beetles,” he said aloud, his voice abnormally high. “No need to panic, no need to panic. “As long as they aren’t silver fish, it should be fine. Gotta save the role playing books,” he chuckled without humour.

Turning the corner, he went to flick on a light switch and gaped in horror. One of the things was sitting on the cover, waving it’s little antenna merrily. It didn’t look like a woodborer. It looked like a beetle. Stealthily – for if he moved slowly, it would not suspect – he reached into the supply closet, pulling out Windex. “I got you, you little shit!” he snarled, squirting. “AhHH! Ahh!” He shrieked as it fell to the floor, writhing. “No, no, no!” A squirt followed each word until the thing stopped moving, it’s legs slowly detaching from it’s body. Leaning forward, he swore, shooting upright.

“Oh my god, it’s a cockroach, it’s a cockroach!” Snatching up his phone, he stood in the middle of the room, giving stink eye to all of his own furniture. “Chad, Chad, Chad, Chad!”

“Yes, yes, yes, yes?” It was a better response than the ‘that’s what she said’ that his brother would have given.

They could be everywhere! “I think I have coachroaches. I punched the cupboard in the kitchen and a whole bunch fell down and then I turned around and there was one on my lightswitch and I almost touched it oh my god do cockroaches eat books or glue and are my books safe – ”

There was rustling on the other end of the phone. “It’s pretty rare that you’d see a cockroach out and about. They tend to be quite savvy, little city slickers. And – ”
Damn entomologists. “How would I know if it’s a cockroach and not another bug?” Ryan demanded.

“Send me a picture. Did they bolt, fast as they could when you turned the lights on?”

“They kind of ran, but not super fast,” he muttered, grunting as he bent down around his belly to snap a picture of the bug.”

“And the one on the lightswitch – it ran when you turned the light on?”

“Kind of. The one I killed – the light was already on and it didn’t move until I sprayed it with Windex. You get it?”

“Yes. Oh,” Chad sighed heavily. “Poor things…”

“CHAD THEY ARE IN MY PLACE!”

“No need to yell,” was the reproach. “Cockroaches tend to be pretty leery of people, and tend to only come out when people aren’t around – usually when the lights are off. Maybe it’s a carpet beetle, or a boring beetle? Do you have a picture?” There was a pause as the requested items was procured and sent.

Ryan waited with baited breath, switching the phone to his other ear.

“Yeah – no – ”

Thank God…

“Yep. That’s a Blattella germanica.”

He stared at the puddle of moisture on the floor with it’s victim still dead and centre. “What is that?”

“It’s called the German cockroach – though with the way the world is today, it’s found pretty much everywhere thanks to globalization.”

“I’m literally shitting myself right now, Chad. I don’t care what it’s latin name is. I hate bugs. What do I do to get rid of them? Should I clean the place top to bottom, would that work?” He could nearly hear the other man shake his head through the phone.

“Coackroaches are one of those insects that are survivors. They are omnivores – meat, cheese, starches, vegetables. Anything will do. Even a single crumb is enough to feed several of them. And if there is no food, they can even eat glue and soap. And if there is absolutely no food, they just eat each other.”

Vomit rose into his mouth, and he gagged as the other man continued.

“They also have a very fast reproductive cycle. A single female can lay hundreds of eggs, and – ”

He wanted to scream at his friend to shut up, but instead shuddered and focused on keeping his voice calm. “So cleaning wont work?”

“No – I mean, you live in an apartment building. A single crumb in any apartment would explode the population, and there is the garbage chute and the bins to keep them full, even if every single unit was spotless. I mean, you can make it less likely for them to visit by keeping your place spotless, but it wont stop them. The building would have to fumigate, so I’d go talk to your landlord.”

Great. Just great. “Thanks for nothing, man…”

“No problem. Wish it could have been better news for you. Oh hey – do you think I could come by and study their population? I could - ”

Goodbye, Chad.”

agouderia

Library Girl
Staff member
Library Mod
Moved back to the Recent Additions.
Admittedly, I'm very happy to see this one come back out of abandonment Xyantha!

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
I'm also happy to see this picked back up! (On this one I ended up re-skimming the whole story. It has been a while since the beginning -- but still delighted to see it carry on)

Xyantha Reborn

- Actually Very Tame!
There was only so much one could do with, or expect from a landlord when one was a rental tenant.

Not having an infestation of critters was one of his few expectations, and Ryan found himself sorely aggrieved by his landlord’s sheer denial that there was an issue.

She had looked up from her papers, wattle of skin hanging off her thin neck. “There are no rrroaches in my building,” she rolled her rs in some sort of European accent. You must be mistaken.”

Even after bringing her a tiny corpse as proof, her only response was a dismissive, “It is a beetle. There are no rrroaches in my building.”

He frequently found himself standing in the middle of his living room, paranoid to sit on his own furniture. Every spec of food had been removed from his place, the fridge cleaned, the microwave thrown out. It felt like he was being stalked and harassed. Just when he thought he had solved an issue and could relax, he had walked into the bathroom, lifted the toilet lid, and found one of the buggers under the lid.

He was not sure if his retching over the past two weeks was because he had found one crawling on his dinner plate and toothbrush, or if it was psychosomatic.

And Chet was not helping.

“Twenty,” he mumbled through the mouthful of chips, carelessly brushing a crumb from his sleeve onto the floor.

Blue eyes followed the specs, every hair on his arm rising. “You hit,” he responded, barely able to focus for fear the bugs would crawl out and show his guests how disgusting he was.

Erin frowned, casting curious glances his way. She tried to be subtle, but that blue gaze kept returning to him sidelong. She knew he was upset, but when her fourth attempt at asking if he was met with snapped “I’m fine!” she subsided.

He wanted to shout that it was not her fault that this was going to be the last game. That his entire social circle was about to be disbanded. That this was the last night he was going to have people over. That he had not slept well in the last three days because every time his sheet caught a hair on his leg, every time a draft ghosted his skin, he awoke desperately patting at himself, pulling off his covers to examine the bed inch by inch for tiny black shapes.

It was unusual for Erin not to stay later, if only to assist with the cleanup efforts. Not only was she beautiful, she was both a gamer and incredibly kind. That kindness made it difficult not to respond the hurt expression that crossed over face when he told her, “Sorry, not tonight. I’m really tired.”

Swallowing whatever she had been about to say, she flashed a small, white smile. Her long, silky ponytail draped to the side as she tiled her head, examining him with a wistful, playful air. “Alright. I was just hoping to spend some time with you, because I haven’t been around as much the past few days…”

And every fibre of his being wished she could stay too. But the idea of her walking in on roaches in the bathroom during one of her late-night urinations made ever fibre of his being revolt even more so. “Sorry, babe. How about we grab dinner tomorrow night?” Far, far away from this hellhole.

Frowning yet again, she crossed her arms over her stomach, straightening. “I mean, sure. Sounds great.”

Great. He was making her upset.

“Oh, can you take this to the car, Chet? I forgot something!” Chad announced as he watched Erin walk away with Paul.

Chet grumbled, but took his brother’s gaming bag, dice tower, and the bag of food which Ryan had strenuously asked them to get out of his house on the pretense he would eat all of it and make himself sick.

Stepping back through the door, Chad shut the door behind him quietly. “You feeling alright?” His eyes, made larger than life by his prescription, examined his friend critically.

“No. I feel like shit. I haven’t slept properly in days. I can’t eat here without feeling like I am going to vomit. And I can’t have another game here like this – I can’t DM if I am terrified a roach will crawl out! You know how much I hate bugs!”

Chad pushed his glasses up his nose with an index finger. “You look like shit,” he agreed. “You just noticed them this week, though. Surely the infestation can’t be that bad.”

Pivoting on his heel – something he would not have been able to execute before dance classes – he stalked into his kitchen and slapped a heavy hand against the cupboard door. Those dance classes were the only thing that was keeping him sane and out of his own head the past few days. Even if every muscle in his entire body ached from doing several sessions back to back.

Several dozen black shapes fell, struggled to right themselves, and quickly darted back up to the safety of the darkness.

Turning to his friend, Ryan gave him a bleak glance. “Dude, I can’t keep living here. I just can’t.”

“I don’t want to harsh your buzz but statistically speaking most apartment buildings in the city have cockroaches – most buildings regularly fumigate the key areas they breed so that they are kept under control. You can move, but it might not get rid of your issue.” The shorter man gazed up at him, expression characteristically serios. “Not to mention you might even take some with you if you move.”

Saliva flooded his mouth and Ryan gagged, shuddered, and then gagged again. “Is there any way to prevent that?”

Chad shrugged. “I only saw the one species, but you might have others. If you want to be paranoid? Freeze everything for 48 hours. Box it up, tape every inch of it shut so they cannot easily get water. Leave it sealed for two months. That would kill any adults and any offspring that could hatch.”

“What about my computer? Couch? Books?”

“For your books and computer? Seal them up in the same way. Roaches can live a long while without food but they cannot last as long without water. Anything that cannot be frozen or fit in a box? Garbage. By the way, that’s one way that roaches spread. When you put your couch out, some resident in your building will probably go out and bring it back to their apartment.”

That was disgusting. He had seen it happen before, but had never thought of infestation implications. He nodded eagerly, his double chin shifting under the motion. Anything for his books. “If I did that, would you take my boxes so I know they are safe?”

The younger man nodded. “Of course. I’ll keep them in my room so that Chet doesn’t open them.”

Thank gods. The idea of opening one of his no-longer-in-print role playing editions and having roaches flood our had been one of his reoccurring nightmares. “Thanks man, I owe you one.”

“No problem. Maybe apologize to Erin, though? You were a bit of an ass tonight. Grumpy at the least.”

Yeah, he had been. Closing the door behind his friend, he leaned his heavy frame against it, a huge inhale expanding his chest and belly before they fell as he exhaled. Pulling out his phone, he texted her. Sorry I wasn’t myself tonight. Work has been really stressful and I am tired and grouchy. I shouldn’t have taken it out on you.

Xyantha Reborn

- Actually Very Tame!
*~*~*

“You look like death,” Alejandro announced as his pupil dragged his sorry ass into his studio. His student’s hair was ruffled, he had the beginnings of a unkempt beard, and his clothes looked dishevelled. The younger man might be heavyset, but he always appeared put together, even if not fashionable. “You are also late.”

It was the worse of the two crimes, and Ryan grimaced before apologizing, his chubby cheeks hiking up for a moment. He sank onto the bench with a deep groan, then another groan as he bent over to switch his shoes. He paused when dark hands arrested his motion. Raising his gaze, he saw his mentor was kneeling in front of him, eyeing in closely. “I said I was sorry, Alejandro…”

The other man’s nostrils flared in a light snort. “Did you and Erin break up?”

Startled, he reared back. “Wait. What? No!” Paranoia rocked him, and he searched the fleshy face in front of him desperately. “What have you heard?”

“Nothing, nothing. You look deeply unhappy. That is all.”

The idea of telling the dapper man in front of him that he had a roach infestation was about as palatable as putting a piece of cat shit in his mouth. What would Alejandro think of him? Of his habits, and his cleanliness? “I’ve had to put in a lot of overtime at work.” To avoid my roach problem. “I haven’t been getting a lot of sleep.” Because of my roach problem. “And I’ve been having to eat more fast food so my diet has been crap.” Because I can’t eat in my own home for fear I’ll drop a crumb.

The other man stood, shoving his thick hands into his trouser pockets. His broad belly was perfectly ensconced in a suit vest, his strong arms showcased by the white sleeves of his dress shirt. He regarded Ryan for a long moment before shaking his head. “No. This will not do. Our session tonight is cancelled.”

He found himself rearing to his feet, then was surprised at himself. Only a few weeks ago he would have had to grunt, rock, and maybe push himself up with a hand. “I’m fine, really!”

Alejandro slipped his index finger into his suit jacket, tossing it over his shoulder with an unconscious grace that characterized every moment of his existence. “Psh. I am too tired and hungry teach and to dance tonight. You will come home and have dinner with Jeremy and I.”

“I couldn’t impose!”

A phone was already being pressed to his ear. “Erin is family to Jeremy. That makes you family. No, I will not hear any objection. Ah, my love. You are preparing dinner, yes? Famished, as always. Yes.” He smiled, one side of his mouth hiking farther than the other. “Of course. Yes. I am calling to let you know Ryan will be joining us. Of course he is hungry.” His smirk widened into a grin, and he winked at the other man, who was nervously wringing his hands. “I would not have it any other way. Yes. We will be there soon. Ciao.”

The decision certainly had seemed to have been removed from his purview. “Erm, thank you.”

One wide hand was placed on the door, opening it so the other man could exit. “Thank Jeremy – he is a fantastic chef.” As the exited and began walking – or rather strolling – down the street, dark eyes kept returning to his companion. “So. Have you told Erin you are practicing, yet?”

The evening breeze felt fantastic on his overheated skin, and the night lights contrasted sharply with the darkness of the shadows. “No. I wanted to surprise her – do you think I am ready?”

“But of course. I am your teacher.”

What he wouldn’t give to have that unflappable confidence! “When should I do it? I want it to be romantic. Maybe after dinner, sometime?”

“Fuck romance.” It was the first time Alejandro had sworn. At least in English. He did mutter in another language a fair bit. “It isn’t about romance. It is about flare. You are not doing this to woo her – you are doing this to stake a claim, no? You must do it in front of everyone!” His broad hand swept the air in front of him decisively. “You must take her by storm. In front of that gnat. Crush out every hope he has. He relies on his grace to woo her.”

His snort cut the air. “He used to. Then he seemed to really realize that Erin likes fat guys, and started packing on the pounds and playing hookie to make Erin worry. She’s spent just as much time with him as with me, lately.”

The normally genial smile the other man had transformed into something darker. “You are trying to beat him at his game – he is trying to beat you at yours. Do you know what the difference is, my friend?”

That was a good question. Steven seemed better looking, but that somehow did not feel as though it was the correct answer. “Um. Erin’s already with me?” He finally hazarded.

“No. No! Steven was fit, and is becoming fat. He has stopped dancing, no? You are fat, and becoming fit – yet can still be fatter than him. You see?”

No. No he did not. A hand on his shoulder turned him to face his companion, who was regarding him with the air of one who has had a brilliant idea.

Alejandro took his right hand, sliding it down the warm side of his belly with a slow ease. Upon reaching the crest of the swell around his navel, he slipped his fingers deep under the overhang, massaging. His eyes glinted in his tan skin, his white teeth flashing. “You are going to impress her with your dancing. Steven thinks he can impress her by eating a few donuts? Bah. You can easily out eat him. Become…plumper.” Those fingers gently jiggled their prize before stealing deeper under the swell of fat, balancing it into his palm as his thumb slowly edged his shirt up, exposing the pale flesh. “Yes?”

He was not into fat guys. He was not into Alejandro. Yet there was something incredibly erotic and embarrassing about having his body handled with such confidence. It was so shocking that he did not even think to bat the man’s hands away or protest. Get even fatter? He had been fighting his middle age spread and failing for a long while now! The other man had worked his shirt up over his navel, and the air made goosebumps spread over his skin.

The other man took his silence for doubt, adding his other hand to the caress, walking them back, finger by finger along the soft sweep of his love hands. “My friend. Let me show you tonight how just the act of over indulging can send your partner into writhing ecstasy. How as you swell out of your clothes, their lust will swell. How the sensual act of eating is nearly an act of sex itself. How surrendering to their lusts gives you control. ” His hands disappeared, the shirt was tugged back down, and a firm pat finished his speech. “Now, come, to dinner before I melt away!”

Latest posts