The Introduction Thread Part 2

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Sir Jeffrey

Hello. I checked this place out about a week and decided to join up. I'm recently retired, been involved in music most of my life and an avid reader. I enjoy cooking and fine wine. I'm not going to write up a biography here, just wanted to say "hi".

DragonFly

Ahem Prema
Staff member
Global Moderator
DM Supporter
Hello. I checked this place out about a week and decided to join up. I'm recently retired, been involved in music most of my life and an avid reader. I enjoy cooking and fine wine. I'm not going to write up a biography here, just wanted to say "hi".
Welcome Sir Jeffrey, glad you decided to join the fun. If you have any questions, I might be able to help, I’m one of the boards moderators.

Saxphon

Well my summer is shaping up to be pretty exciting, I booked my first trip to NY, and I just started working at my local historical park. I play a 1920s lady, so I get to play ukulele and cross stitch/crochet all day while teaching guests about life in the 20s! I was also just cast in two operas this summer, so I’m about to be very busy doing what I love! :D
Which two Operas will you be performing in and have you done either one before (even cast in a different part of the Opera)?

Luthien

Which two Operas will you be performing in and have you done either one before (even cast in a different part of the Opera)?
I am doing the chorus in Carmen, which I’ve done before. Carmen is actually my voice type so I’ve learned all of her arias and use them for auditions and such, but I don’t think modern companies are going to cast a Carmen this curvy lol
The other one is brand new, it was written as a Fringe show and only performed once before. It’s about a quirky choir experiencing Y2K... I play the choir director. It’s going to be funny and weird, perfect for Fringe! :)

thunderdog38

I am doing the chorus in Carmen, which I’ve done before. Carmen is actually my voice type so I’ve learned all of her arias and use them for auditions and such, but I don’t think modern companies are going to cast a Carmen this curvy lol
The other one is brand new, it was written as a Fringe show and only performed once before. It’s about a quirky choir experiencing Y2K... I play the choir director. It’s going to be funny and weird, perfect for Fringe! :)

As previously stated I love Carmen that sounds fantastic and I hope you have fun doing it.

DragonFly

Ahem Prema
Staff member
Global Moderator
DM Supporter
Greetings fat fans!
I’m a fat FA happily married to a SSBBW. Been part of this community a long time. Hope to make friends and have fun.
Welcome welcome welcome! Nice to have you here! Encourage your SSBBW Sweetie to join as well. There are plenty of us supersized ladies for her to get to know!

Saxphon

Carmen is a wonderful piece. Never had the chance, though, to see it live. Just scenes and several 'music only' presentations. It is a shame that they would not cast a 'Carmen' that would have a fuller figure - it might go a long ways to selling the plot. I'm sure you would do a wonderful job as a lead.
I'm a retired music teacher, that plays my Saxophone whenever possible. I've not done any Opera stuff since college, where I was in the chorus for 'La Boeme'. My other important part in that show was the 'Momus' (sp?) mover.
Best of luck with your 'Fringe' show. Please stay in touch....

CiraStarlis

Hi!

New here and want to introduce myself.

I'm 52 years old, 5'8", 185 lbs with some flab here and there, naturally broad-shouldered and tall. Not everyone's cup of tea, but that's ok.

Latest posts