The last movie you watched... and score out of ten - Part 2

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

ChocolateBear

The Incredibles 2. Saw it at a theater in Jacksonville, FL back in October.
Solid 10/10, which is rare for me since I usually find something wrong with every movie I watch.
Great from start to finish. Highly recommend.

wrenchboy

Dark Crimes starring Jim Carey
2 of 10
It is a dark movie as I expected. No humor. Someone else could have played the Jim Carey role. Just was not alot to the role. And beware! There are a couple of rape scenes.

wrenchboy

Bohemian Rhapsody
9 of 10
Fabulous movie! Rami Malik (sp?) was the perfect choice for Freddy.
Don't expect a perfect look a like. And don't expect perfection in acuracy in timelines. Its a movie for entertaining the masses not a biography.

ChocolateBear

Bohemian Rhapsody
9 of 10
Fabulous movie! Rami Malik (sp?) was the perfect choice for Freddy.
Don't expect a perfect look a like. And don't expect perfection in acuracy in timelines. Its a movie for entertaining the masses not a biography.

I need to see that one because when I saw Rami Malek (who I LOVE in Mr. Robot) as Freddie Mercury, it became relevant to my interests. I know there are some who will take "creative liberties" with its accuracy, but they should just enjoy it for what it is.

He just looks like a damn near stunt double for the late great Queen lead singer. It's scary.

Last edited:

wrenchboy

The new Papillon movie 4/10
The classic with Steve McQueen is one of my favorites. In the remake a very important scene was left out that you could only see on the dvd extras. If the scene was left in my rating would have been higher.

BouncingBoy

Formerly known as Dragorat
Just rewatched UHF.I know a lot of folks probably think it's crap but I like craziness & with Weird Al that's what you're gonna get......I give it an 8.5....:)

Still a Skye fan

Normalcy is overrated
I recently saw something called ESCAPE ROOM, which was the only new movie at the theatre which I hadn't seen and looked like it could be mildly interesting.
Anyway, the actors were all no one I recognized and they all did perfectly decent jobs playing their parts.

The plot was something to do with a shadowy organization recruiting "players" to take part in escape rooms, which I'd never heard of before (I'm not a gamer) but I guess that they're real things. Anyway, the escape rooms in the movie are life or death situations, of course. The cluster of players typically don't know or like each other at first then they learn to work together. They all have a secret. There's a survivor or two but nothing gets resolved as the shadowy organization is still there and things are set up for a sequel.

The whole thing sort of reminded me of that 2016 movie, THE BELKO EXPERIMENT, about the shadowy organization forcing office workers to fight to the death.

So, the acting was fine, I found the story engaging at times but the movie leaves you hanging.

I'll rate it a generous 6 out of 10...worth seeing as a matinee or a discount DVD but not much more than that.

BigElectricKat

I recently saw something called ESCAPE ROOM, which was the only new movie at the theatre which I hadn't seen and looked like it could be mildly interesting.
Anyway, the actors were all no one I recognized and they all did perfectly decent jobs playing their parts.

The plot was something to do with a shadowy organization recruiting "players" to take part in escape rooms, which I'd never heard of before (I'm not a gamer) but I guess that they're real things. Anyway, the escape rooms in the movie are life or death situations, of course. The cluster of players typically don't know or like each other at first then they learn to work together. They all have a secret. There's a survivor or two but nothing gets resolved as the shadowy organization is still there and things are set up for a sequel.

The whole thing sort of reminded me of that 2016 movie, THE BELKO EXPERIMENT, about the shadowy organization forcing office workers to fight to the death.

So, the acting was fine, I found the story engaging at times but the movie leaves you hanging.

I'll rate it a generous 6 out of 10...worth seeing as a matinee or a discount DVD but not much more than that.
Escape rooms were a trending form of entertainment over the last few years. And they've become very popular in certain countries in Europe. However, there was a tragedy involving and escape room in Poland just this week.

https://wqad.com/2019/01/07/man-charged-after-5-girls-trapped-in-polish-escape-room-die-in-fire/

wrenchboy

Don't Breathe
7 out of 10
I was very surprised how good it was. I usually find the thriller/horror kinda boring but it was well written,well shot, and acting was good. It was good enough to watch again but not enough to spend the money to own.

BigElectricKat

We have one of those escape rooms here in Hamilton, Ontario. I've never been because I think it's a stupid idea. No one I know has ever gone to it.
I've never been to an escape room before but I'd surely go if I ever get the chance. I'm all about thinking puzzles through, being observant, and matching wits with others.

Saxphon

At home: watched 'A Dog's Purpose' last night. I'd give it a 9 out of 10 (kinda hard to compete with Shawshank Redemption - a 10 of 10). Last movie in the theater: saw 'How To Train Your Dragon 3' last Friday. Excellent movie. Again, 9 of 10.

ravfa

I just watched a recent DVD release of a made for British TV film originally broadcast on the BBC in 1984. Called "Threads," it followed the similar American made for TV movie "The Day After," both of which depicted the aftermath of a full scale nuclear war between the US and Russia. "The Day After" received much notoriety upon its initial broadcast, and shook many viewers. "Threads," however, goes even further. It is so unrelentingly, uncompromisingly grim and harrowing it makes "The Day After" seem almost like it pulls its punches. The film makers set out to disturb and shock viewers, and they succeeded. It was as if they were saying, "You think you know what it will be like after the bombs fall? You don't have a fucking clue." This is not an "entertaining" film. It is not something that everyone can sit through. For those with the fortitude to last until the bleak end, it is probably the last word on post nuclear apocalypse cinema. 10/10.

Latest posts