• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

The Scale: Friend or Foe?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LovelyLiz

After about a decade of not owning a scale, I bought one yesterday. This is not because I am trying to change my weight in one way or the other, it is more just for knowledge. I have been weighing myself when I visit my family, since they have a scale, but that is only about once every couple of months. The last time I visited them I noticed I had put on about 10 pounds, and it was somewhat of a surprise, and I wondered what I had been doing differently, if anything.

So I decided to buy a scale, just to keep an eye on things and be aware of weight fluctuations in either direction and what causes them. Just to get to know my body better, etc. It was a hard decision because when I first became more aware of and active in the SA movement, throwing out the scale was one of the first (and best) decisions I made. But now I'm hoping I can just use it as a tool for awareness, and not let whatever number shows up make/break my day or have too much power over me.

We'll see whether this is possible... :)

Here are the things I'm wondering: Do you own a scale? Why or why not? How's that working out for you?

*This Question is for my fellow BBW/SSBBW. While I realize women and men of all sizes can have complicated relationships with weight/scale, I am posting this in the BBW forum because I want to talk about this issue particularly from a BBW/SSBBW perspective.*

Back