The Thread for Random Single Confessions Part ... I don't know what Part

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

fat9276

^ Haha. No, Tad and my reason can be another confession...

I am going through a big transition period in my life. I used to think you needed another person to complete yourself but I am learning (have also learned the hard way) and deciding that a person should COMPLIMENT who you are. In the past, I have given too much of myself away and "drown" in the other person(s). I am pretty sure anyone would agree it's not healthy and will most likely lead to disappointment and heartache (which in my case, it did). So, I have to heal that part of me, be fully complete within myself and go from there. Right now, I don't even know if I want to date or be in a relationship ever again. That may change down the road but for now... nope.

rellis10

tuh-maw-tow
Sounds more considerate than cowardly to me, rather than putting you on the spot to hand over a number (or not) in the heat of the moment he's giving you the space to think it over.

Either way I totally get the feeling that you'd want to keep yourself open minded and not commit to something that might not be the right thing for you. Happiness comes to everyone in different forms and at different times, I hope you can find yours in whichever form suits you :)

Tad

mostly harmless
As Rellis said, that all makes all kinds of sense. Although I'll add that none of us are ever finished masterpieces, and sometimes we just need to take chances with emotionally mis-matched socks and backwards t-shirts. Not saying him & now, just that ... one doesn't necessarily have to have it all fixed up and sorted out to make things work.

In the meantime, wishing you all the best on healing and renovating :)

=======================================

IC that nearly every afternoon at work I put a bunch of grapes into a bowl, wash them up, and bring them to my desk with the intention that I can snack on them over the course of the rest of the afternoon. And pretty much every time I've eaten them all within about three minutes. I don't get how people can sit with a snack bowl beside them and actually eat from it sparingly. Da yummy foods are sitting right there, must eats dem all!

swamptoad

I confess that just for a short while ....I was rewatching tv shows from the 90s: Clarissa Explains It All, The Adventures of Pete and Pete, and Salute Your Shorts :blush:

Killexia

A confession..... I wish I had the knowledge to take my dog and head off into the woods never to be seen again and not die a horrible death. LOL I have been reading about bushcraft and would love to be a wild woman of the forest

Tracyarts

My local "big" supermarket carries cricket based protein bars in the supplement section now. My husband was freaking out over how horrifying it was. I'd totally try one. The only thing keeping me from buying one today was the price. I thought they were overpriced for what they are. But yeah. I confess that I'm down with eating bugs as long as they're processed into powder first.

Reactions: Tad

Tad

mostly harmless
My local "big" supermarket carries cricket based protein bars in the supplement section now. My husband was freaking out over how horrifying it was. I'd totally try one. The only thing keeping me from buying one today was the price. I thought they were overpriced for what they are. But yeah. I confess that I'm down with eating bugs as long as they're processed into powder first.
I would try those!

Shh! Don’t tell!

This is so embarrassing-I confess until recently I didn’t know the San Gennaro festival was a real thing. I thought Warren Davis made it up.

Group builder