The thread for random single confessions!

Discussion in 'BHM/FFA' started by Surlysomething, Feb 15, 2009.

1. Nov 16, 2015 #7781

Xyantha Reborn

Xyantha Reborn

Xyantha Reborn

- Actually Very Tame!

Its four baby carrots, two sticks of cucumber, and two hardboiled eggs. You may need more ;)

2. Nov 16, 2015 #7782

dwesterny

dwesterny

dwesterny

Unpleasantly Plump

I was planning on stealing the burrito too.

3. Nov 16, 2015 #7783

SSBHM

SSBHM

SSBHM

After serving dessert to company, 3 others, I couldn't throw out the leftovers. I probably over did it on everyone's plate, so everyone left about 1/3 of what I had served them of a three layer cake-cheesecake-cake topped with a mound of meringue. Everyone thought it was delish, and it was, but was stuffed! (Of course I ate all of my serving, which the biggest of all.)

I put all the dishes to the side of the sink and said I'd clean up later. After everyone left, I just had to eat the leftovers.

I know the servings were probably close to 1500 calories a piece, so by eating the leftovers I ate at least 3000 calories worth of dessert! It was so good! A little gross perhaps to eat others' leftovers though.

Has anyone else simply had to eat the leftovers?

4. Nov 16, 2015 #7784

Tad

Tad

Tad

mostly harmless

Yes :eat2::eat2::eat2:

5. Nov 17, 2015 #7785

Xyantha Reborn

Xyantha Reborn

Xyantha Reborn

- Actually Very Tame!

I have done that sometimes, but usually if the desert is in sections. Also depends on the person...only if they are close friends (aka almost family). With those people we ar all so comfortsble we may try a sip of their drink if offered, etc

6. Nov 19, 2015 #7786

loopytheone

loopytheone

loopytheone

Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator

Depends on what they were eating. If it was stuff they ate with a fork, sure. Stuff they touched with their hands/mouth? Not so much.

Oddly enough, I have no problem sharing ice lollies with my dogs, but would never share with a person.

On another note, somebody I work with from the farm added me on facebook. This has made me extremely anxious and I have no idea why.

7. Nov 19, 2015 #7787

Melian

Melian

Melian

Ultimate Chimera

For the right dessert/level of hunger, I'd eat stuff that fell out of someone's mouth.

Wish I was joking. LOL.

8. Nov 19, 2015 #7788

Xyantha Reborn

Xyantha Reborn

Xyantha Reborn

- Actually Very Tame!

I grew up in a lower income house with four kids. If we are related or really good friends, I probably would eat it even if you licked it!

For context: some siblings often lick food so you wouldnt want it

----

I slept so much i am tired.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2015
  9. Nov 19, 2015 #7789

BigChaz

BigChaz

BigChaz

His Eggy Roundness

......sigh.....

Guess it's time to admit it....

guys...

I'm fat

10. Nov 19, 2015 #7790

Xyantha Reborn

Xyantha Reborn

Xyantha Reborn

- Actually Very Tame!

Ohmygawd!!

:eek::eek::eek: like fat, or fattyfatfat? :p

11. Nov 19, 2015 #7791

BigChaz

BigChaz

BigChaz

His Eggy Roundness

more than fat, less than fattyfatfat. I guess fattyfat.

I can't even be fat properly :(

12. Nov 20, 2015 #7792

Xyantha Reborn

Xyantha Reborn

Xyantha Reborn

- Actually Very Tame!

Paying extra for Clinique moisturizer hurt, but i can feel the difference even after two days....and their trial mascara has me determined to order it next time!!

13. Nov 20, 2015 #7793

Surlysomething

Surlysomething

Surlysomething

In Remembrance In Remembrance

I miss all the peeps that used to come here. :(

14. Nov 20, 2015 #7794

agouderia

agouderia

agouderia

Library Girl Staff Member Library Mod

Yeah - so do I.

Apart from quickly shifting communication patterns, I do think there are identifiable reasons for this.

Apart from various issues that have created insecurity about this place (change in ownership, an uncensored paysite some people no longer want to be associated with, technical problems with ensuing debates, etc.) - locking off all boards has made it much more difficult for people to follow discussions casually on the side and pitch in when they want to. Having to sign in is a major objector for a lively open debate - because it isn't something which happens just because people are registered at a given moment.

As far as the BHM board itself goes, to be honest, there's another factor. Beside all its strong points, it has always had the weakness of being a bit on the cliquey side. With so few people active, the few that are strongly reinforce the in-group effect that forms a barrier for other to participate as they cannot contribute to what is mainly innuendo for them.

Surlysomething likes this.
  15. Nov 20, 2015 #7795

Tad

Tad

Tad

mostly harmless

I've seen this pattern happen a few times before over the years, first couple of times with the old chat rooms, then with the main board.
    - Basically you get a group of people that get along and talk amongst themselves a lot, which is pretty awesome.
    - As they become friends to some degree, it becomes pretty natural to start also communicating off this site, especially for more personal stuff. Perfectly natural and healthy, since this is a somewhat odd forum for communication amongst friends.
    - Gradually more of the communication happens off-site, because their energy is more focused on this group of friends than on the site. Which again makes perfect sense, since we all have only so much time and energy in a day, and part of coming to a site like this is the first place for many people is to find people who you can be open with about fat stuff.
    - After that, most will post occasionally, for at least a while, but to a large extent they have 'graduated' from this site, and visiting is more for nostalgia than having any real place in their lives. As with everything above, this is a good thing--growth is good!

But for those who don't become part of that group, for whatever reason (not so close to them, time zones keep some distance, unwillingness to communicate off-site, just more reserved ... whatever reason), it is kind of sad, because the most active and energetic core of the community has left. With luck, a new wave of people, freed by the fading of the 'in-group' pick things up and build their own energy ... but that doesn't always happen. I'd say it didn't on the main boards after the last circle of friends lifted off.

Surlysomething likes this.
  16. Nov 20, 2015 #7796

LeoGibson

LeoGibson

LeoGibson

Happy

Agreed. There are quite a few posters I miss reading. It cuts down also on the available topics to comment on.

17. Nov 20, 2015 #7797

Xyantha Reborn

Xyantha Reborn

Xyantha Reborn

- Actually Very Tame!

I think the feel of the site changes with the active members, and I have seen people post they either have nothing to say or feel left out. At the same time, new posters feel the same way.

I also think the forum nature of dimensions is an old/outdated concept as a main communication device. Don't get me wrong; i thoroughly love coming here. But at the same time it is "heavy" insofar as responses. I know there have been times where I felt disinclined to post because I had nothing of epic quality to say...and because history is retained there is this sort if stigma associated with raising a new thread which has already been talked about, even 5 years ago. So sometimes it is more "chatty", like facebook or a newer communication tool, because that is becoming the new norm. That chattyness can be intimidating for new or old people, or even frequent posters who drift awat for a bit. At least that is my opinion...

I lurked for a long, long time under a different name. I did not post, but I did read, and I miss some of those people too. But at the same time, my reasoning tells me that the current people will become the "oldies" and the cycle will repeat...

18. Nov 20, 2015 #7798

Surlysomething

Surlysomething

Surlysomething

In Remembrance In Remembrance

You nailed it. :bow:

19. Nov 21, 2015 #7799

Dr. Feelgood

Dr. Feelgood

Dr. Feelgood

intellectual nerd

I agree that there is a definite in-group here, but to me it seems an asset: they make this board a lively place to be. I don't consider myself to be an insider, but that doesn't stop me from appreciating the camaraderie and wit of those who are. I may not understand everything that is talked about, but that's the story of my life anyway. :)

20. Nov 21, 2015 #7800

cinnamitch

cinnamitch

cinnamitch

nope

Did you ever get that monocle?:happy:

Xyantha Reborn likes this.