Things to do/participate in during self-quarantine

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Barrett

OMG, Becky, look at his belly.
DM Supporter
Don’t you even think about leaving that dang store without your ice cream, @Barrett.
Haha! I won't, I promise. 🤣

And I'ma need you to send me some home-made steak and gravy and fried chicken and hashbrown casserole, please. 🥴

Your Aunt Judy sounds like my paternal grandmother. She was perhaps my biggest influence in learning to cook (I learned the most from her, and then also my mother). She was a tremendous cook and her house ALWAYS had something going in the kitchen. And O.M.G.... her raised doughnuts.
Going to her house on Thanksgiving and Christmas was like walking into a feast for five armies (granted, we had a large extended family)... in addition to a turkey, she would also bake a ham and broil a big steamship round of beef. And so many vegetables and side-dishes, she had to store them all out on the back porch.
And all of the desserts! She would make DOZENS, and I'm not even joking.
And that was just her! That didn't even account for what my aunts (my dad's three sisters) would bring, themselves.
But it was definitely my grandma's show. When I think of the word, (capital 'M') Matriarch, that was my grandma.

One final thought... Holy F*ck, macaroni and cheese with LARGE shells?? Why have I not thought of that? Your mom is a genius!

Last edited:

jakemcduck

Garsh, it's almost like you want me to get FAT, or something. 🤣
I think I might be detecting a pattern here with Corey. Because I'm about to google where can I get large shell mac and cheese and steak and gravy and mashed potatoes for breakfast. This is on top of all the other cravings her posts induce.

Barrett

DM Supporter
I think I might be detecting a pattern here with Corey. Because I'm about to google where can I get large shell mac and cheese and steak and gravy and mashed potatoes for breakfast. This is on top of all the other cravings her posts induce.
Right?! 🤣
Pretty sure she is solely responsible for the last 20 pounds I've gained. 😆

Corey

Corey
So did you find anything on your google search.....

jakemcduck

So did you find anything on your google search.....
I didn't find anything useful. The results were just recipes. It's hard to tell what restaurants are open and which ones aren't. So I've basically just been eating random things all day to try and fill the cravings and i swear I'm about to explode.

I have to just try a few more things though. Then desserts.

Barrett

DM Supporter
i swear I'm about to explode.
I'm laughing at myself after receiving the 5XL shirts I ordered this week (suddenly there is effort involved in stretching my 3XL shirts over my ballooning belly), because the new shirts fit surprisingly well (i.e., they aren't even close to being too big).

Corey

Corey
Buying this for myself. 😂 I came across this website while searching for a Father’s Day card for my husband. Their inappropriate humor is right up my alley.

Aqw

Buying this for myself. 😂 I came across this website while searching for a Father’s Day card for my husband. Their inappropriate humor is right up my alley.

Great. I guess this woman will need to take off her mitt to undo her hubby's pants ;)

Funtastic curves

Today we visited Missouri Town 1855. We were able to see Jack the Mule, a few lambs and their babies, the chickens and the towns blacksmith at work.

This is one of my favorite places to visit and the kids loved it. It we kind of lucked up. Today was the 55th anniversary of when they first opened up.
20200530_150351.jpg20200530_150230.jpg20200530_145230.jpg20200530_144351.jpg20200530_145029.jpg20200530_144317.jpgScreenshot_20200531-000947_Photos.jpgScreenshot_20200531-000937_Photos.jpgScreenshot_20200531-000922_Photos.jpg
Hope you are all having a great weekend.

Shotha

DM Supporter
Today we visited Missouri Town 1855. We were able to see Jack the Mule, a few lambs and their babies, the chickens and the towns blacksmith at work.

This is one of my favorite places to visit and the kids loved it. It we kind of lucked up. Today was the 55th anniversary of when they first opened up.
View attachment 136248View attachment 136249View attachment 136250View attachment 136251View attachment 136252View attachment 136253View attachment 136254View attachment 136255View attachment 136256
Hope you are all having a great weekend.
We are having a long weekend. Tomorrow (Monday) is the Queen's birthday and it's an official holiday.

Jaycee

Update on my chicks sadly I lost 11 of them (they got cold and wet..) but I'll be ordering more now and possibly ducks now.

I did get some hay cut today nothing better than being in the on a open station tractor aka how I get my tanSnapchat-1520902449.jpgSnapchat-1413059973.jpg

Latest posts