Things to do/participate in during self-quarantine

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Orchid

Yesterday baked corn bread from my old BHG cookbook.
Hand sewing on the double-sided apron, made it a midi that ties over/above the bust and ends mid-calf.
Baptized myself several times with waters, with the old one which was/is tied at waist so wanted a full cover this time.
One side is tiny cherries and other side is jam jars and fruits was a few years in my quilt fabrics stash.
Watered some plants outside.Picked a few roses and few sprigs of marjoram.
Put some order to my fabric stash which lives in 3 sections of a closet, cubic foot each.
Painted some bonbons.
Unpacked my art/crafts supplies which arrived from www.gerstaecker.de
Marinated chicken drumsticks.
Beaded a new necklace georgia peach glass pearls, matte cherry seedbeads and few gold seedbeads.
Was some beads shortage so the accent off-side peach is just an edge instead of 1 full peach, looks a bit odd, the beads are out-off-stock.
Trying to figure out if I have enough fabric for a bias cut skirt. An old one that fits well want to re-make it.
Was busy hand sewing just now but had to stop lost day light.

Corey

Corey
Basically just packing as much drawing practice as I can in, on top of writing and guitar practice. I'm playing through Pokemon Sword too. Gradually easing back into working out.
In the last few months, my husband has played his guitars more than I’ve ever seen him play before. 🤘🏼 Good on you. Thanks for adding in. :)

Corey

Corey
1A6F47DE-626D-4639-8F3B-B41CCA0D9582.jpeg
My baby is 2, but we’re waiting to celebrate her birthday party until the oldest two get back from visiting my parents in Dallas. Until then, this little princess gets to have me all to herself. She keeps pointing at things with her wand and saying, “I wish!”👸🏼

This is the first break I’ve had from my kids since the first week of February. My responsibility load feels like basically nothing and I can finally hear my own thoughts again. I haven’t had to separate any kids from fighting, I’ve only had to bathe one kid and put one kid to bed, I haven’t pondered on what it would be like to have more than 2 arms, and I haven't gotten any 5am wake up calls from my 4 year old. Best part.........my husband’s been waking up with the baby and taking care of her in the mornings while I sleep in. I woke up at 9am today and with my coffee waiting. He gets a golden star. ⭐