BHM Trial by Fire - by Xyantha (BHM, WG, Explicit)

Discussion in 'Recent Additions' started by Xyantha Reborn, Jul 2, 2017.

1. Sep 4, 2018 #41

Xyantha Reborn

Xyantha Reborn

Xyantha Reborn

- Actually Very Tame!

Chapter 13

“If you love someone, set them free. If they come back, it means nobody else liked them. Set them free again. “ Melody chirped from ahead of him. As always, the woman skipped lightly over the earth, boundless energy flowing from her. “I mean, that’s always been my motto…but I really want to meet up with this guy again. Like, in a bad way.” Her mass of chocolate coloured hair obscured her face as she stared don at her hand.

…In a bad way? For once, he could relate. The urge to check on Giselle was overwhelming, and only his promise to her prevented him from flipping the little mirror open and checking on her this instant.

The witch stopped, turning to regard him with a serious gaze. “I need to find someone.” She said at last, having determined that to not involve her temporary (unwanted!) guardian would only result in him carrying her home like a bundled sack over his shoulder.

The head tilted in inquiry.

She pinched the bridge of her nose. “Have you ever met someone that your entire being just kind of…told you was important?”

A nod.

“Really?” It was impossible to keep the disbelief hidden.

An offended nod, arms crossing over his chest.

“Ok, well sorry. Anyway, I need to find someone.

He hesitated, then shook his head. His broad shoulders hitched, sunlight absorbing instead of reflecting off of his armour.

“Look, I don’t expect you to just help. All I am asking is for you to just stay out of my way until I do, ok?”

He shook his head again, raising his hand to his head as if pained by her stupidity.

Her body had been flustered for days, and she was at her wit’s end from being told what to do. Never one to accept restraint under the best of circumstances, recent events had rubbed her patience raw. Snapping her fingers under his nose, the witch literally and figuratively bristled. Brown hair seemed to rise up, tendrils of hair lashing about like a living thing. “I am going to leave this town. I am going to find this guy and scratch whatever itch I’ve got, then we will talk about next steps. I mean it. Do you understand? Stand down, Fen. I wont go with you until this is done.”

His task had been interrupted already, yet. His head lowered with infinite slowness – not with acknowledgement, but with rage.

Uncaring, Melody whirled on her heel and began marching. “Come on. Let’s go.”

Impotent against her command, he felt himself lurch into motion. He regretted returning the mirror to her bag, he admitted with no small amount of cynicism. If she ordered him away from it, he would have literally no choice but to obey.

The path out of the small village was not well taken care of. More of a path than a road, tall grass abounded on either side of ruts, as it did in the middle of the ruts. Walking in the middle of the road, Melody sighed in contentment as long blades of grass tickled her extended fingers. The weather was fine, she was on an open road and touching growing things. What more could she ask for?

Being underneath Handsome, her body moaned wretchedly. His pliable belly dragging up and down her as he thrust, ass jiggling under her hands.

True that, she averred - but look how much worse it could be. She could be cooped up inside, angry and married to someone she hated. Speaking of hatred and anger…a head of curly brunette hair turned, and dark eyes examined her companion. Constitutionally incapable of holding onto anger, she fell back and took up Fen’s hand.

The helmeted head did not move, the pace did not change, and even the hand she grasped stayed stiffly unyielding. “Comon, Fen.” When multiple cajoling jokes had no response, she slipped inside him. “Come on! Don’t be mad,” she wheedled. She snapped out, then back in several times. “In.”

She flashed out. “Out!”

She flashed back in. “And in!”

She flashed out. “And Out!”

She flashed out. “And Out!”

When the blazing intensity of the glyph remained unchanged, she popped back out and gazed at his rigid body language. “Fen, stop.” She said sharply, frowning. “We need to talk.”

Island Girl likes this.
  2. Sep 4, 2018 #42

Xyantha Reborn

Xyantha Reborn

Xyantha Reborn

- Actually Very Tame!

The armour immediately stopped. Stopped so fast that grass squealed in protest at being torn up.

Unnerved at his acquiescence, the witch grinned. “Great! No hard feelings? Give us a hug, then!” When the armour actually advanced, arms raised, she skittered backwards. “Whoa. What’s doin’, Fen?” She slipped inside him once more. “I can’t fix it if I don’t know what is wrong…but you’ve been kind of weird, lately…”

The glow from the symbol in front of her eyes was nearly white hot, and she yelped when she placed her palm on it. “Why are you so mad at me? I mean, I can be annoying as hell but – ”

His emotions were bouncing wildly, and a iot of thoughts spilled through her upon contact. Forefront of this jumble was white hot rage coupled with the same sort of panic as a rabbit caught up in a trap.

“FEN! TALK TO ME!” she bellowed, smacking her palms on the metal.

I LOATHE BEING COMMANDED. I DETEST HAVING MY WILL OVERRIDEN. I WILL NEVER BE RID OF ANY OF YOU! He roared at last.

“Hey, never take what I have to say too seriously.” She inserted her pinky finger in her ear and turned it, looking at the finger when she withdrew it. “I mean, I don’t respond well to orders either – and by that, I want you to understand that I don’t take orders…I barely take suggestions. I mean, I may ask you to do stuff, but you don’t have to do it – even if I really, really want you to. That’s part of being friends!”

NOT FRIENDS.

“Use whole sentences, Fen.”

Do you not see? He demanded. There is no friendship, only orders.
    Her face wrinkled. “You never listened to me before – I distinctly remember you grabbing me, dragging me, abducting me…sound familiar, you asshat?”

The entire armour vibrated with such anger that the symbol seemed to quiver under incandescent heat.

“Okay, okay. Look – like I said. We are friends. How can I fix it so that you don’t feel obliged to obey me?”

You can’t – you bound my soul. You are its new keeper. You attached my soul back to this cursed suit of armour – you are my master!!!!

A look of dawning horror grew on her face as she looked at the lines in front of her. “Ewwww I don’t want to own a soul - that’s gross, oh gods, oh, oh….” She began patting at herself, shuddering.

After all this time, I thought that my soul might be freed, but no, you are all the same! You crave power, and will do anything to command – wait, what are you doing?

“Fixing this,” Melody grunted, slashing away with a sharp rock she had picked up earlier as a potential weapon. Her father had despaired of her constant collection of sticks, rocks, twigs…

But who was in right now, loser? You never could tell when you needed a good rock!

As she sliced the last line into the metal, she was expelled so forcibly that she stared up at the sky. Her eyes pricked and she wheezed in a few breaths, struggling to catch her wind. “There – better?”

His shoulders rolled, and he slowly turned his blank featured gaze to hers.

“Help me up, will you?” When no hand was extended, she sat up and grinned at him. “We’re friends, Fen. You do stuff for your friends because you want to – not because you have to. If I’d have known earlier I would have broken that bond sooner. I never meant to make you do anything you didn’t want to. Well, that’s a lie. I did, but I wanted to do it because I won, not because you had to. If that makes sense?”

His head swung away from her, and he began walking into the woods. Continue on this path for another mile. You will encounter a lake. I will be close by.

“DICK!” she bellowed, hurling the rock after him. “The least you could do is thank me!”

Thank you, he breathed in her ear. His tone was full of wonder, and giddiness underlined every syllable. There is something I need to do. A dark laugh bubbled up under his words.

Melody blinked as the armoured form suddenly slid to a halt before sprinting back to her. “What are you – hey!” she gasped indignantly as he plunged his hand into her bag. “That’s mine!”.

He flashed the small mirror from between his forefinger and middle finger in a lazy salute. And for the first time, glee underlined his words. Not anymore, little witch!

Island Girl and dreamingalp like this.
  3. Sep 4, 2018 #43

ALS Again

ALS Again

ALS Again

Yay! I am so excited for this update. More great writing, as always!

4. Sep 4, 2018 #44

dreamingalp

dreamingalp

dreamingalp

Ah. Brief, sweet bliss. Thanks for the update, it's a good one!

5. Sep 4, 2018 #45

Tad

Tad

Tad

mostly harmless

Mmmmm, this is good!

6. Jan 29, 2019 #46

Xyantha Reborn

Xyantha Reborn

Xyantha Reborn

- Actually Very Tame!

sorry for the delay, folks! I had to take a step back and sketch future chapters and rewrite others!

7. Jan 29, 2019 #47

Xyantha Reborn

Xyantha Reborn

Xyantha Reborn

- Actually Very Tame!

Chapter 14

Long, flowing locks waved her face as Giselle stared out her window. The scenery, so well known as to be nauseating, was not the focus of her gaze. The bright blue irises were unfocused, their owner lost in thought. They must have been pleasant, as a smile curved her lips, and a lock of damp hair was stuck between her lips.

The wind, cooling as it had been of late, caused her skin to prickle, and she absently pulled a throw from her feet to cover her. This little alcove fit her needs perfectly, and it was no accident that it was as far away from her tower as she could get – smack dab against the window. The blanket, although smoothing the terrain of her body, highlighted the sheer size of the young woman. Although not massive, her upper body generally maintained the figure of her youth. Flaring hips and thighs created a stark contrast, and was highlighted further by those curves swooping down into delicate ankles and feet.
    “How long has it been?” The water witch wondered, eyes focusing abruptly. Long since having grown used to talking to herself, she continued her monologue with a comfort born of habit. “Six – no, seven years, since I have felt this way. At least.” At the tail end of her escapades, her focus had been less on quantity than quality. More about making a point than enjoyment. It had been a while, even then, since her heart had stuttered and her panties moisten at the mere voice of a man.

And Ademar’s had her toes curling – literally. She had to keep reminding herself to straighten them, or risk a cramp. A strong shiver tore through her body, nipples tightening in response. His voice was not a physical manifestation, but it still sounded…sexy. Melody had failed to tell her that! It had a sort of dry rasp, a hint of cold sarcasm that was rather delicious.

“It’s no fun to go after good boys,” she rationalized with herself, chewing her lip. “You can’t hurt or be hurt by a bad boy. That being said…he is – ” A quick glance of guilt around her, and she swallowed her words. Ugh.

That thought was not pleasant, and quickly cooled her ardour. As a squan, his mere existence should violate her morals. Once a soul died, it was released. Squan were the souls that had been attached to physical objects. More often than not, powerful souls were attached to things used to do harm; swords, scrying tools. Armour.

Souls deteriorated over time. Many of the aspects that gave the soul humanity, faded over time. Even the most heinous of people still had good qualities; one of her teachers had told them of a murderer whose soul had been attached to a dagger. When a thug possessed it and tried to use it on a dog, the knife turned itself upon its master. Apparently, the man had had a deep and abiding love for his dogs. Yet, a hundred years later, the possessor of the weapon was driven to kill everything in its path.

Ademar had said he had been alive a lifetime; assuming that he was speaking figuratively, rather than literally, that put him anywhere between a half and a full century old. When her teacher had brought a squan into the class to demonstrate, raw malevolence and a slathering anger formed a miasma around the hammer. Although the man could be downright moody, she had never sensed anything like that from him. Perhaps he was not a normal squan; he still seemed very much a person, his individuality and soul intact. Something was out of the ordinary with him, however.

Although - at least, unlike her soul sister, she did not prefer Shiva. At least Ademar was of the same species.

Which was fortunate, because the man had promised to return and test the limits of his materialization!

Her tiny room was rather messy, she realized from her perch. Her bed was in shambles from her constant rolling in place while she slept. Her table was filled with food, some eaten and some not. There was no point cleaning that; a spell triggered three times a day with food on it. Some days the food was not to her taste and was sent back untouched. Other days, she found herself greedily licking at her plate.

And her father had realized her weakness.

The man had stopped visiting years ago, willing to play the longer waiting game. However, when he had visited a year ago, his pale blue eyes had widened at the sight of the plump beauty in front of him. Since that day, soups had been replaced by stews, and a rich variety of confections also found their way into her softening stomach.

Giselle knew what it was for. Fatten up the naughty girl until no one wanted her – it was clear as day. And yet, she didn’t care. She especially didn’t care while in the midst of letting the moist cake, flakey pastry, or other rich confection pass her lips. The care came later, when she saw herself in the mirror. The only reason she hadn’t smashed every goddam one was that it was her only was to communicate to Melody.

That same communication line had brought about her first contact; suddenly the years of carefully not looking at her reflection seemed worth it. If having a mirror meant another visit from Fen – er, Ademar…it was worth it.

Perhaps her standards were low with years of celibacy. Or maybe it was that reverent tone he had unconsciously adopted when he rasped; You are not disgusting. You are beautiful. Not in the hey-beautiful-come-jump-on-for-a-ride way. Not a placation, either. His tone had sounded…awed. As if he felt genuinely fortunate to gaze on her, and a little bit overwhelmed.

Giselle loved, loved, loved that tone. Though... “I have gotten quite fat,” she mumbled, lapsing once more into speech. Looking down, two lines marred her brow, and she listlessly pushed at the soft mass on her lap. The last time she had heard that tone she had been countless pounds lighter. With nothing to do and little in the way of exercise, the pounds had accumulated over the years, like a snowdrift with a soft wind. “There is no way a man would find this attractive. The only once who finds that sexy is D.”

Suddenly, those blue eyes narrowed, and the witch squinted in thought. “Do you think she set him up to do it, to make me feel better? No,” she answered immediately, shaking her head. “It didn’t feel that way. I haven’t seen her enjoy herself so much in years. No,” she added more thoughtfully, tapping her index finger to her plump lower lip. “I guess it could be possible that someone else shared her fetish. Probable, really, in the grand scheme of the world.”

Her lips pursed as the blonde head turned towards her small slice of the world. “Not that I have a lot to lose. I mean, the biggest risk of associating with a squan is that they anchor to your soul. Who cares if that even happens? It’s not like I am going to get out of here any time soon. Until I finally do it.” Suicide wasn’t a risk for her now, but rather an inevitability. Not an if, but a when. What was the harm in enjoying it while it lasted? It would be good to get to know Melody’s new companion; after all, he was bonded to her, and would be with her friend long after Giselle herself was gone.

8. Jan 29, 2019 #48

Xyantha Reborn

Xyantha Reborn

Xyantha Reborn

- Actually Very Tame!

*~*~

Fenri sat on the edge of his bed. His thick thighs were spread, elbows resting upon them. A sigh heaved his broad shoulders before his head slumped forward into the cradle of his hands. Bloodshot eyes traced the stone pattern below his boots absently until a yawn cricked his jaw, causing a wince. It had been a long couple of weeks, and he felt worn out in a way that he had not experienced in a long time. As if trying to track the rebel had been insufficient, Dulog and his other brothers had stepped up their assassination games. With clutching so close, the inevitable pressure needed an outlet.

And of course, his daily work itself had not slowed. Despite Shiva being universally despised by humans, there was a constant, cool dialogue that needed to be maintained with the humans. The queen must have had her reasons, but never explained why this task was handed to him over a quarter of a century ago. It was probably a safe assumption that it was to ‘humanize’ them in their eyes, and thus reduce the risk of conflict.

He yawned again, upper and lower canines making an appearance. Spending time with the humans back then had been one of the most enjoyable times of his life, and he shamelessly pursued that same contact – when his work allowed. And having Ademar on the loose was eating up every spare moment and speck of energy. Dull lilac eyes closed and opened several times, and yet another yawn forced itself out. And he was the only one looking. Announcing this would be too risky. To have one suddenly loose itself from her grasp – it could be interpreted as a sign of weakness. Ademar was also known to be violent and volatile. If only the Queen would relent and allow some sort of marker, this would have been made much easier. Without that, scrying and other methods just kept leading him to the strongest source of energy; here.

His entire body ached – when he was still for too long, his legs stiffened and he hobbled pitifully the first few steps, and he kept getting shooting pains across his lower back. And his face felt like he had been chewing rocks; he had awoken this morning to his face contorted with stress. Straightening from his slouch, he hauled himself to a standing position.

Not to mention that as a half breed, he did not have his own source of magical energy, nor could he store excess as easily. Under normal circumstances, eating normally would replenish his coffers, but with his current levels of expenditures…

His swollen stomach sagged before him as he hobbled to the waiting bath. Dark brows as a memory floated through his mind, causing a shiver of reaction. He still found himself greatly affected by his passing meeting of that witch. There was something very earthy about her, and he could still recall her the glint of her lusty brown eyes, thick tangle of hair, and her soft mouth. The smudge of dirt across her nose, her freckles, and the way her back arched, breasts rising as she shamelessly chased her release.

A rap sounded at the door. “Will you be coming to the hall?”

“Not tonight,” Fenri ground out as he lowered himself into the hot water. As he braced himself on the edge of the tub and leaned down, his ears twitched even as they heated. The feel of his stomach brushing against his thighs was new, and the accompanying cold was unexpected, but he pretended to ignore it as he slid into the hot water with a groan. Steam rose around him, and damp tendrils of hair clung to his forehead and cheeks.

Of course, when he had knocked on her door in the morning, she had been gone. “Not that I would have known what to do,” he sighed, letting his head fall back. After his initial feelings of anger had dissipated, he had been left with a burning desire to get his hands on her again. There was something incredibly sexy about her taking control – utterly feminine. Yet, a part of him wanted to wrest that control back and make her experience he same helplessness he had. Perhaps that was the human part of him rearing its head?

Another sound at the door.

“Away!” the plump man snapped, feeling a twinge of tension manifest in a shooting pain from his back. Around the edges of the door, his protections shimmered and dissolved. With an oath, he tried to leap from the tub, but his heavier body seemed to be made of lead, moving sluggishly. Dulog’s grin as he and three of his brothers crossed the space in two bounds was the last thing he saw before a haze of red lined the edges of his vision.

Hands grasped at him, pushing to force him under the hot surface. There was no way to fight back effectively; they did not have to win, only to keep him under for a few minutes. His lungs began to throb, yet he did not panic.

Slipping the knife from under the ledge of the bath, he stabbed the closest limb to him, repeating the process until all shackles were removed. Cresting above the surface, he took a deep gasp and glared.

His siblings snarled at him, ears pinned and low. It was not a good sign, seeing them all together. It was one thing to fend off the odd single attacks of opportunity, but combined attacks were the result of planning and a joint goal.

“Are you done yet?” Fenri demanded, voice seething with irritation. It was a stark contrast to the rather haughty pose, arms crossed over his chest.. “Really? In my bath? Did you honestly think you could gain the upper hand, just because I was weaponless?”

Nostrils flaring, Dulog snapped his teeth, right hand clamped around his bleeding left. “Can’t blame me for trying!”

Long fingers pinched the damp bridge of his nose, lids sliding closed. “You are such an idiot,” he growled at last, opening his eyes. “This isn’t the time or place for this; this close to clutching and all it will take is a sneeze to set Mother off. Do you really want to tempt her rage?”

“You’ve been distracted for weeks; it is no fun!” Dulog practically shouted the last word as he lunged forward, a long knife pointing directly at his sibling’s stomach.

Pupils dilating in his simmering rage, Fenri remained calm as he cast an illusion of the room overtop of the room itself, sidestepping the blade. It was dangerous creating a horizontal portal; gaging the distance to the ground and having a safe place to land was much harder to target. That knife kissed his leg as he vaulted the table, and a muted roar shook the room. The half breed’s eyes slit into vertical lines until lilac was all that was visible. With no time left for safety, he stopped evading and instead let himself fall backwards.

For the past several weeks he had felt an odd…lack of presence. As if one floating spot of darkness blotted an otherwise clear day. Like someone obscuring a word on a page with a fingertip. Whenever he tried to focus on the thought, his mind skittered away. Now, all traces of fatigue disappeared under surges of adrenaline, and with that came clarity. A gleeful smile spread across his face, the full Shiva smile overtaking his otherwise human face - far too many teeth exposed for comfort.

As if someone was trying desperately to pour power into hiding a person, without realizing the oddity of the sheer power. And suddenly, it was is if that spot was sucking him in. Instead of the normal calm and focused direction one needed when portaling, the only thing his dark mind could bite out was….her.

wiesoauchimmer and loopytheone like this.
  9. Jan 29, 2019 #49

Xyantha Reborn

Xyantha Reborn

Xyantha Reborn

- Actually Very Tame!

I am going to try and prioritize getting more out in the next few weeks. All you lovely authors and authoresses have inspired me to try and keep this rolling.

loopytheone likes this.
  10. Jan 29, 2019 #50

Xyantha Reborn

Xyantha Reborn

Xyantha Reborn

- Actually Very Tame!

Chapter 15

White, puffy clouds drifted in front of her eyes. Grass tickled her cheeks and danced in her peripheral vision. Warm sun bathed her skin, and the sound of a distant wind created a symphony of purring grass. Being physically connected to nature calmed her scattered thoughts, and a low, tuneless hum escaped her parted lips as she dug her toes into the loam. The young woman was stretched out on the warm ground, listening to the things whisper around her. As usual, a smudge of dirt was on her cheek, and her fingers were died a light green from touching the world around her.

Green things were lightly coiling about her body, and took a pause as the large form stalked up to her. Several stalks reared up like alert dogs, eyeless heads watching the suit of armour lower itself beside her. Mimicking her posture, hands behind its head, it too stared up at the sky for several long minutes. After a pause, several stalks shyly began to wind around the ankles. The head moved to look, but otherwise stayed still.

Normally, this silence would have been a rare and valued situation. Just to have five minutes of silence would have been a relief, not too long ago. It wasn’t just that she spoke to him; she constantly hummed, chirped, and narrated her life to the world around her. “Just going to hop up on this rock – hup, there we go, oops, a bit slippery there. Hey Fen, be careful of this slippery bit too. Oh, this rock is much less slippery. I guess because it’s not in the water so much. All the other rocks are under the water. Do you think that rock thinks it’s the best, highest rock? Or is lonely and feeling self conscious because all the other rocks are staring at it? Ooh, or maybe it is like, the commander of the rock army, and the other rocks are the soldiers. And the water, instead of being below us, was upright like a window. And then the rocks would be right side up and we would be sideways, and they would see our feet when they looked straight ahead”. Was a classic example.

Now, however, was a perfect opportunity to ask some burning questions. Why is Giselle locked in that tower? He queried. Starting on an easier question would be more likely to get a response.

The brunette head fell to the right, and placid brown eyes blinked blankly before awareness brightened her gaze once more. “Eh? She got around too much.”

Around too much what?

A brow quirked, and Melody laughed aloud, spitting hair of of her mouth as the wind blew it across her face. “Sex, Fen. She slept around with too many guys.”

My name is not Fen – it is Ademar. Hostility blasted clean through the armour, the miasma enveloping the human girl beside him.

Melody plucked a stem of grass and chewed on it, absently swirling the dirt under her fingers, foot tapping to an internal beat.

After a long breath, the miasma disappeared. A sigh followed. Is this a common behaviour for humans? Sleeping with multiple partners?

Melody pulled the stem from her lips as a shrug bounced her breasts under her shirt. “I guess so. I mean, yes, sometimes. It isn’t normal but it isn’t abnormal either. Most humans try to marry for life, I guess.”

Like matehood?

“Mmm….kind of. I mean, people marry all the time who hate each other. It isn’t like matehood for Shiva, where it’s a super rare thing.”

You seem to know quite a bit about the Shiva, he probed, attempting to keep his tone casual. How is it that you know so much?

Gently unwrapping coiled green life from around her wrists, the human blinked. “Oh, I’ve crushed on Shiva for as long as I can remember,” she chirped blithely. “I met one when I was little; and I’ve been head over heels for the sexy things ever since.”

Tell me more about Giselle.

The witch’s brows raised at the abrupt change in conversation, and she sat up to face him. “Giselle? Why do you want to know?” Expression turning sly, she elbowed him lightly. “Do you liiiiiike her?” she drawled, a wide smirk overtaking her face. When no response was deigned to be made, her expression turned serious. “You do like her,” she breathed, eyes widening.

It was not a hard concession to make. And very oddly, true. Yes, I like her. It was not a new realization, but still rather earth shaking in its truth. He even, to some degree, liked the annoying human before him.

Eagerness now spread across Melody’s face, and she scooted closer. “Giselle is the best! She is a super powerful witch. She works with water magic, so she is good at things like scrying, communicating through reflecting surfaces, as well as rain, storms, floods and such. Her services were really in demand – keeping the crops stable doesn’t sound like a glorious job, but it super necessary. Plus, she wasn’t doing it for just the one field, but whole areas.”

You mention it as if it was in the past, he prompted as he too sat up and crossed his legs. It was an unusual stance for him to take, but he chalked it up to his recent regaining of his freedom.

“Mm,” she nodded, sticking a piece of grass in her mouth and chewing. “Her papa pissed her off badly. Giselle might not look like it, but she has a big temper. The kind that doesn’t go away very easily.” Scrambling onto his large lap, she rested her head on his chest, legs draped over his.

Startled, he allowed the motion, arms moving to create a space for her.

“So, this sort of tit for tat thing started; and the more he tried to control her, the more she refused to work her magic. The less she used her magic, the more he tried to control her personal life. The more he tried to control her personal life, the more she slept around.” Shoulders raised then fell as she sighed. “I can’t say I blame her, Melody muttered. “I mean, I kind of had that same relationship with my Da.”

And so…she was locked in that tower as a way to ultimately control her? It’s such a tiny space.

A cloud covered the sun, and her face tilted towards the sky. “Yeah. It kind of let him control everything, you know? What she did, where she went, what she ate…It’s why she started gaining weight, I think. As a sort of ‘screw you, I can still do what I want with my body’ thing.” Her tone was bemused, but suddenly sharpened with a keen interest. “Did you see her rooms?”

Mm.

terralune likes this.
  11. Jan 29, 2019 #51

Xyantha Reborn

Xyantha Reborn

Xyantha Reborn

- Actually Very Tame!

She twisted her head on her neck to stare at his face. Her head tilted this way, then that. Slowly turning until she was balanced on her knees, she placed both hands on either wide of his mask. Her nose twitched as she sniffed at him. “You are a Shiva,” she exclaimed, vibrating with excitement.

Yes – I mean, I was. I think of myself as one, since being freed. How could you tell? He asked, astonishment keeping him in place. It wasn’t as if he looked like one; and how would her nose have told her?

“Oh, I know me my Shiva,” she purred in delight. “Is…Giselle your consort?!” she demanded, staring into his eyes. “Shiva aren’t into humans, usually. And there are lots of women more available, if you wanted one.”

Not if you were the last woman on earth, he returned coolly.

No miffed expression crossed her face as she rolled her eyes. “I didn’t mean me! So, so, is she?”

I had a consort when I was alive, he responded at last. His tone sounded unsure, however, and he seemed troubled. Shiva only ever have one consort, he added with more certainly.

Settling back down on his lap, she stared out over the hill, watching the grass dance lightly, a subtle show of light as the wind moved the stalks from dark green face to lighter green back. The grass yielded playfully, bouncing back up at the first opportunity. “What’s it like, to have a consort? Oh, and just so you know, this is a quid pro quo conversation; you tell me about you, I tell you about Giselle.”

That was doable. There is only one consort for a Shiva in their entire life, and most will never find their consort. Only those who have a consort can produce offspring, so the position is highly coveted. There seems to be some sort of suppression that happens; if there is a consort in power, it is not likely that other consorts will be born. When a consort in power dies, there is an increase in the number of consorts.

Good mental note. “Yeah, but what’s it like? I mean, with humans, we tend to find a mate that’s tolerable, both physically and mentally. Most marriages I have seen involve a lot of work and frustration, and there is always the opportunity to find another.”

That is nothing like a consort, he confirmed absently, comparing her glistening brown hair to the strands of gold he would rather be gazing upon. Although technically both are called a consort, it is generally the male referred to as such, and the female is the Queen. When a consort finds his Queen, his entire existence changes to serve and support her. He will be aware of what she needs, almost before she does. He will suddenly know details that are required to ensure her happiness. And he will execute her will without question, he added in a lower tone.

A noise of realization rscaped her as she was mentally hit her upside the head. “No wonder being controlled was so unpleasant,” she exclaimed. “Not like it is ever fun, but it might have reminded you of your consort…”

Actually, Melody reminded him of his past in no way. My turn, he interjected as her mouth opened. How did you and Giselle meet?

She giggled. “Her parents had just moved to town; I had run off to play and found her carrying cups from the wagon to the house. I asked her ‘Do you need help with that?’ and when she said no, I asked her if she wanted to play after. The rest, is history! Literally…some of our escapades got out of hand and um, got written down in the history books.” Despite the comment, no apology littered the sunny tone. “My magic and her magic intertwined very nicely, too. But mostly, we just love each other so much! Best friends since we were five! So, is she your consort?”

The sudden change of direction did not befuddle him, and he shrugged. I told you, I had one when I was alive.

“Are you sure?” Melody asked softly. “I don’t know anything about anything…but I’ve never seen you or Giselle act that way around anybody.”

I do not think a consort can be a human.

“Are you sure?” she asked again, tone still gentle. “I am hearing a distinct lack of ‘no’. If you are not her consort, can I have my mirror back?”

His whole body tensed, back straightening. No. She…needs me. Soon, in fact. He sounded distracted, concerned.

“Why does she need you?”

She is in a dark place. I comfort her. His tone was troubled, and his gaze turned with unerring precision to his right. It was as if he knew exactly where she was, seeing her across a great distance.

“How do you know she is in a dark place? Maybe she needs her friend back, instead of you.”

No – she needs to feel loved by someone other than you. She has been so alone for so long that she is seriously considering ending her life. She needs care and attention to her needs; but mostly, she needs to be out of that tower. Every day she looks down at the ground and wonders if the fall would be sufficient, especially if she was to land head first. She adores every moment with you, and living vicariously through your exploits - but it is also a painful reminder of the lack of freedom she herself has. When you escaped your father, she was so proud of you, but hated herself intensely for her own failure…

A nearly Shiva like grin stole over her face. “If you know so much about her, why are you asking me things that you already know?”

Melody’s voice seemed to reach him at a great distance. It is important to her. Although she would never admit it, she would never be with someone who disliked you or vice versa.She wants me to get to know you and – he suddenly stilled, the same realization washing over him.

“Are you sure she isn’t your consort?”

If he had possessed a mouth, it probably would have been flapping. As it was, he floundered for a response for several long moments.

“Like I said, I don’t know shit about shit. But…I’d say your personality changes a fair bit when it comes to her…and you seem to know what she wants, her history…and you seem to already be doing what she’d want you to do,” she added, wriggling in his lap for emphasis. “We’d always sit like this and watch the sunsets. And I know you don’t like me enough to let me do this on your own.”

I do like you, he muttered unwillingly, thumping her lightly on the head. Was it because Giselle wanted him to?

Melody giggled, turning once more to wrap her arms around his neck. “I like you too! In fact, there was something about you when I met you that told me not to kill you; then told me to put you back together. I’m more of a doer than a thinker; and I did what seemed right.”

The dark gaze turned once again to the right.

“Just so you know; Giselle and I may not be connected by blood, but we are sisters in the truest sense of the word. I’d do anything for her, to make her happy. And if you are her consort…well. I guess that means you are my brother, and I am your sister!”

The irony made him chuckle; with the Queen and her consort producing the offspring, all Shiva under that rule became brother and sister by default. Hearing her use the words out of context, yet correctly, was a painful reminder of the past.

Thin fingers began gently teasing tangles from her perpetually messy locks. “And just so you know – I’d do anything to make my brother and sister happy. Keep the mirror – let me know what we are going to do next.”

He gave a nod before riding and setting her gently on her feet. I know. And I will. Give me some time - I...need to think.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2019
    terralune, dreamingalp, Aqw and 3 others like this.
  12. Jan 30, 2019 #52

Starling

Starling

Starling

Oooh plot twist love it

Xyantha Reborn likes this.
  13. Jan 31, 2019 #53

Tad

Tad

Tad

mostly harmless

Oh so gooooood! Thank you for al the new sections :D

Xyantha Reborn likes this.
  14. Feb 26, 2019 #54

terralune

terralune

terralune

Literally logged into my inactive/unused account to comment how much i fricking LOVE this story. The extremely relateable and likeable characters, the complex but not too confusing magic system and fantasy races, how the story that starts off with a bang and puts the reader right into the world without having the love interest as the immediate storyline...I could go on!! I love how much you've intertwined Giselle and Melody's stories with their respective love interests, it all just makes sense, you feel? oh my gosh, and the foreshadowing and unresolved tension and mysteries. I literally reread these first chapters every so often and get new ideas for what you have planned. Is the shiva Melody remembers as a child in any way related to Fenri...considering how she initially named the squan "Fen". There's just so much fun dialogue and descriptions that I just can't keep myself from rereading this story when I'm bored. You are an AMAZING writer and the little quirks you write into your characters are just beyond lovely. I am a big fan of "To tame a theif" as well, I am a huge fantasy fan and to see a FA writer also into fantasy/historical fiction is a pure blessing!! I cannot wait to see where you take this story, I am eagerly awaiting for the reunion of Melody and her mysterious shiva. Never stop writing, you have a knack for world building and you are so talented! AH IM DONE OK <3

15. Feb 27, 2019 #55

Xyantha Reborn

Xyantha Reborn

Xyantha Reborn

- Actually Very Tame!

I am sooo happy you are enjoying this! Feedback like this is really inspiring to keep going; stories like this are more effort because the intertwining...you have to sit down and cross reference past and future chapters and any adjustment requires a lot of rewriting.

Speaking of which, I have a snow day today so hope to post a few more chapters!!

terralune likes this.
  16. Feb 27, 2019 #56

Xyantha Reborn

Xyantha Reborn

Xyantha Reborn

- Actually Very Tame!

Chapter 16

It was far, far easier to traverse the distance between them, now that he had been freed. In fact, everything was easier. It was as if a dampening force had been removed from him, or some sort of shackle removed.

More interesting was that since he had been freed, Giselle’s presence had loomed large in his consciousness. It was as if she was an extension of his own body. Though, given his current formless self, perhaps that was not an apropos example. No longer did he have to travel the connection between the two mirrors. Now, he simple honed in on her. Perhaps it was simply returning along a well-known path, but he was inclined to agree with Melody’s assessment.

And that was a terrifying prospect, he realized as he stared down at the beautiful woman.

Giselle was laying on her back and tossing restlessly. The cover had been half kicked off with her movements, and he carefully solidified a ‘hand’ to pull it gently across her. Gaining confidence, he settled on the edge of the bed and carefully caressed a plump ankle, the soft skin yielding under the touch.

His consort? A human? Never in all his centuries had he heard of a human consort. But then again, he had never heard of a squan finding a mate at all; only insanity. He had zero doubts in his ability to satisfy her; if she was his consort, it would literally be impossible to do anything else. He desperately desired to please her; surprise her…where to start?

When he had done this with his ‘consort’ of his past life, his actions had often failed to please. But his actions had been born of thoughtful consideration rather than fulfilling his instinct. It had felt forced, contrived, and tentative.

With Giselle, the answer to pleasing her came swiftly, naturally, and brought with it a surge of confidence. His hand would not be sufficient for this, so he poured more power into casting himself into a mould of his old form. She would not be able to see it - but she would be able to feel it. Nuzzling softly under the blankets, he slowly kissed his way up her soft thighs, desperately wishing he could truly feel the texture. To have actual lips, to taste her….

Giselle murmured softly, yielding her legs, and quieted.

The backs of her knees were quite sensitive, and he gently massaged the hidden dimple behind each knee. Without eyes, lack of light was not a problem. Her stunning form visible for his inspection under the blanket, and he lazily began stroking up the outsides of her thighs, his touch inching closer and closer to the apex of her thighs.

Not yet, his instinct commanded. More.

Her stomach was incredibly soft, the delicate skin gently holding the plumpness below. Compared to the delicate bones of her ankles and wrists, the middle of her body formed quite a dramatic curve. Instantly understanding that a jiggle or grasp would deeply displease her, Ademar flattened his hands and let them roam her sides slowly.

Under his ministrations, Giselle inhaled deeply, stunning blue eyes catching the light as long blonde spikes lifted. For a split second, a languid peace cloaked her face, quickly followed by panic. The covers were tented up, as if a form was crawling up her bed. Her entire form jerked, and her plump hands yanked the edge of the covers back. “Ademar?” she cried, panic clear in her tone.

Yes, I am here with you.

Inhaling several times to calm herself, the water witch smirked. “You are awful, you know th – that!” The last word emerged as a stuttering gasp as pressure settled between her legs. “You sound different.”

Oh?

After a long moment of consideration, her pursed lips unfolded. “Yes – you sound happy.”

Of course I am happy – I am here with you.

“If you are trying to make me melt, it is not working,” she huffed.

It is absolutely working, he chuckled, fingers busy.

That chuckle made her shiver, and she grinned as his audacity. “I can feel more of you than last time,” she announced, eyes widening as she took in the pressure on her legs, and a light touch on her stomach. Hands stealing softly below the fabric, tentative pats slowly told her where his hands were, and she inched her way up his arms to his shoulders.

Yes, Melody freed me from my bonds.

Those blue eyed went wide, and she swallowed. “I see.”

Do not worry, Giselle. His soundless voice, which had carried a giddy undertone, softened. You are not, and will never be, in any danger from me. I swear it.

terralune likes this.
  17. Feb 27, 2019 #57

Xyantha Reborn

Xyantha Reborn

Xyantha Reborn

- Actually Very Tame!

The woman clearly wanted to believe him, because her tight expression relaxed and the line between her brows faded. “And….D? You promise you won’t hurt her?”

The long-suffering tone of his agreement spoke volumes. Of course. Even if I wanted to – which I do not, he clarified with haste at her alarmed expression. Even should I desire to hurt her; how could I hurt her, without hurting you?

“Even though you are…a squan?”

Even though I am a squan, he affirmed with utter confidence.

The plump woman pushed herself up against the headboard, expression reserved. That ready mouth was still, and her luminous eyes were flat with distrust. “Why?”

The squan made no effort to dissemble, pretending to misinterpret her meaning. I believe we are bonded; we share a path forward together.

A snort of disbelief escaped her, along with a moistening of those accusing eyes. “Really? You expect me to believe something like a fated connection?” If he thought even for a second that he could convince her of -

Do you not share one with Melody? He asserted.

Well. There was that. She pouted for a moment before real depression stole over her. “Yeah well; good luck with that, what with me being stuck here. Your connection with me is going to be boring and limited as hell.”

I have nothing but time. A smile could he heard behind his words, and his hands, which had stilled, began lightly stroking her arms. And you incorrectly assume that I desire anything else, except being with you.

She tried to resist being pulled into his arms as he moved beside her, but the contact was an irresistible siren’s call. The only thing that would make this experience better would be if she could see him; feeling his touch was lovely, but she was a fan of eye candy. And if that voice was any indication, his features would have been lovely. Though, she couldn’t quite place his accent.

He stroked her hair for several minutes, each lost in their own reverie.

“Ademar?”

Yes?

“I wish you could have met me years ago. Before I got locked in this tower. Before I got…”

Your fears displease me, he interrupted, voice strained as if fighting a physical ailment. I find you fascinating, riveting, and beautiful. There is literally no one else in the world I have desired, do desire, or will ever desire.

A part of her shivered at the ultimatum embedded in that sentence, and the other throbbed in delight at his attention. So possessive; she liked. A lot. But, she realized with a chill of fear, this might be part of the process of him possessing her –

I am not going to possess you, he snapped with some asperity. I just promised you that I would never hurt you. Possessing you would injure you, would it not. His irritation rapidly faded to bafflement. And why would I possess you? That would supress you; all I want is to be with you.

All I want is to be with you. Giselle closed her eyes and buried her face in his chest. She had been waiting her entire life for those words to be spoken, or even for that sentiment to be felt. Could he read her mind? Or had she spoken out loud and not realized? “I suppose it wouldn’t make sense for you to possess me even if you wanted to; I am trapped here. And I don’t even know what you look like,” she finally laughed, diverting the conversation back to safer waters. The laugh was weak, however, and she dashed at her eyes.

Not missing a single muscle movement, Ademar felt as if his entire being would burst, he was so full of emotion. For now, the man murmured as he grasped her wrists lightly, let us try an experiment.

The rest of his body seemed to go more insubstantial, but the invisible object under her hands began to take shape. Defining planes and edges were exposed under her light touch. A well cut jaw underscored thin cheeks with high cheekbones, and soft eyebrows overshadowed what seemed to be relatively deep set, large eyes. She inhaled sharply, imagining how his face would appear. What colour would his eyes be? What colour would his skin and hair be? “Is this really you?” she breathed.

More - a memory of my past self.

She didn’t want to think about that. If she thought too deeply, she might talk herself out of this. What would Melody do? Go with the flow, of course. “Kiss me,” she commanded, staring at where his eyes would be.

As you command.

His naughty tone alerted her, but she still squealed as cool air assaulted her legs. “No!” she cried, scandalized. Yessss. “On my lips!”

Yes, on your lips, he laughed. The blanket moved, and suddenly mobile lips flattened against hers before reappearing lower.

The plump woman allowed herself to go limp, breasts tingling as she stared up at the ceiling. “You always know exactly what I want,” she gasped as he began touching her sex. Even down to keeping the blanket covering her fat body. As her pleasure mounted, she reached down to guide him, feeling silky hair slip through her fingers. He must be pouring power into this, she realized as her hands drifted to the side of his head. He –

She stilled.

Oh god.

Suddenly, she knew.

Oh god.

She knew precisely what his eye colour was. What his hair colour was.

Oh no, no, no, no, no.

Purple.

“Oh god,” she gasped, barely registering that he had stopped. “You are a Shiva,” she cried, face consorting with disgust, the revolting feeling of his creepy ears still burning on her fingertips. “Stay away from me!” She slammed her legs shut, willing him away with every fiber of her being.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2019
    Starling and terralune like this.
  18. Feb 27, 2019 #58

Xyantha Reborn

Xyantha Reborn

Xyantha Reborn

- Actually Very Tame!

Chapter 17

Melody skipped back to the fire in the cave, feeling oddly alone. She didn’t often ‘do’ extended contact with people – it was so exhausting! G had always been the exception, never making her pretend to be anything other than what she was. Fen was like that too; strong and silent type wasn’t precisely it, but his sarcastic responses were genuine, and he never bothered with social conventions.

Dumping her load of wood beside it, she stretched her arms over her head, luxuriating in the pleasant hum that reverberated through her while in the forest. The thicker and more untrodden, the better she felt, and Fen had marched them right into a thick, dense forest. He was off scouting, she assumed, and had told her to stay here for the next few days.

Which was fine.

Really. She liked being alone, after all.

But the thief had taken Giselle’s mirror with him!

When had it gotten so chilly, she wondered absently as she got up, stubborn chin firming. Traipsing back outside, she began plucking berries and depositing them on a broad leaf, and using a stick to dig up some roots. She couldn’t understand why the idea of him taking the mirror upset her. It wasn’t like she wanted Giselle to be alone – Fen taking an interest was good. Her friend had been up in that tower, alone, for a long time. The woman had admitted the only reason she hadn’t thrown herself off of it was their friendship; and despite all Melody’s efforts, nothing had proven effective to busting her free from her case.

Of course, there was another way out – marriage. But that option was as about as impossible for her as it was for Melody herself.

So why should she feel this way, when Giselle had asked to speak with Fen before, and when Fen had snatched at her at the first opportunity? It was just another friend to have, and that was a good thing, Right? Suddenly, though, the forest seemed mighty big, and she seemed pretty darn alone in it. A sigh escaped her, and she paused at the mouth of the cave, looking into the ruddy interior with unfocused eyes. A vine curled around her wrist, but she barely noticed the offered comfort.

Cave camping was not something most people found pleasant, but the forest always accommodated her. By the time she had come in with her feast, a thick, spongy layer of moss had already thickly carpeted a lush bed of ferns. “Thanks, guys…” she murmured with true gratitude as she sank down onto the softness.

The fire crackled, and the young woman stared into it.

Against the green of her eyes, the reflection of the flame danced irrepressibly, only pausing when she occasionally blinked. Suddenly, her gaze sharpened, and she looked down at her wrist. The material, instead of reflecting light, absorbed it. Very similar to Fen’s armour, she noted absently. Touching it with her left hand, she gnawed at her lower lip, unable to ignore the thing she had been very successful at ignoring thus far.

She had – “Fucked up,” she mumbled to the plants below her, pouting. The ferns fanned against her legs in commiseration, and the moss fluffed into an even more supportive mattress. She sniffled, itched at her eye then stared at her fingers in surprise. “Why am I crying,” she murmured, blinking. Shaking her head, the witch wiped briskly at her eyes as she rolled into bed. “Must be overly tired. What is there to cry about when the sun might warm us, or rain might sooth us tomorrow?”

Unfortunately, it seemed an item left unresolved before sleep was the first thought in the order of the day.

The witch could not remember falling asleep, but it seemed as if her mind had kindly been holding that thought for her, as elegantly and as patiently as a servant with an invitation card. Stripping out of her clothes carelessly as she walked, she confidently bared her flesh to the noonday sun, breasts thrusting forward and swaying as she stretched up, then side to side.

The water plants burst forward as the water lapped at her ankles. “Gently, my loves,” she chuckled, passing a soothing palm over the nearest frond. Beneath her feet, the ground squished pleasantly. “let me have a moment, then I will come back.” Sliding past their gently grasping touch, she found, to her surprise, a sandbar. Turning to look back, she realized that the water on this side of the dune was different than the other. As she fully emerged from the water, she realized that the greater part of the lake was dead; a strange silence overtook her as she slid into the crystal-clear water.

Pushing away into deeper water, she let the sound of that deep silence overtake her. It reminded her of Giselle, and she smiled at the water lapping at her. “I really liked him. Like, a lot. There was something about him…” She thought for a long moment, eyes upturned to the ceiling. “A connection. I feel like I almost knew him. Or could get to know him,” she frowned, realizing how absurdly close to the concept of a soul mate she had come. “I feel like if I had played a longer game, he would have stayed interested,” she told the sky, conveniently forgetting her circumstances at the time. “It really upsets me; I don’t usually feel this way,” she added, a deeper frown marring her brow.

As she paddled, she wondered again when it had gotten so chilly. It felt more like fall than summer. Around her, plants murmured a busy assent as they began their preparation for the long sleep. As she moved her arms, the bracelet whatshisface gave her jangled annoyingly. Slapping her other hand on it, she scowled, suddenly fed up. “I am tired of this. Tired of thinking about it, tired of all of it!” she yelled, thrashing about in frustration. “Handsome, you better get here NOW if you want this to work out between us!” she bellowed, standing up as she crested the next dune.

terralune and bigisland like this.
  19. Feb 27, 2019 #59

Xyantha Reborn

Xyantha Reborn

Xyantha Reborn

- Actually Very Tame!

A humming noise so violent that her eardrums pounded preceded a flash of light, a wave of of water, and a harsh yell as a form fell from about four feet above the surface directly into the water beside her.

Caught mid hand-shaking-to-the-sky, Melody lowered her hand from her bracelet and took in the scene before her. Rising from the water like some sort of sea god, lilac eyes burned into her from under thunderous brows. But it was a pleasant burn, and she felt her body reacting to his fierce gaze from her curling toes to her aching breasts. “I knew you couldn’t resist my charms,” she crooned as she straightened her back, trusting her best asset to the forefront, concerns forgotten.

“You!” he hissed, fangs obvious in his tight expression. Crossing the distance between them in two lumbering strides, he grabbed her upper arms and shook her. “Damn you, you’ve caused me a world of trouble!” he growled, fury already dissipating at her nearness. As much as he had planned to scold her, get some sort of revenge on her, he felt his lips twitch as she breathily murmured:

“Does that mean you are going to spank this bad girl?” Her eyes shone with a distinct interest, and she lazily curled her legs around his waist, coiling herself against his torso. “Oh,” she murmured, eyes fluttering as her neck lolled slightly, back arching to close the distance between them. “I was wrong,” she murmured as if conceding a point to herself. “It is better than I remembered it.”

The halfling’s expression became bemused, eyes lidding as her hands found their way over his shoulder, gently petting and stroking his chest and back. “I should,” he acknowledged, finding the idea uniquely appealing. Especially if he was to lay her over his lap, belly on her back, and slap her. Every firm strike would send his belly shivering against her back, yet so heavy there was always pressure –

Blinking, the man frowned, head shaking from the eerily clear picture that had appeared in his mind. Why he would imagine his own body moving in that amount of detail, especially in the bloated state he was in, was beyond him. Speaking of which. He cringed as he realized the full extent of his gluttony was pressing into her. A deep swallow suddenly moved his throat, and his hands sprang free from their possessive hold on her ass. When had he done that?

“What’s wrong,” the beautiful creature in his arms asked, head rising from where she was gently kissing his shoulder.

“You’re touching me,” he choked out, almost moved to let her have his power, if he could have her body.

She gave a deeply satisfied sound of assent, nuzzling his jaw. “And I must say; I am absolutely loving it.” The brunette pulled back, shaking the thick hair plastered down her back loose. “But…” she hesitated, sliding a damp curl around her index finger. “The question is, are you?”

Was he?

It was hard to describe the emotion he was feeling. He had been with a few women in his time; there was always a section of the female population fascinated by his differences to grant him at least a smattering of experience. Although nothing like some of the human males he had met. It was as if he had been away on a journey for years and years, and had just shut the door to his rooms and come home.

It felt…perfect. Instead of books and his bed greeting him, however, warm green eyes and honey skin glistened at him. Rather than a cool bed, sun heated arms with cool droplets twined about him. And rather than feeling the simple urge to release himself on her willing body, he felt a bone deep need to fulfill, to satisfy her so completely. Or would satisfy her so completely? So sure of himself?

“I can stop.”

The words brought him out of his reverie, and he gave a short shake of the head, hands once again finding her firm ass.

“Do you want me to touch you?” She asked softly, lips hovering beside his twitching ear.

The idea was a welcome one, and he gave a curt nod. He even nodded a second time to her query of if she could touch him anywhere. The radiant smile dazzled him, and it felt as if something had punched him in the chest and gut at the same time. His huge gut, he recalled with chagrin. His physical wince of humiliation, however, was belayed by her soft pants and shivers of pleasure, along with her greedy touches. Raising his eyes to meet hers, he swallowed, fear pushed to the side.

The witch’s lips curved wickedly, and she leaned into him to kiss his lips. As their warm mouths met, she softened against him, seemingly gone boneless as a sound escaped her lips that had him hardening despite the cool water. The deep humming –

Humming. No! Wide lilac eyes met green only for a moment before he twisted his head to look upwards.

Launching himself backwards, against her hold and those of the weeds around them, he narrowly avoided a knife strike that appeared from a portal above him. IDIOT! He railed against himself, feeling his leg give out as he turned. Idiot, idiot, idiot! Never stay where you portalled to!

Melody shrieked in fury. On the shores of the lake, trees wrenched themselves as if in a high wind, plants exploding into a bloom and snaking towards her with impossible speed. The plants already in the cave, however, responded first. As if spurred by their recent proximity, the strong creeping vines which called the dark cave home exploded outwards across the surface of the water in a carpet of green, then abruptly grew directly upwards. The vines appeared to disappear at four feet, as if covered by an invisible wall.

Shrieks sounded from above the couple. Not of rage, as in Melody’s cry, but of agony. A root exploded from the sandy lake floor, showering dirty water as it shot upwards, flailing. “Shut the damned portal door!” a male voice shrieked as stone tile rained down from the hole. “Shut it, shut it, shut - !” the voice abruptly cut off, and the vines and tree root began slowly leaking green ichor as they were abruptly cut.

In the sudden silence, Handsome snarled. “Damnit!” Apparently, his senses had left him, because in spite of being sure of a successful dodge, a sudden bloom of cold pain was growing across his shoulder, and the water below him was pink.

Starling and terralune like this.
  20. Feb 27, 2019 #60

Xyantha Reborn

Xyantha Reborn

Xyantha Reborn

- Actually Very Tame!

Melody followed his gaze, crying out at the red haze spreading through the clear water. The vines coiled around them both and half towed, half carried him back to the cave. Gently depositing the man on the bed of moss, the vines hovered like a fretful dog, each cut stalk like a weeping eye as it followed their master’s motion.

The witch dropped to her knees beside him, examining the deep stab wound in his shoulder after a cursory glance at his leg. When he tensed in pain, the red flesh under his skin was exposed, along with shiny fibres. Tendons? Ligaments? Melody couldn’t recall what exactly they were, but heedlessly slapped her hands over both the openings. “This is going to hurt like crazy,” she snapped.

“More than it’s already hurting?” the naked man snapped back. “When did they get my leg?” He snarled, fangs free as he grimaced in pain.

Ignoring him, the witch closed her eyes. “Don’t try to hurt me while I am out, or you’ll pay!” she warned with deadly sincerity – then began.

The plump man gaped at her, then went ridged, a keen escaping his clenched teeth that broke into a scream after a few moments. Under her hands, his flesh began to burn like fire, and his entire leg went stiff, completely unable to pull away from her touch. A rib in his chest felt like it cracked as his left shoulder seized. It was over almost as fast as it began – or he had blacked out. Her brown eyes had completely rolled back in her head, revealing pure white. A line of blood ran out of both sides of her nose as she collapsed.

“Stop!” he cried, using his own hands to jerk his leg away from her. He had to lean forward to catch her prone form. Turning her over, he frantically felt for her pulse, sighing in relief when he found it. Coughing several times, he shifted her to his lap so he could examine his leg. It was still a nasty cut, but it looked…different. No stranger to wounds, he was grimly aware that cut muscles, tendons and such, when snapped, recoiled back into the body. Most healing focused on closing the wound – his wound was still open, but the fibres of his muscles seemed to have stretched back to their original position and were knit together.

If he didn’t close the wound soon, it wouldn’t matter what she had done. Glancing at the plants around him with new respect, he swallowed. “I’m going to draw on her power. I am not trying to hurt her, and I wont use too much, if she is worn out. I need to finish this so that I can take care of her. Do you understand?”

He felt foolish talking to the plants, but those vine stalks were most definitely staring at him, and the very air seemed to have stilled, their presence a looming threat. He felt even more foolish when no response came. Clearing his throat, he smoothed his hands along her arms, absently noting how perfectly her bottom fit against his thighs, and how wonderful her weight felt against his chest. “Here goes nothing,” he grumbled as he opened himself to her.

The half Shiva recoiled in horror at the devastation he found, but forced himself back in. After a panicked moment that she had just done this to herself by helping him, he re-examined the deadened ends of her magical network. They had been burned out for a long time. And this wasn’t the typical structured format he saw. Pure chaos reigned all around him; there were ends that were completely dead and brittle, and those which clung to life. Around this tangle grew new stems, verdant and pulsating with life. There were no neatly cultured paths and rows of measured wells. Instead, it was a tangled, writhing mass.

Fenri swallowed, eyeing the plants next to him. He wondered if the witch had seen his brothers as those roots had shot through and around them. The sure thing was that he did not wish to suffer a similar fate; those plants would kill him if he made the wrong move. He had never been more sure of a thing in his life. When he cautiously reached for a live tendril, he had to hold his ground as the tendril unwound and reached for him, like a vine reaching for the light. Instead of the normal trickle or pulse of power one caught by tapping a line, he was utterly flooded with power. Eyes rolling back in his head, his jaws bunched as he tried to control the raw power searing at him.

Anjula, Starling and terralune like this.