What’s on the dinner table (part 2)?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

HUGEisElegant

This. From what I hear cider in America is apple juice (correct me if I'm wrong) but here its an alcoholic beverage.
Well, here in North America, there are several ciders. Generally, "cider" is an unfiltered (light brown), unsweetened, non-alcoholic version of apple juice. Then there is also hot apple cider and mulled cider that has different spices mixed into it, which is generally more commonly served during the Christmas holidays and in the winter. However, there are alcoholic ciders here as well. There are several imported ones from Europe, but also many that are made here as well. They can be made from apple or many, many other kinds of fruit.

Alcoholic ciders used to be very common here in centuries past, but other alcoholic beverages became more popular here and tastes changed over time, and a lot of them became forgotten about. It's not until the last 20 years or so where alcoholic cider drinks of all kinds have slowly begun to become more popular here. Now there are many smaller makers and brewers in particular who produce ciders of all kinds. I had just never heard of the rhubarb/custard combination before. :)

sarahe543

Possibly jerk chicken and rice and peas followed by cream cakes.

sarahe543

Loaded hot dogs and dirty fries.
Maybe dessert but I've been super indulged already. I think my co worker is feeding me. Shes given me pretzels and a doughnut today :)

HUGEisElegant

Even though I'm Canadian, my parents and the rest of my family are American, so for my July 4th meal I made marinated lemon chicken on the grill, baked beans, devilled eggs and a tossed spinach salad with strawberries, toasted slivered almonds and a poppyseed dressing.

Group builder