Quantcast

What book are you reading right now?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

ClashCityRocker

Outer Space Potato Man
On the Road by Kerouac...for the millionth time. started it on a cross-country train. seemed appropriate.;)

Jigen

Henri Pirenne, Economic and social history of Medieval Europe.

fat hiker

The Bright Silver Star, by David Handler.

A murder mystery, in which one of the victims, Donna, who is described as short and round, gets these great lines: "Me, I like a full-bodied man. A man whose ass is bigger than mine. That's all any woman wants."

MattB

Canucklehead
DM Supporter
Just downloaded The Barrytown Trilogy by Roddy Doyle, which I plan to start reading in about 20 minutes or so.

Xyantha Reborn

- Actually Very Tame!
Just finished last Wheel of Time book. Given all the loose ends, the writer did a good job, and focused on closure....but it felt so all over the place, like flash forwards for hundreds of pages. At least i have personal "series" closure.

Reading El Darado...its interesting. Wouldnt be a normal pick, but enjoying it!

wrestlingguy

"Bitter Old Man"
Reading "Fat Kids" by Rebecca Jane Weinstein. Got it as a Christmas gift, but just getting around to reading it now.

southerngyrl

He's one of my very favourite authors.
I noticed you said Neil Gaimon is one of your favorite authors. A friend recently made me read American Gods. He said he thought I would like the theme since I am always saying that anything can be a god in your life if you make it one. Anyway, I just thought the book was ok. Since I wasn’t overly enthused with it, I haven’t read anything else by Gaimon. Would you say American Gods is a good overall representation of his work or is there something else by him you would recommend someone reading before giving up on Gaimon completely?

MattB

Canucklehead
DM Supporter
Just downloaded The Barrytown Trilogy by Roddy Doyle, which I plan to start reading in about 20 minutes or so.
Struggling to make it through. I'm reading The Snapper right now, but Doyle's style feels real choppy to me. If you've read the stories you'll know what I mean.

Also, I now say "Jaysis" way too much. Albeit in an Ottawa accent.

Jigen

Hannah Arendt, Eichmann in Jerusalem: A report on the banality of Evil.

dharmabean

♥ ɢrÃ¥тıтuɗɛ
Current book I'm reading for review on my review blog:
Haunted Book Case

Girl on the Pier

Abandoned time and again by those he holds dear, Patrick Clement is forging a reputation as a forensic sculptor, helping to identify the unclaimed missing. But he can’t leave behind a remarkable summer night in 1993, spent alone on Brighton’s derelict West Pier with Black, a beautiful photography student. Patrick is haunted by the fact that no sooner did he get to know her than she disappeared from his life...

Who is this girl? And where is Black, the one who got away?

Decades on, while at work, Patrick is tasked with reconstructing the skull of an unidentified girl found on the pier in the 1970s – the pier he still thinks about. A crime he recalls from childhood, when his family life was in turmoil, Patrick works to discover the truth behind what has happened.

Set in Brighton, The Girl on the Pier spans several decades, from the seventies to the present day. Inspired by literary novelists such as Ian McEwan, Anne Tyler and John Updike, Paul uses vivid images to make the reader feel as though they are right there in the story. The Girl on the Pier will appeal to lovers of psychological thrillers and suspense novels.

ODFFA

The Time Traveler's Guide To Medieval England - Ian Mortimer It's everything I hoped it would be. Wouldn't mind picking up his other books in the series.

Andre Rieu: My Music, My Life - Marjorie Rieu I just seriously admire this dude as a human being, so this book is turning out to be exactly what I hoped as well. And it's not too badly written, considering it's been translated from Dutch.

Latest posts