What did you buy today?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

AtlantisAK

I bought this shrug on ebay and finaly got it in today. :( Shoulda bought it in a 3x, but it's still cute. I'm sure I can modify it if needed for a lil extra room and longer sleeves.
EDIT: Oh, I also got a really cute plain black dress...Will post pics of it since there arent any on the web. I got it from Target for like, $12.

View attachment 9372_1.jpg

Cors

Delurking
Grey knit cardigan dress!

dk_grey_long_cardi_2_.jpg

cherylharrell

Always Mikes Big Girl
Where'd ya'll get the shrug and the cardigan dress. Those are so cute. So is some of the other stuff in this thread... :)

BeaBea

Man up or move on!
Grey knit cardigan dress!

I LOVE that. When your figure has as many lumps and bumps as mine a thin knit like that never sits smoothly, but I love how they look.

Tracey

No-No-Badkitty

Purrrrrrrrr~
I bought several corset tops from Torrid and some really neat skirts from Hottopic. If I get to wear any this weekend maybe I can con my husband into trying to take my picture ;)
Maybe ;)

SamanthaNY

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄&
Much shinier in person - brown patent (they come in other colors and leathers - and I want them all) with slight metallic bordeaux feeling.... just a feeling, mind you... to it. And some copper, if you glance quickly.

And... they're like buttah.

5722784uf4.th.jpg

Tina

Older and wiser now
I LOVE that. When your figure has as many lumps and bumps as mine a thin knit like that never sits smoothly, but I love how they look.

Tracey
I agree, on both counts, Tracey. I remember seeing stuff like this in the 70s, only with very tight stovepipe-legged jeans underneath and thigh high suede boots. And sometimes, when chilly, with a thin turtle- or cowl-necked sweater underneath. I YEARNED to be able to wear something like it, but back then, the only things in my size were ugly.

MissToodles

dead peasant
The bra below from lane bryant. My old one is falling apart and I think I was wearing the wrong cup size. I wish I could buy a matching shirt for it, but oh well, it's for private viewing only.

Sugar Magnolia

so sweet.
Much shinier in person - brown patent (they come in other colors and leathers - and I want them all) with slight metallic bordeaux feeling.... just a feeling, mind you... to it. And some copper, if you glance quickly.

And... they're like buttah.

5722784uf4.th.jpg

And where might one find these, Ms. Samantha? :) Me likes!

SamanthaNY

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄&
And where might one find these, Ms. Samantha? :) Me likes!

They're by Bernardo (I wasn't familiar with the brand, but apparently it's well thought of), and I got them from Nordies. I can't rave enough how well they fit. I have a fairly wide, fat foot resulting in most footwear having a break-in period... but not these. Instantly comfy.

So well made... will last years. So worth the price.

Theatrmuse/Kara

Warrior Momma
They're by Bernardo (I wasn't familiar with the brand, but apparently it's well thought of), and I got them from Nordies. I can't rave enough how well they fit. I have a fairly wide, fat foot resulting in most footwear having a break-in period... but not these. Instantly comfy.

These do look like wonderful shoes...............but 169 dollars is a bit too much for me. Boohoo!
Love them tho...........Kara

Sugar Magnolia

so sweet.

Thanks so much!

cherylharrell

Always Mikes Big Girl
This is a what I bought last Sat post. Went last Fri to see arlo do a show in MD so on the way back I stopped at Potomac Mills outlet mall (Torrid!!!!) and the mall in Fredericksburg (Deb Store!!!!). I bought nothing in Torrid cuz what I saw & liked was either too expensive or they were out of it in 3 or 4x or it didn't fit right. Lane Bryant Outlet-- a longsleeve pj top Underwear Outlet store-- Underpants and some disposable paper hankerchiefs with pretty flowers on them Claires and Icing Jewelry-- gold owl earrings for $1 ( I know some of you would just love them), gold hoop earrings with gold and wineish brownish hearts on them for $1, blackish grayish hematite beaded bracelet set. Deb Store-- brown leggings with a brown bows and silver beads dangling beads on each leg only $5.99 or $6.99, $2 clearance bracelet set, and they had a sale on jewelry buy one & get one 50% off, so I got a gold & brown bangle bracelet set & a pink & silver bangle bracelet set.

In Ashley Stewart the other day I got 2 nice bangle bracelet sets for $3 something each...

cherylharrell

Always Mikes Big Girl
Oh yeah, when I went into the Deb Store I asked them if they were ever gonna get any stores back in my area. They said they recently opened a store that has the plus sizes in it, in my area about 45 mins to an hr away. Yay! No more having to travel 100 miles to shop in a Deb store! If only they would get a Torrid & a Value City Dept store here...

HDANGEL15

GREATFUL
I went to NYC yesterday and found a great store called SHOE MANIA, and they did a 2nd pair for 1/2 price.....

I bought a very cool pair of Ed Hardy rain / snow boots, that no one in my neck of the woods will have :D

and a pair of Frye Brown Engineer Boots, although the color isn't showing up right here....

I had em shipped so I found pics on zappos.com I think are right, but willl photograph when I get em ...

View attachment ed hardy.jpg

View attachment frye engineer.jpg

Latest posts