Quantcast

What Do YOU Do To Feel Pretty?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

BigCutieAnya

Amazon Goddess
http://www.facebook.com/AmandaPearlRobison,
I've really enjoyed reading all the replies to this thread! It is not surprising to see that a BBW content with herself does things to CELEBRATE her body, while our thin counterparts tend to deny themselves....Sad really...For them.

"What do You Do To Feel Pretty?"

The SmartAssed Answer: I touch myself!!!

The Serious Answer:

1: The Unformal Cleansing Ritual: I run a nice hot bath and light some scented candles while listening to deep and powerful music with a lot of female energy. (Think drumming or Loreena McKennit ) Shave off unwanted hair, exfoliate with a loofah and a nice smelling antibacterial soap. (Helps with body acne.) Dry off, and then a silky but not oily lotion with a dusting of powder.

2: Bellydancing!

3: Getting naked in nature!: Relishing in the bounty of an endless sky, enormous mountains, towering trees or vast expanses of water reminds me on a spiritual level of how NATURAL and beautiful it truly is to be ABUNDANT and be a WOMAN on this our MOTHER EARTH.

Guess what? It's NOT a small world afterall!

4: Getting Dolled Up!: Perfect hair, make-up and diva bomb diggedy clothing really does the trick! Nothing like all those stares to make ya a lil smug!

Famouslastwords

Iaintnogoddamnsonofabitch
Stealing some of the ideas that I actually do from this thread:

I wear perfume- I wore a different perfume every time I saw this guy for a long time when I first hung out with him. Although he probably didn't appreciate it, it made me feel pretty. Current scent collection: Clinique's Happy, Happy- Heart, and Happy-to-be, Liz Claiborne's Curve, Britney Spear's Fantasy (it's alright) and my newly acquired Armani Code!

I get my hair done- I like to get my hair done for my mama's Christmas Eve party every year. And I dye it on my own sometimes.

I wear a dress with nylons- nylons make me feel pretty sexy!

I get a pedicure.

toni

In the know
I get my hair done- I like to get my hair done for my mama's Christmas Eve party every year. And I dye it on my own sometimes.
Yes! This works like a charm. I had my hair highlighted last night and I feel all PRETTTTTTTY.

Micara

Living and Learning
I, too, am a LUSH addict. I love their bubble bars and shampoo bars. I take a Lush bubble bath about every night and it makes me feel fabulous.

I guess, to feel pretty, I wear dresses a lot. I've always preferred dresses. I don't even think I owned a pair of jeans until I was 12. I was always rather prissy. I also like to wear shoes with heels, but this may be because I am only 5'2" and that's exaggerating a teensy bit. :) Also, I like to wear shirts and dresses and show off my cleavage quite a bit.

I never leave the house without makeup, not even to go to the store. I cut and color my hair and wax my eyebrows myself, because I don't trust anyone else, and I've always been good at hair. I wear my hair very long (almost to my butt) and I don't plan on cutting it anytime soon. I try to smile a lot. I also shake my booty when I walk, and I've been told that I "pose" a lot. Sometimes, when I walk, I hear the song "Barracuda" in my head, and I walk in time to that. Does anyone else do this, or am I just weird? Haha. I think that's just my flamboyant personality. ;) I guess all those things help me feel pretty. But nothing works quite as well as my boyfriend telling me that I am. :blush:

Lamia

Like OMG!!
I just had a pedicure for the first time and it was awesome. I feel so pretty. My feet are so soft. She painted me nails pink and put a blue flower on the big toe. I highly recommend it.

Fallenangel2904

Fat Fashionista
I just had a pedicure for the first time and it was awesome. I feel so pretty. My feet are so soft. She painted me nails pink and put a blue flower on the big toe. I highly recommend it.
Agreed! Pedicures are an awesome way to feel 'pretty'!. I hadn't had one in YEARS and got one recently too and loved it :)

I like experiment with makeup when I'm home, try out new things, look at tutorials online and see if I can copy them. Wind up learning some interesting techniques and feeling really pretty in the process :)

CastingPearls

Go Big Or Go Home
In Remembrance
I put my face on and dress well. I carry myself with my head held high. I talk to strangers and flirt shamelessly. I throw my head back and laugh until I cry or my stomach hurts or something comes out of my nose. I contribute to spirited debate and do not get easily offended but will not deny irritating people on purpose. I have a mind-blowing orgasm everyday.

These are a few of my favorite things.

Green Eyed Fairy

Funky Faerie Queene
I put my face on and dress well. I carry myself with my head held high. I talk to strangers and flirt shamelessly. I throw my head back and laugh until I cry or my stomach hurts or something comes out of my nose. I contribute to spirited debate and do not get easily offended but will not deny irritating people on purpose. I have a mind-blowing orgasm everyday.

These are a few of my favorite things.
Lol this reminds me of what I did today....the owner/lead doctor came in wearing a blue shirt. He saw me looking and asked me how I was doing.....I simply told him that shirt was a great color on him. I think I surprised him a little ;) :p

CastingPearls

Go Big Or Go Home
In Remembrance
Lol this reminds me of what I did today....the owner/lead doctor came in wearing a blue shirt. He saw me looking and asked me how I was doing.....I simply told him that shirt was a great color on him. I think I surprised him a little ;) :p
Doesn't cost a thing to make someone feel good. And it comes back to you in spades.

Nothing. I am not the sum of my parts, I am a whole person. We put too much emphasis on being pretty and/or sexy just like our skinny sisters. Anyone wanna know what I do to feel good though? I feed the hungry and I spend time playing outside with my neighbors' kids and grandchildren or go to a metal concert. It makes me feel better than some old mani/pedi or spa and/or mall trip anyday. And yes I do wear my sweats, old sneakers and comfy old stretched-out Joe Satriani t-shirt in public if I feel like it. No one is going to tell me to live in makeup, jewelry, and overpriced fashion clothing just because I am fat and that I have to dress like I have lots of money just to "compete" with other fat women. If that's the case, women like that can just have their little competition without me. My world's more fun and relaxed anyway.

Surlysomething

In Remembrance
In Remembrance
Nothing. I am not the sum of my parts, I am a whole person. We put too much emphasis on being pretty and/or sexy just like our skinny sisters. Anyone wanna know what I do to feel good though? I feed the hungry and I spend time playing outside with my neighbors' kids and grandchildren or go to a metal concert. It makes me feel better than some old mani/pedi or spa and/or mall trip anyday. And yes I do wear my sweats, old sneakers and comfy old stretched-out Joe Satriani t-shirt in public if I feel like it. No one is going to tell me to live in makeup, jewelry, and overpriced fashion clothing just because I am fat and that I have to dress like I have lots of money just to "compete" with other fat women. If that's the case, women like that can just have their little competition without me. My world's more fun and relaxed anyway.
That's really not what this thread is about. Why derail it? :rolleyes:

Ahimsa

Well beauty comes with confidence for me, I used to lack confidence about my looks and didn't do much to look good. However my self confidence has become much higher the past year and I just vowed to myself to never hate body again for being ''fat''. It's curvy and beautiful, and guys keep telling me that too. So now, I decided to give up caring what society thinks, and started to wear what I want when I want to. What makes me feel beautiful is:

1) Wearing clothes that emphasize my curves, like low-cut tops and skirts; even tight fitting t-shirts.

2) Taking care of myself by getting enough sunlight, being clean, using massage oil on my legs and thighs every night to keep them soft and relaxed, using facial scrubs and creams for my body and using perfume every day.

3) Putting on make up to emphasize my big almond dark eyes

4) Taking care of my long long hair (it's completely down my back to the beginning of my butt) and making it look shiny and well cared for

5) (Belly) dancing does wonderful things for my body and makes me feel comfy in my curves =)

TheMrs

I am a girly-girl by nature.
I do many things to feel ultra feminine.
I always use a good shampoo/conditioner. I have highlights in my naturally dishwater blonde/light brown hair. Otherwise it's very dull to me. I tend toward bigger hair. I love full, silky wavy hair on myself.
After every bath or shower while still wet I spray scented oil all over, then rub it in and dry off. I never had that trouble with itchy dry skin in winter doing that...
I wear makeup almost every single day. If not, I'm not leaving the house. I love makeup. I became addicted at about age 8 when the Avon lady moved in across the street:)
I'm not a tshirt & jeans kind of girl. That CAN be cute, but it's just not me. I think I own 2-3 tshirts.
I don't have long nails but I do keep them trimmed and always wear a coat of polish usually just a pinky-nude color. I love having a pedicure. Something about freshly pedicured feet and cute sandals make me happy!
It's a lot of work to be fabulous:) I tell my husband that all the time! =D
I love being a girl.

Theatrmuse/Kara

Warrior Momma
Just spending a few more minutes on hair and makeup.........I only wear makeup when teaching, but it makes me feel nice.

I used to LOVE perfume and scented soaps, but SO MANY people are really bothered by scents while I was in chemo and now in my Womansong chorus that I am always aware to use no-scent shampoo, hairspray and no longer wear perfume or anything scented. It really can make some feel so sick they have to leave a rehearsal so we have it as a rule now. I would really feel badly if someone was allergic or got sick because of my wanting to smell good. (BUT I will sometimes wear scents at home....never out anymore.)

violetviolets

This might sound silly but keeping my hair long makes me feel pretty. I also love fashion and wearing fake eyelashes. When I want to pamper myself, a relaxing bath is really the most enjoyable and uplifting thing for me.

EMH1701

I light a candle, turn on some jazz or classical music, and take a long hot bubble bath.

Jess87

Man-Bat Groupie
I've never been that girly. Even as a kid I had much more fun playing in the mud and catching toads rather than playing dress up. So, feeling pretty for me is as simple as wearing a blouse rather than a t-shirt. Tossing on a skirt and actually putting on make-up works too. Also, as silly as it sounds, the swish-swish movement of a properly done pony tail also works for me. I'm easy.

Lamia

Like OMG!!
I like pedicures and manicures and getting eyebrows waxed. Little things like that make me feel purty. :)

GlassDaemon

I have a list and it's all material.... and one is selfish:

* Shave/wax yes, being hairless makes me feel sexy and sadly it's on the top of my list likely cause I'm a very hairy person.
* Wear a bikini, I just came back from vacation, it was the first year I've worn a bikini since I was about ten years younger and a hundred pounds lighter, words cannot describe how sexy it made me feel, but it also may have been my boyfriend's eyes that were glued to me! heheh!
* Nice clothes, not just nice, but skirts and tights, especially thigh highs make me feel sexy.
* Make up, this isn't a big detail to me, I feel I look just as nice with just eyeliner and mascara as I do the full enchilada with foundation and blush and lipstain.
* My last one, though this isn't necessarily last in that it works the least just that this is my selfish one. I'll bug my boyfriend, whether it be baiting him for compliments or laying in his bed naked while he's playing games and successfully distracting him and ultimately making him fail at his game. :D

I'm not big on "pretty" as that sounds cutish to me and I don't think I'm cute, I try to be and from what people tell me it comes out maniacal or deranged in some way. I do however often feel sexy and beautiful, in the very naughty, dark way.

Latest posts