What is your weight right now?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Shotha

DM Supporter
do you actually play Sumo?
I don't now as I'm 66, almost 67, but I used to. I still go along to local tournaments. I still stick to the diet that coach gave me. I've been thinking of starting a Seniors Sumo Group but I've also been thinking about starting a local group for bears, chubs and chasers and perhaps the occasional sumo night would be fun there.

happily_married

Happy to be part of Dims!
I don't now as I'm 66, almost 67, but I used to. I still go along to local tournaments. I still stick to the diet that coach gave me. I've been thinking of starting a Seniors Sumo Group but I've also been thinking about starting a local group for bears, chubs and chasers and perhaps the occasional sumo night would be fun there.
i hear you. though I’ll say this, I train Judo with a guy who’s 60 and he usually beats my ass! He’s 5’6 and about 185, solid. Hard as steel. Tosses some of us younger guys around like it’s nothing!

Shotha

DM Supporter
i hear you. though I’ll say this, I train Judo with a guy who’s 60 and he usually beats my ass! He’s 5’6 and about 185, solid. Hard as steel. Tosses some of us younger guys around like it’s nothing!
That's why I thinking of doing sumo again but at a pace I can manage. To be honest, the main reason why I'm not involved in sumo now is that we don't have a sumo club around here.

happily_married

That's why I thinking of doing sumo again but at a pace I can manage. To be honest, the main reason why I'm not involved in sumo now is that we don't have a sumo club around here.
that’s a bummer. I have 2 clubs I train at, one here where I work and the other up the road where my family lives. Of course right now both clubs are closed and some tournaments we had scheduled are cancelled. My daughter is so disappointed. She has latched onto this and loves it.

Sucks you don’t have a club nearby.

op user

407 last time I checked, but with not working or really leaving my house for the last week do to the virus, I've basically been a couch potato. I suspect that number is going to go up quite a bit depending on how long this lasts lol!
As I said to several female friends the number going up is one of those happy unintended consequence. All those nice curves on a female body.

happily_married

Seems healthy. I'm trying to get there again. I haven't found a weight I'm comfortable at.
This weight is definitely my sweet spot. 160-165. I don’t like to cut below 160 and I start reigning myself if if I break 165.

finding your happy place can be a challenge. I’m sorry you’re not able to find that weight where you’re comfortable. Hopefully being here on Dims will help you think through where you are. Maybe some of the members here can encourage you.:)

docilej

I like her large AND in-charge :)
6'/165lbs. Not sure if the women of this site would be down to that...or if they were with someone of my "stature" they would be trying to fatten me up 🤔

happily_married

6'/165lbs. Not sure if the women of this site would be down to that...or if they were with someone of my "stature" they would be trying to fatten me up 🤔
YMMV. Some of the women here are FFAs so you may have less appeal to them. Some are BBW/SSBBWs who like lean, fit guys. I’m like you just not as tall. 5’7 and 164 so pretty light framed. I think it’s important to remember that none of us are universally appealing to everyone.

Group builder