Why is the BHM/FFA board currently so repetitive and boring?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

fritzi

Okay - I'm out of thrilling new ideas myself right now - but still:

16 of the threads on the first page of the board are 1 year and older .... and despite some lovely classics (like new pictures of Chris&Mary), many of them seem quite worn out. Their story is told, informational value over.

What's wrong with our board?

Anybody have any insights?

Or maybe fun, brilliant, controversial, inspiring, unusual, arousing or whatever suggestions for a new thread???

FishCharming

derailer extraordinaire!

16 of the threads on the first page of the board are 1 year and older .... and despite some lovely classics (like new pictures of Chris&Mary), many of them seem quite worn out. Their story is told, informational value over.

Or maybe fun, brilliant, controversial, inspiring, unusual, arousing or whatever suggestions for a new thread???
i blame rellis.

rellis10

tuh-maw-tow
These are the kind of responses and exchanges I was refering to.
Do they lead anywhere?
What do people get out of them?
Hasn't the novelty worn off long ago?

Or am I missing some essentials of this board? :confused:
Does every conversation have to be meaningful and innovative? How's that for an open, discussion inviting question? :rolleyes:

fritzi

Does every conversation have to be meaningful and innovative? How's that for an open, discussion inviting question? :rolleyes:
No - you're right, it doesn't.

Being silly and meaningless can be a lot of fun - and who doesn't need that at least semi-regularly?

I guess I currently miss the middle ground here - a little more innovative, creative, contriversial stuff to think about, a little less meaningless fun there's so much of.... :sad:

SitiTomato

Okay - I'm out of thrilling new ideas myself right now - but still...

fun, brilliant, controversial, inspiring, unusual, arousing or whatever suggestions for a new thread???

Wait I got it. A thread about ample chested racist clowns getting their college degrees while facing adversity.

It's got it all.

Zowie

Zowie-Zilla
The way I look at it is, the 'on topic' stuff's been done. You can only talk about clothing sizes, moobs, and squashing etc before it gets repetitive. The board is GREAT for new members who've just discovered the lifestyle -- for lack of a better word -- but once you've been around more than a few months, it's same old, same old. We can only do so much admiring via web, no?

As for the offtopic stuff, well it's a community, isn't it? I've made some really great friends though this website, of course I'll kid around with them.

Paquito

don't July to me
The way I look at it is, the 'on topic' stuff's been done. You can only talk about clothing sizes, moobs, and squashing etc before it gets repetitive. The board is GREAT for new members who've just discovered the lifestyle -- for lack of a better word -- but once you've been around more than a few months, it's same old, same old. We can only do so much admiring via web, no?

As for the offtopic stuff, well it's a community, isn't it? I've made some really great friends though this website, of course I'll kid around with them.
NO BITCH, WE NEED TO DISCUSS BACK FAT IN SERIOUS DETAIL.

No but really, topics are exhaustive. I'm not a fan of how "Lounge-y" this place has gotten but meh, it's not stopping people from still talking about BHM/FFA stuff. I mean if someone comes up with a topic that we haven't squashed to death, go for it.

FishCharming

derailer extraordinaire!
No - you're right, it doesn't.

Being silly and meaningless can be a lot of fun - and who doesn't need that at least semi-regularly?

I guess I currently miss the middle ground here - a little more innovative, creative, contriversial stuff to think about, a little less meaningless fun there's so much of.... :sad:
who's being silly? Rellis's shameless pic whoring has run off everyone. i say we crucify him!

Zowie

Zowie-Zilla
NO BITCH, WE NEED TO DISCUSS BACK FAT IN SERIOUS DETAIL.
I'm currently taking a cross-country trip to study such back-fat on the field. I hope to have my research published and to win an award for it.

Hozay J Garseeya

Rooder. Crooder. Neuter.

I understand your question completely, but you also have to take into consideration that it's a much smaller group than the rest of the boards. the last lively debate/convo/thread we had was about the chicken nuggets. I don't think there's enough of us that actually post who frequent the BHM side to shelve out new topics every few weeks.

CastingPearls

Go Big Or Go Home
In Remembrance
You people are so first century. We use nail guns now.

Rellis, get into position. No...not that one....the arms outstretched one, on the wood. No, no, not THAT wood. Sheesh.

Fat Brian

retarded disfigured clown

The BHM board has always been kinda lighthearted. A place where single fat guys can come and be fawned over by willing womenfolk. The character of each board is kind of established by its intended users and evidently most of the guys here like to chill and be silly. Its actually a good balance for the seriousness of the other boards.

Melian

Ultimate Chimera
What kind of "serious" topics could we even discuss here? As mentioned, the few informational-type threads have already been started - stuff about clothing for guys, day-to-day issues associated with being fat, how fat guys can meet women, etc.

Besides, how many fat guys really need more information on being fat? They've probably got it figured out....so what's the problem with joking around as a community with a common interest?

Latest posts