Yep, i've had enough...

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

MaryElizabethAntoinette

Beauty is Relative
I thought coming back today things might have got slightly better…. But they’ve just got worse!!!! And I did debate slipping back in quietly, but ten minutes after coming back on here, I was so angry and irritated I was ready to throw something at my laptop…. Great.

Firstly, thanks to those people who got what I said… the few of you who REALLY got it. Gave me hope there is *some* intelligence left here…

To those of you who didn’t… never mind…

The one thing that stood out for me and which will probably make me stay and fight this out is the fact that if I go, there is less chance of this site ever re-gaining the community it once had…. So… as I’m staying and the fact that nothing has got any better, I am taking it in the following light:

Post whores = I can only feel sorry for you. You must be so damn insecure to have to constantly seek verification that you’re pretty (when in fact, you’re not – posting more pics of yourself does not make you any prettier!) and the other post whores just pander to your insecurities, because they want the same comments back, which is infuriating and accounts for a lot of the ‘making a comment just for making a comments sake’. And to point out again, THIS IS A SITE FOR BHMS! FFAs are just the supporting act… We can be admired in an everyday situation by pretty much anyone, BHMs do not have that luxury, stop being so goddam selfish!!! Anyway, I can’t force you to stop. I hope you see the sense in what i’m saying (guessing not). So I can only take pity and ignore you - I’d hope people who agree with me on this would do the same… and for the guys who actually want to see it (I would ask why?), that’s what the whole PM thing is for…..

I don’t believe the excessive posting is due to winter boredom…. It is just literally down to a few newbies hogging the spotlight…

I’m actually quite happy and proud I’ve posted less than 200 times since June 2007. It shows I only speak when necessary…. I’m not one of those annoying girls at a party who never shuts up! In my world, quality accounts for more than quantity, but here, I guess it doesn’t work that way. So what if I’m still at one can?? What does it really matter? On the odd occasion when I do get repped, I know it’s for something I can actually be proud of….

Email = exactly what I thought… I am completely alone in this (besides Jackoblangada - thanks for supporting me through and through) If that’s the way it is, that’s the way it is…. What can I say.

You might think I’m overreacting, which I probably am. You might think I’m repeating myself, which again, I probably am. But I don’t really care. To the people who made me feel this angry, this is my place as much as yours….

I will not let you ruin this for me.

Whoever wins the contest for world’s most loved, most beautiful FFA… I hope you enjoy your trophy :)
*applause*

The comments from people that don't know the recent history and don't visit this part of the board very often are quite useless to this thread.
Certainly, cuz this has been a problem slowly growing worse over a long period of time.
And it's also been slowly blowing my mind how childish some people are.

The one thing that I do find inappropriate though, is when the mutual admiration thing goes on for more than a post or two - at that point, please exchange phone numbers or pm eachother.
I know, are we like, 15 years old? Come on people.

I just want to slap some people and tell them to get a room.
That's the crap that pisses me of off the most...don't hi-jack a thread so that you can carry on a public love-fest. Some of us have a delicate stomach, and would not like to have you inducing vomiting with your little emotional mudslides.
:wubu: i love u sooooo much! ur my evrything! lolz! :wubu:

Sorry, I couldn't help myself with that one. I'm surprised no one else has whipped that shit out yet. The whole last half of the thread has been begging for one of those, I mean, come on.

:bow:

Love.Metal

Dr. Bitchcraft
:wubu: i love u sooooo much! ur my evrything! lolz! :wubu:

Sorry, I couldn't help myself with that one. I'm surprised no one else has whipped that shit out yet. The whole last half of the thread has been begging for one of those, I mean, come on.

like, omg! i luv u 2!!! k, g2g ttyl QTpie!!!

hugzzzz

TraciJo67

First off, dearie, it was not rude, hostile nor completely unnecessary of me to say what I said. Did I personally attack anyone?? No. And I am definitely not referring to just one person... It's a result of many weeks of pure frustration seeing it over and over and over again and having the same thoughts pop into my head.... When someone decides to post a picture of themselves, they are opening the way for people to comment on them - people don't have to like what they see and if they don't like it, in response, why should they not say so?? It's not rude. It's the truth (obviously, there are tactical ways to dish that out!) Again, I have not purposefully attacked anyone.... it's open to interpretation who has provoked this in me... and dearie, it's hard not to look when it's everywhere, even in places you don't expect it to be....

And I don't quite get your last comment... but if you're maybe suggesting that people are dishing the nasty out on me now and it's like a 'ha ha', did you really think i would start this thread off and not expect that?? Really?? If people were all gonna agree with me, I wouldn't have written the thread in the first place...
Cloak it any way you want to, sugar lumps. Doesn't change the fact that what you wrote was just plain mean, with a side of rude. I don't know you, or your friends, well enough to gander a guess at who you were talking about, but I think it's plainly obvious to many of the people that you took a swipe at. Telling people that they aren't attractive, and that no amount of "post whoring" is going to change that "fact" isn't a textbook definition of polite, sweet pea. And technically, since you didn't name any names, you may not have violated any rules. Doesn't make it any less of a shitty thing to do.

Tanuki

Bear. Rawr~!
I feel very conflicted by this thread....

On the one hand I'm very new to this place but I love it, everyone is so nice and I haven't come across any nasty people at all or anyone who hasn't been anything less then lovely, this is the first forum I have ever really been a active member of or ever really gone on at all

On the other hand I'm very new to this site and.... maybe I'm part of your problem, and this is the first forum I have ever really been a part of so maybe I'm not following proper etiquette and being a silly immature post whore..

Regardless this thread has given me lots to think about.... I just wish I have been around longer to have see the forums as they were before

Melian

Ultimate Chimera
Regardless this thread has given me lots to think about.... I just wish I have been around longer to have see the forums as they were before
Oh, they're basically the same now - just slightly more annoying IF you're the type who doesn't appreciate show-boating.

And don't worry, I doubt anyone considers you to be part of the problem. You've been a lovely new member! :p

bexy

is red again <3

On the one hand I'm very new to this place but I love it, everyone is so nice and I haven't come across any nasty people at all or anyone who hasn't been anything less then lovely, this is the first forum I have ever really been a active member of or ever really gone on at all

On the other hand I'm very new to this site and.... maybe I'm part of your problem, and this is the first forum I have ever really been a part of so maybe I'm not following proper etiquette and being a silly immature post whore..

I know the original post was not by me, but I think I can categorically state that you are NOT in any way an issue and you are not who is being referred to. AT ALL. So stop worrying, post away, carry on enjoying your time here :D

Ninja Glutton

Film and Music Geek
I don't have a problem with this place at all. I'm just sitting back and watching it all unfold.

Love.Metal

Dr. Bitchcraft
I don't have a problem with this place at all. I'm just sitting back and watching it all unfold.

Totally.

I don't have a problem with Dims at all...some of the individuals who have decided to frequent the boards have given me a bit of an eye-twitch, but mostly I am just sitting around waiting for the drama to stop.

I do have the occasional mental vacation where I take everyone who pisses me off, line them up, and do a firing squad-type execution. Or at least beat them over the head with their own laptop. Either one of those little fantasies usually gives me enough or a pick-me-up to wade through the rest of the shit-splattered threads and find the untouched, relevant, fun threads.

*sigh*

But Dims in general, I have mad love for.
Fo' sho'.

<3

Ninja Glutton

Film and Music Geek
Totally.

I don't have a problem with Dims at all...some of the individuals who have decided to frequent the boards have given me a bit of an eye-twitch, but mostly I am just sitting around waiting for the drama to stop.

I do have the occasional mental vacation where I take everyone who pisses me off, line them up, and do a firing squad-type execution. Or at least beat them over the head with their own laptop. Either one of those little fantasies usually gives me enough or a pick-me-up to wade through the rest of the shit-splattered threads and find the untouched, relevant, fun threads.

*sigh*

But Dims in general, I have mad love for.
Fo' sho'.

<3
Haha. I do the same thing. Not necessarily with people here, but in real life. I'll smile and nod politely while I'm strangling them in my head.

SamanthaNY

&#9604;&#9600;&#9604;&#9600;&#9604;&#9600;&#9604;&
I feel very conflicted by this thread........ maybe I'm part of your problem, and this is the first forum I have ever really been a part of so maybe I'm not following proper etiquette and being a silly immature post whore..

I know the original post was not by me, but I think I can categorically state that you are NOT in any way an issue and you are not who is being referred to. AT ALL. So stop worrying, post away, carry on enjoying your time here :D
See, this is where the assholery of this thread does tangible damage. Happy newbs like T-Bear, who are delighted to find Dim, stumble upon this thread after having made a few posts and BAM... they worry that they've pissed someone off so much that it necessitated a whole thread of bitching. Bitching that includes numerous far-reaching attacks on anonymous "behaviors" the O.P. doesn't like. While T-Bear made the choice to post about it, there's probably several more that didn't, choosing to just back off. All because of one person pitching a fit.

T-Bear, this thread is not about you. This thread is about one person - the one who started the thread, and NO ONE ELSE.

You (and anyone else who is wondering if this thread is about them) just post yer little heart out and don't worry about what has comically turned out to be the most drama-ridden-thread-'o-the-moment.

Wantabelly

100% FFA

Hun - you have done nothing wrong and it is definitely not about you.

If any other newbies think it's about them, it most probably isn't cos this literally relates to just a few people.... And just to put it out there, I have no problem with newbies whatsoever... :kiss2:

fatgirlflyin

needs a vacation
Hun - you have done nothing wrong and it is definitely not about you.

If any other newbies think it's about them, it most probably isn't cos this literally relates to just a few people.... And just to put it out there, I have no problem with newbies whatsoever... :kiss2:

Here's the thing though, if your post relates to just a few people why not just put it all out there? Why be passive agressive about it? Call them out or message them privately. Why post something that is going to have people questioning if you're talking about them? Why risk making people who probably already struggle with feelings of belonging, wonder if they belong?

Wantabelly

100% FFA
See, this is where the assholery of this thread does tangible damage. Happy newbs like T-Bear, who are delighted to find Dim, stumble upon this thread after having made a few posts and BAM... they worry that they've pissed someone off so much that it necessitated a whole thread of bitching. Bitching that includes numerous far-reaching attacks on anonymous "behaviors" the O.P. doesn't like. While T-Bear made the choice to post about it, there's probably several more that didn't, choosing to just back off. All because of one person pitching a fit.

T-Bear, this thread is not about you. This thread is about one person - the one who started the thread, and NO ONE ELSE.

You (and anyone else who is wondering if this thread is about them) just post yer little heart out and don't worry about what has comically turned out to be the most drama-ridden-thread-'o-the-moment.
Laughable...:D

Cloak it any way you want to, sugar lumps. Doesn't change the fact that what you wrote was just plain mean, with a side of rude. I don't know you, or your friends, well enough to gander a guess at who you were talking about, but I think it's plainly obvious to many of the people that you took a swipe at. Telling people that they aren't attractive, and that no amount of "post whoring" is going to change that "fact" isn't a textbook definition of polite, sweet pea. And technically, since you didn't name any names, you may not have violated any rules. Doesn't make it any less of a shitty thing to do.
I am very clear on what is right or wrong and I have enough support on this, sugar lump sweet pea pie, to know it was not a shitty thing to do. People shouldn't hog a board with pictures of themselves if they can't handle the truth.

Drama - this was not, and drama, it totally is now - and I am definitely not about the drama. I'm about the truth and standing up for something that's upsetting not just me, but many people on this board. The drama totally needs to stop.

Wantabelly

100% FFA
Here's the thing though, if your post relates to just a few people why not just put it all out there? Why be passive agressive about it? Call them out or message them privately. Why post something that is going to have people questioning if you're talking about them? Why risk making people who probably already struggle with feelings of belonging, wonder if they belong?
To put it out there, to make people think, to openly discuss an issue that is bothering many members of this board.... People should know themselves well enough to know if it is or isn't about them. And if they don't, that's not really my fault.

bexy

is red again <3
To put it out there, to make people think, to openly discuss an issue that is bothering many members of this board.... People should know themselves well enough to know if it is or isn't about them. And if they don't, that's not really my fault.
Its not that simple though. People by nature are paranoid creatures. And if I was new to this forum and read your original post, I would wonder who you meant. Not knowing you, not knowing the forum well, I would not know how your post was intended or to whom it was directed.

As it is I took a guess at to whom it was about.
But as has been mentioned before, new people here looking for acceptance, who have maybe had issues in the past gaining acceptance from people IRL, well they may not have took that guess.
They may have thought they were unwelcome here.
They may have worried they had spoke out of turn or posted too many times.
They may have thought it was about them and stopped participating here.

I'm not saying I agree nor disagree with your original post, its your opinion and thats fair enough. But either be specific, or stop with the slurs and insinuations.

Especially if its going to start upsetting people it has nothing to do with.

And take some responsibility for what you said please. It is your fault as you made the original post. It is your fault as you weren't specific enough. If you're unhappy with our community, you can leave. But please think about what you're saying as it is making other members anxious.

There are people on these boards who annoy me, just as IRL. But I ignore them as the good far, far outweighs the bad. Can't you do the same?

Latest posts