You know you are an Fa when.......?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

loopytheone

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Omg, thanks for the laugh, HM! I doubt she meant it in a mean way either, it just sounds really blunt. Hahaha, I love being around people like that. A friend of mine has no real brain-to-mouth filter sometimes and when introducing her to my SSBHM ex, I told her to try and be polite and not mention his size. What happened was a war between her trying to be polite and not being able to restrain herself, because the first thing she said to him was "Your hands look really small compared to your belly". That cracked me up so much, as she is somewhat of an FA herself and didn't even realise what she had said could be at all rude. Thankfully he was more confused than anything else!

happily_married

Happy to be part of Dims!
Omg, thanks for the laugh, HM! I doubt she meant it in a mean way either, it just sounds really blunt. Hahaha, I love being around people like that. A friend of mine has no real brain-to-mouth filter sometimes and when introducing her to my SSBHM ex, I told her to try and be polite and not mention his size. What happened was a war between her trying to be polite and not being able to restrain herself, because the first thing she said to him was "Your hands look really small compared to your belly". That cracked me up so much, as she is somewhat of an FA herself and didn't even realise what she had said could be at all rude. Thankfully he was more confused than anything else!
Yeah that is pretty funny too. I’ve noticed the British seem more in tune with what will be considered inappropriate or offensive to Americans and consider the reason for this to be common first language. With that said I’ve also met a few who just didn’t GAF and will say what they’re thinking without reserve. It isn’t always funny but sometimes it really can be.

TwoSwords

When a colleague calls your wife fat and you just smile.

Here’s what actually happened. A few weeks ago I was at a luncheon event with one of the higher ups in my organization. I was sitting with a few ladies/colleagues, one of whom is an avid runner. She and I were discussing fitness and aging (she’s about 60). I am in my late 30s and compete in judo at 161 pounds. I never let myself get more than 165 or so, and mentioned that when I am ready to cut the weight for competition it’s as simple as not having beer with dinner the week of the weigh in and maybe slightly smaller portions.

I added my poor wife sees me cut 4-5 pounds so effortlessly and gets so jealous. Meanwhile she just drives past a donut shop and picks up a pound or two.

Another colleague was listening, and a guest who was on the other side of her asked what I had said. This colleague turned to her and said, “His wife is really fat and gains weight easily.”

The other women at the table were stunned. The “offending” party blissfully continued eating her meal, not even noticing the other women’s response. The runner whom I had been talking to initially looked back and forth at me and the other colleague (I was sitting next to the her and the runner was across from us) with an uneasy look on her face to see how I would respond.

(Ironically enough both women work in the protocol office of the event’s host.)

I didn’t take offense though. I genuinely don’t think she meant to be rude. She’s a pretty nice person. She’s also from Spain. I don’t think she meant it in a mean way she simply was interpreting what I said in a matter of fact way. This is consistent with other Spanish, French, and Italians I’ve met over the years. They’re less sensitive to certain descriptive words than Americans tend to be.
That's the world I want to live in. :)

"But why should I object to that term, sir? You see, in our century, we've learned not to fear words." - Nyota Uhura; Star Trek, the Original Series; "The Savage Curtain"

Oh, for greater wisdom.

happily_married

That's the world I want to live in. :)

"But why should I object to that term, sir? You see, in our century, we've learned not to fear words." - Nyota Uhura; Star Trek, the Original Series; "The Savage Curtain"

Oh, for greater wisdom.
Intent is everything. This person wasn’t trying to be mean. She’s actually a pretty nice woman and pleasant to talk to. She has some common interests as me (likes being outdoors, beach, boarding, kayaking, etc) so I know she wasn’t trying to be mean.

That’s not to say I’d go to war with someone who was trying to be mean. In that case the situation dictates. Generally speaking, people being openly nasty about a person’s weight are just trying to get a rise out of people. I refuse to give them that satisfaction.

happily_married

Tonight at the grocery store my wife mentioned she wanted a treat for dessert. She was browsing the bakery items and was looking at some sort of decadent brownie. As she did I patted and rubbed her big ass and said “I like where this is heading.”

:D

Shotha

DM Supporter
Because I'm studying Sanskrit and the Bhagavad Gita, I have rather a lot of Indian friends. For them fat and size are not taboo subjects. As I like being fat, I find their comments to be absolutely delightful.

For example, the Sanskrit teacher one night encouraged me to have some more of the supper served after classes with the words, "Go on. I'm sure that you can fit some more in your little belly."

On another occasion, he was giving me a ride home after class. I got into the front seat on the passenger side and the car tilted to one side. He asked, "Frank, how much do you weigh?"

On yet another occasion, when we were expected, to dramatize a Sanskrit text to see if we properly understood it, they cast me as Buddha Maitreya, the Fat Buddha (also known as Pu-tai or Hotei), even though he didn't figure in the text.

You certainly know that you're an FA, when you enjoy attention like this.

TwoSwords

Intent is everything. This person wasn’t trying to be mean. She’s actually a pretty nice woman and pleasant to talk to.
More people should think about this factor primarily. It would disarm many situations if nobody went looking for reasons to be offended. (Not to say there never are any legitimate ones. You know what I mean.)

Shotha

DM Supporter
It would disarm many situations if nobody went looking for reasons to be offended. (Not to say there never are any legitimate ones. You know what I mean.)
I totally agree. I notice that people take offense at comments, which are purely descriptive. If someone picks you out as "the fat guy over there" it's not meant to be offensive but I've noticed other fat guys get quite offended. If you don't take offense, then no offense can be given. Purely as an experiment, I've recently tried introducing myself at gatherings with the words, "Hello, my name is Frank and I'm fat..." It seems to stop people from saying anything about my size or shape.

happily_married

Because I'm studying Sanskrit and the Bhagavad Gita, I have rather a lot of Indian friends. For them fat and size are not taboo subjects. As I like being fat, I find their comments to be absolutely delightful.
Interesting.

My wife had an Indian doctor for a while and at first she really liked her. But the longer she was with her the relationship began to deteriorate because she kept prying into my wife’s sex life and implying her husband would be happier if she lost weight. She even asked her how my ability to perform was, specifically if I was able to grow aroused by her at her weight and stay aroused through the whole process.

My wife finally told her, “if you knew my husband you’d know what keeps his dick hard. The last time he fucked a skinny girl he went soft inside her!” (True story.)

She said her doctor just stared blankly and then awkwardly tried to ask if I understood the ramifications of her being so heavy. It was shortly after that she changed doctors.

Its anecdotal of course but it does seem to me there’s a shaming element within the Indian community here in the U.S. at least. I had a sexual partner who was soundly ostracized by other Indians locally because of her weight. Thing is she wasn’t even fat, just a little chubby. She was a lot like Mindy Kaling but a little chubbier. I went with her to an ethnic market in Denver and was shocked at how hostile people were to her and she told me it was her weight. Saddest thing was her husband took their child and bailed on her because she couldn’t drop the weight after the pregnancy.

The pregnancy also damaged her vagina and as a result she and I only had anal sex. She said the surgery was something she couldn’t afford so sex was always going to be in her butt. We were really just fuck buddies anyway, she also was into girls, so the penetration issue wasn’t a problem with them. Elsewhere I mentioned having a partner who liked being watched, this is one of the women I was talking about. She often invited friends to watch, and one friend ordered us around for her own amusement.

Good times!

happily_married

I took my wife on a lunch date today. The hostess was a very cute young woman, with a very nice backside. As we followed her to our table my eyes kept shifting from her cute little butt to my wife’s profoundly awesome big butt. It was fun to compare them side by side, and nice as hers was I wouldn’t trade it for my wife’s.

The best part came when we sat down and the hostess walked away. My wife leaned across the table and said “I’m not gonna lie, I couldn’t take my eyes off that girl’s butt! Cute, cute, cute!”

There was something hot about knowing my wife was scoping out another woman’s butt.

Shotha

DM Supporter
I can attest to that. Germans often come across as rude when we're really just straightforward in our language.
I think that this sums up nicely, how many of our encounters with other cultures get misinterpreted. In many cultures fat is not a taboo subject. If someone is fat, they will openly comment about it with no intention to cause offense. We misinterpret this as intentionally offensive behaviour when it isn't that at all.

Shotha

DM Supporter
It would disarm many situations if nobody went looking for reasons to be offended.
This is why I prefer to describe myself and other people as "fat" rather than "big" or "overweight". If I use the word of myself and my friends, then it stops offensive behaviour before it starts.

Shotha

DM Supporter
You know you're an FFA when a part of you looks forward to getting older and having more BHM in your age bracket to admire.
Yep. Life is a banquet and the best course is served last, when you're an FA or FFA, as most people gain weight as they mature.

Latest posts