"All the nice girls love a bastard!"

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

CastingPearls

Go Big Or Go Home
In Remembrance
Everyone seems to be using descriptives like 'strong personality', 'dominant', 'bad naughty boy' etc. but there are quite a few bastards out there who are sneaky cowardly egg-sucking weasels. While a bastard may be desirable sexually or evolutionarily (iz that a wurd?) that's one gene-pool polluter that defies comprehension.

joswitch

Exile from Main Board
Everyone seems to be using descriptives like 'strong personality', 'dominant', 'bad naughty boy' etc. but there are quite a few bastards out there who are sneaky cowardly egg-sucking weasels. While a bastard may be desirable sexually or evolutionarily (iz that a wurd?) that's one gene-pool polluter that defies comprehension.
I like to imagine that you're wearing a big black ten gallon hat, loading your rifle and squinting into the sun while you mutter "sneaky cowardly egg-sucking weasels"...:p made me lol! :D

escapist

Belt Buster!
I like to imagine that you're wearing a big black ten gallon hat, loading your rifle and squinting into the sun while you mutter "sneaky cowardly egg-sucking weasels"...:p made me lol! :D
"yup, you got that right partner." :D

Hahaha, ATTRACTION OBLITERATOR. It sounds like a super-villain.
I was thinking more like a Super Cool Manga Weapon, "Hahahah, you will never survive a blast from my ATTRACTION OBLITERATOR CANNON!"

....Uhh, all the stuff you said...
Yeah so I'm sure a lot of what I say sounds familiar to you then. David DeAngela is one of the Attraction Guru's that I most closely identify with. We have very different personalities, and he has a far more dry style of comedy. He has certainly inspired a lot of my own methods and thoughts on the whole matter. I'd say the biggest one was. Work on yourself, don't work on women. When I do a class, a workshop, and whatnot, one of the first things I start with is "Who do you want to be". Most guys don't want to be a bastard (some really don't care). Some guys don't even realize they aren't even being the man they want to be. They know what they identify as strong honorable traits but then don't even try to live up to them. Its to easy to get caught up in the grind of having a job, going to school, or whatever else.

"2) never woo a woman, that is passing power over to her. Make her earn approval from you instead."

Just to clarify, he's not talking about being an A'hole who sets up a series of test and crap. He really means, just don't be needy and approval seeking yourself. He's not talking about when you have that attraction and love building that you shouldn't take her on a date, and get her gifts. He only means don't use those methods to create attraction, because "Stuff" will not make someone love you. I've actually had more than one person try that approach on me, and yeah....its not cute or attractive.

----------------

To others who have commented about cocky comedy, yeah if you can figure out what it really is and how it really works without hurting someones feelings it can be a Magic Bullet. Not to mention it really is just fun to be out, having a very attractive woman on your arm, and her busting as she enjoy's your personality and sense of humor.

Crumbling

Distilled Evil
Conventions of the genre would dictate that only "sneaky cowardly egg-sucking weasels" wear the black hats.

S.

TheMildlyStrangeone

More often than not, I hear this complaint levied by guys who are simply too passive or just have a poor personality. It's just like the whole "she must not like me because I am fat". Thinking that the reason she rejected you because you are just a "nice guy" is purely a cop-out. Nice guys get women all the time! There's a difference, however, between being nice and not having a backbone.

I think disparities in gender roles gives the upper hand to the more assertive guy.

**Warning: generalizations ahead!!**

Women want a go-getter. Throughout evolution, the man who provided for his family, was the preferred choice of mate.In nature, we see the Alpha male of a pack always has his pick of mate. A guy who is just willing to be pushed around or not speak up for himself is unlikely to offer the better opportunity for survival. Of course, as we evolve further away from a hunter-gatherer lifestyle and the equality gap closes (albeit extremely slowly), the gender roles of dominance and submission might change what mates are more attractive.

Lastly, nice guys can woo a potential mate. I have a great friend who is a painfully shy guy,and not-so-coincidentally, very nice. He has been in a relationship with a girl for several years. He attracted her because he was a nice guy. She is the more dominant one in the relationship but it works for them.

gobettiepurple

I'm your huckleberry
Maybe I should become a matchmaker for the corpulent . . . It seems that there is so much talk of relationships in every corner of this forum, that perhaps I should take my skill with people and turn it into a business.

I have always felt that I would become interested in being attached when the right attachment came along . . . i.e. a guy that was actually interested in my brain and wanted a meaningful relationships [being catholic wouldn't hurt].

At least in my experience, I want someone that actually asks me to dance, buys me a drink and will actually call just because they are interested in hearing my voice . . . three things that have NEVER .happened to me, but at the same time they show that a guy is willing and interested in me as a women.

"All nice girls love a bastard" because the bastard actually pursues them. I have found that nice guys are typically waiting in the wings for someone else to do the work, i.e. the girl - men complain about women having all the power, but in truth you gave us this power by requiring us to do all the work, make the dinner plans, decided what movie to see, when to be in contact, "here's my phone number, give me a call . . . "

My grandparents were married for a million years and he sent her love letters from the korean war during their courtship so she would not "forget him" . . . i cant imagine any of my male friends or cousins or my brother ever doing that for their girlfriends or being romantic in any sense of the word. Romance is probably the wrong word, but sincere affection and interest are hard to come by these days as everyone second guesses each other in an attempt to give themselves the upper hand in the relationship.

I am an independent women, but at the same time, I am still a women and I am worthy of someone's time in courtship . . . [Did that sound too old fashioned? :) because I am beginning to think that they just dont make men like they used to, which is kind of a loss for us ladies.]

spiritangel

AmandaClause

"All nice girls love a bastard" because the bastard actually pursues them. I have found that nice guys are typically waiting in the wings for someone else to do the work, i.e. the girl - men complain about women having all the power, but in truth you gave us this power by requiring us to do all the work, make the dinner plans, decided what movie to see, when to be in contact, "here's my phone number, give me a call . . . "

that is often very true, and also sometimes the bastards (guess for me being an Aussie I have always thought bastard to be a bad thing, and it isnt about having a backbone ect rather CP's description) are good at disguising themselves my ex is the perfect example of that, I dont want to have to do all the work, I mean I will work at the romance ect but want you to as well, Think we put to much emphasis on power and who has it what happened to things being a partnership, to both people contributing?, and I guess I am somewhat old fashioned at heart, I want a guy to ask me out and persue me a bit show me hes interested.

LovesBigMen

Poco G. leave it there xD

.]

Well I had written alot and then I pressed something and it all deleted I was like Dx.
But I will say this WOW very well put. Guys always seem at least the guys I like the nice ones always want the girl to do everything ask them out call them. I want a guy to call me I am not some clingy women who is always calling and texting the guy. But you basicly said it all very well and I don't want to re type all I had written hahaha.:happy:

FishCharming

derailer extraordinaire!
Not really. I think many women love a man who is strong, confident, protective of his woman, and who is sure of himself.

That "women want jerks" bs is spewed mostly by weak men who have low self esteem and can't score because they lack confidence, charisma, and strength!!!!

It is true many young girls go for the truly bad boys, but a lot of women grow out of that stuff.
i have noticed that the more mature ladies, ie the ones i'm actually interested in, all have decent guys. it's the vapid little girls that run around with assholes.

and as for being a bastard... i'm usually a nice guy until someone attempts to take advantage of me, then i let slip the bastards of war =)

i noticed that this happens mostly with the attractive young women i work with. they look at me and assume that a smile and a little bit of flirting and they have their own puppy dog slave but it usually ends up with me laughing in their face which shakes their self-esteem and has had the opposite effect on a few occasions.

Melian

Ultimate Chimera
Late to this thread...but yeah, I love a bastard.

The best guys are the ones who are sweet to me, but total pieces of shit to everyone else - I find them very entertaining and endearing. I love a guy who will:

- take me to a movie and throw garbage at children (in the dark, when they can't pinpoint his whereabouts).

- piss on a sleeping hobo for my amusement.

- invite friends over for the sole purpose of schooling them at every fighting game we own, and then mock them until they leave.

Etc etc. I have nothing in common with overly nice guys :rolleyes:

stldpn

:(

I hope the hobo throws poop, cause damn
hobos are nasty... We used to have a homeless guy who would come in the receiving doors and take a shit on the parquet mosaic in the lobby at least once a week.

WillSpark

King Of The Robo-Sluts
Late to this thread...but yeah, I love a bastard.

The best guys are the ones who are sweet to me, but total pieces of shit to everyone else - I find them very entertaining and endearing. I love a guy who will:

- take me to a movie and throw garbage at children (in the dark, when they can't pinpoint his whereabouts).

- piss on a sleeping hobo for my amusement.

- invite friends over for the sole purpose of schooling them at every fighting game we own, and then mock them until they leave.

Etc etc. I have nothing in common with overly nice guys :rolleyes:
Hey, I's like to think we have some stuff in common, or do you only like me for my douche-posts? :p

joswitch

Exile from Main Board
hobos are nasty... We used to have a homeless guy who would come in the receiving doors and take a shit on the parquet mosaic in the lobby at least once a week.
that's hobo vengeance on the world... :p

stldpn

that's hobo vengeance on the world... :p
It was bad, because my receptionist could always see him coming but the way we were set up there was no way to get a male out there to oust him before he could drop trow and do his thing.