BBW Confessions thread

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

1love_emily

COLLEGE
I can't wait to escape my dull life in Nebraska for a MONTH of band camp.

Yes, I'm going to a band camp

AND IM SO EXCITED! I get to escape, I get to play trombone all day for a month and be in the mountains with other people older than me who are talented at their instrument. It's like a sex dream for me... being with people who ACTUALLY KNOW how to play. God, it makes me all hot and bothered

crayola box

IC I just walked into the house to be ambushed by my family wanting to discuss my weight, so I turned around and left. When I returned I could see there was nothing I could say that they would hear and accept so I told them we'll talk tomorrow. Now I am dreading picking this up in the morning.

LovelyLiz

I confess that sometimes, I wish certain emoticons didn't exist...they make stuff creepy.
I totally read the word "emotions" here at first. I was wondering which emotions made things creepy, and was drawing a blank.

But now it all makes sense. :eat1::eat2:

bbwlibrarian

possibly revolutionary
I totally read the word "emotions" here at first. I was wondering which emotions made things creepy, and was drawing a blank.

But now it all makes sense. :eat1::eat2:
I would say that anger makes things creepy sometimes, but repression of said anger ALWAYS makes things awkward.

I ate three bags of candy today (the $1 variety, not the $5 value size kind) and I feel slightly gross as a result. However, it was *really* tasty.

hrd

An enormous mystery package showed up today, and it turns out I won a recycling bin in a Target contest. It was such an absurd surprise, I couldn't stop laughing, but I'm a recycling freak, so yay! for me. =)

MisticalMisty

IC I just walked into the house to be ambushed by my family wanting to discuss my weight, so I turned around and left. When I returned I could see there was nothing I could say that they would hear and accept so I told them we'll talk tomorrow. Now I am dreading picking this up in the morning.
I'm really sorry. I would just tell them it's not up for discussion. Good luck!

Punkin1024

Summer's already here!
I've been feeling tired a lot lately. Dealing with West Texas wind and lack of rain really wears me out. On the up side. I found a sugar-free, gluten free pancake and waffle mix that makes very tasty pancakes!

Amatrix

Winkyface
IC that I just want to hold someone, play with their hair and tell them everything is going to be okay.

jewels_mystery

Urban Hippie
I am sorry your family is doing this to you. {{hugs}}

jewels_mystery

Urban Hippie
IC that I finally landed a job!!! I graduated Dec 09 and the only jobs I have been offered is seasonal/temporary work. I will be relocating to central New York State. I am originally from NYC so it will be nice to be closer to family and friends. Now I am packing up stuff to ship and stuff to put in storage. yay

MisticalMisty

IC that I finally landed a job!!! I graduated Dec 09 and the only jobs I have been offered is seasonal/temporary work. I will be relocating to central New York State. I am originally from NYC so it will be nice to be closer to family and friends. Now I am packing up stuff to ship and stuff to put in storage. yay
Congrats! I am so excited for you!

Tau

IXAMXDECADENCE
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! So happy for you Jewels :D

LovelyLiz

AWESOME! That is great news, jewels. What will you be doing? Congratulations, and hope the move goes smoothly!! :)

PeanutButterfly

I confess I'm so in love its scary. I never thought love could last this long. I always figured that after the initial "honeymoon" phase (i.e. those first few months) that everything would cool down and it would be more a comfortable love, not the sparks flying, tingling, I never want to be without you love. While I would say my love has definitely evolved, I haven't lost a single spark. I know we've only been together a little over a year, but I didn't expect this feeling to last so long. It's almost like the first time you wear a pair of glasses. I had no idea the world was supposed to look this way or what I was missing. But now I can't imagine my life without him.

I also confess I used to be a cynic before I met this person. Well I was a romantic first, then a cynic, but this particular someone has actually managed to awaken a side of me that has been dormant for a long, long time.

Punkin1024

Summer's already here!
Yay!! So happy for you!

I confess I'm so in love its scary. I never thought love could last this long. I always figured that after the initial "honeymoon" phase (i.e. those first few months) that everything would cool down and it would be more a comfortable love, not the sparks flying, tingling, I never want to be without you love. While I would say my love has definitely evolved, I haven't lost a single spark. I know we've only been together a little over a year, but I didn't expect this feeling to last so long. It's almost like the first time you wear a pair of glasses. I had no idea the world was supposed to look this way or what I was missing. But now I can't imagine my life without him.

I also confess I used to be a cynic before I met this person. Well I was a romantic first, then a cynic, but this particular someone has actually managed to awaken a side of me that has been dormant for a long, long time.
Ain't LOVE grand! :)

Tania

Disneyland Bobsled Team
IC that I've just spent the past half hour laughing my ass off at some of the comments on the Huffpost blog about Vogue Italia's plus cover and photo feature. Most of the comments were very positive, but some weren't - proof positive that a lot of people have no fucking idea what fat is, let alone why it's so damn scary. Still, they're so freaked out about it that they'll pull scary-sounding (to people who have no clue what women weigh or wear) numbers out of their asses to fart up a defense against it. I swear to God, you show some of these people what 200 pounds and size 14 really look like, they'd melt. Like you can't get any heavier or bigger or uglier than 200 pounds or size 14. *dies at the ignorance*

In related confessions, I also really enjoy kicking that kind of stupidity in the head, just by weighing what I weigh and wearing the sizes I wear. Simply by telling the truth, I shatter men's idols.

Latest posts